Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Intra-Club Match, 7:10pm Thu 22 Feb 2018 - live streaming

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:30 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp won't be a bolter. What you see is what you get. Aish on the other hand is looking very good. He could be anything this season if he can stay fit. You need to take last night for what it was. Just a hit up to try different things to work out our best team for round 1. The two JLT games will tell us more. It's too earlier to say what our forward line will do this season without taking into account all the different permutations of the side. All you can say is that we are better poisoned at this point of the year than at the same time last year when see players like Sier and Oxley out on the field (and that's despite our current injury list).
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:27 am

In hindsight I did think Moore looked a bit skinny lol.
Don't ask me to pick out anyone in a line up
Rolling Eyes
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 am

Yeah, I agree re Crisp. See ball, get ball, thump the ball with hand or foot. Man, if only he had an ounce of Pendles’ composure.

I know it was only a first up hit out, but I’ve been to most pre season intra club games over the past few years, and they all look the same. Horrible switches in the backline, no clean end to end ball movement, opportunistic goals for the most part. I really hope people don’t have high expectations. I want to remain positive, but this will be a tread water year while Buckley HOPEFULLY finally figures out his best 25.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:52 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Crisp won't be a bolter. What you see is what you get. Aish on the other hand is looking very good. He could be anything this season if he can stay fit. You need to take last night for what it was. Just a hit up to try different things to work out our best team for round 1. The two JLT games will tell us more. It's too earlier to say what our forward line will do this season without taking into account all the different permutations of the side. All you can say is that we are better poisoned at this point of the year than at the same time last year when see players like Sier and Oxley out on the field (and that's despite our current injury list).

Re Crisp he was already rated in the top 10% of general defenders last year. That may be overstating his impact given he probably had a fair few midfield minutes in there as well. I don't think he needs to bolt as such, just a few tidying up improvements and he'll be very good.

I assume you mean "positioned", but it does somewhat feel like we've been poisoned on the injury front each year.

I am concerned that we have several guys who will have had underdone pre-seasons (Elliott, Faz, Wells, Howe, Moore and I have possibly missed some).

Our first six games are going to be critical in setting up our season when these guys are unlikely to be cherry-ripe.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:33 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:

Re Crisp he was already rated in the top 10% of general defenders last year. That may be overstating his impact given he probably had a fair few midfield minutes in there as well. I don't think he needs to bolt as such, just a few tidying up improvements and he'll be very good.

I assume you mean "positioned", but it does somewhat feel like we've been poisoned on the injury front each year.

I am concerned that we have several guys who will have had underdone pre-seasons (Elliott, Faz, Wells, Howe, Moore and I have possibly missed some).

Our first six games are going to be critical in setting up our season when these guys are unlikely to be cherry-ripe.

Howe and Wells are experienced warriors, who if picked to play in the first round, will be ready to go. The others however are a worry. Elliot, Faz and Moore all need time to adjust, so playing at least one JLT game is essential to make their mark if they are to play the first game of the season.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-02-23/key-intraclub-performers-rated
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Some (more) random thoughts:

Sier looked a big lump of a lad. Not prominent, but was matched up on some prominent players.

I see no real reason to be excited by a scrambled kick off the ground in the goal square. Luck at best, confused defence at worst.

Sanderson: "They both play well forward." Hmmm.... (Nicksters, did the two he referred to immediately come to your minds?)

And some really bad news: Reid's bald patch seems to be growing.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:37 pm

I’d love to see the quality of other intra club games. I fear ours would look amateur in terms of decision making by contrast. I know I know, first got out. But decision making from a bunch of players that have been together for years now...not impressed. We REALLY need our best team I. The Park week in week out.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:22 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d love to see the quality of other intra club games. I fear ours would look amateur in terms of decision making by contrast. ...

RH, and other interested Nicksters: you can compare what we dished out to the quality of arguably the two best sides in the AFL.

TONIGHT, Friday, February 23, from 5.30pm.

Inter-club match: Sydney vs. GWS.

Live streamed:

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-02-22/practice-match-live-stream

Anyone who watches, please give your thoughts here. Do we look like bumbling amateurs in comparison?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:59 pm

De Goey will be a star for us this year. He's got just the right combination of physicality, grunt and class. He does, however, along with others on our list, need to improve his goal kicking accuracy.

Aish is finally beginning to show what he can do. The extra few kilos of muscle have made him a solid marking target. He is a beautiful kick for goal.

If last night is anything to go by then Goldsack could be the surprise forward of the year.

I was also rather impressed with Reid, who looks like he's bulked up a bit.

Kirby is all class, but still needs to work on his tank.

Stephenson will play round one.

Langdon is way ahead of Scharenberg as a mid sized defender.

Cox won every single hit out he contested, though often it was against 3 rd rung rucks like McLarty and Lynch (?).

Pendles, Treloar and Adams were all class and just went thru the motions.

Overall, it was a good hitout, but not much more than that.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:01 pm

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
I’d love to see the quality of other intra club games. I fear ours would look amateur in terms of decision making by contrast. ...

RH, and other interested Nicksters: you can compare what we dished out to the quality of arguably the two best sides in the AFL.

Live streamed:

Anyone who watches, please give your thoughts here. Do we look like bumbling amateurs in comparison?

We looked a bit ordinary last night, but that was largely due to the quality of the opposition. Make of that what you will. Confused
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:09 pm

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Live streamed:

We all need to be cautious here when we start comparing apples with oranges in these games.
I would think a game between two AFL teams is always going to look better than two teams competing against each other from the one club, both of which had VFL players as top ups.
I would think that if the swans and giants didn't look slicker than our game, then both of those coaches would be fairly disappointed.
E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:22 pm

any way to see a replay of the intraclub game?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:32 pm

K wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Live streamed:

Anybody else feel dirty visiting the GWS web site.

I'm feeling all sort of Barnaby.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:35 pm

Heater is out there!!! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: