Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

AFLX ...Garbage?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

AFLX?
Yep, it's crap
51%
 51%  [ 49 ]
It's pretty average, not interested.
21%
 21%  [ 21 ]
It's ok, I can watch it.
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
I like it, they shoukd keep it!
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 96

K 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:18 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Clubs may be asked to bid for AFLX licences

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/clubs-may-be-asked-to-bid-for-aflx-licences-20190514-p51ndh.html

"In a meeting with clubs on Tuesday, AFL boss Gillon McLachlan also raised the prospect of clubs only participating in AFLX if they wished and thus limiting the numbers of teams for the short-form of football.

The bidding for licences could be along the lines of clubs bidding for AFLW teams, where there is a finite number of places and clubs would decide whether they wished to pursue it and make a bid or not."
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 pm

K wrote:
Clubs may be asked to bid for AFLX licences

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/clubs-may-be-asked-to-bid-for-aflx-licences-20190514-p51ndh.html

"In a meeting with clubs on Tuesday, AFL boss Gillon McLachlan also raised the prospect of clubs only participating in AFLX if they wished and thus limiting the numbers of teams for the short-form of football.

The bidding for licences could be along the lines of clubs bidding for AFLW teams, where there is a finite number of places and clubs would decide whether they wished to pursue it and make a bid or not."

So what happens if the teams in the premiership window and some of the interstate sides say it is mot worth the travel costs and disruption to training etc and suddenly you have a second rate comp before it starts.

Maybe the 8 teams who miss the finals could play in the first 2 weeks of the finals as you would only need about 14 players so even if the VFL teams are still in you could still field a side. Those players needing surgery can still have it done.Might be some incentive for coin for the end of season trip. Normally one game on the sunday so play them around that say at docklands.

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 11:01 am

Bob Murphy:

USA here to stay in Australian football, but I don't have to like it

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/usa-here-to-stay-in-australian-football-but-i-don-t-have-to-like-it-20190515-p51no8.html

"In my final years in the game, I knew it was time to leave because my body started to give out under the strain. But my teammates warming up in oversized headphones was also a timely signal that it was probably time to step away.

Truthfully, those of us within the “resistance” were simply trying to delay the inevitable. Buying time. We know we’re going to lose the war. It’s a generally accepted view now that we should try to emulate how the US codes are run. That’s not always a bad idea, but it ain’t always good either."
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:09 pm

Can they just abandon the whole concept of AFLX. It's rubbish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9   

Jump to: