Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Intra-Club Match, 7:10pm Thu 22 Feb 2018 - live streaming

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

K wrote:
E wrote:
any way to see a replay of the intraclub game?

Three minutes of highlights only:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-02-23/the-very-best-of-piesintra

thanks for that.

WHE and Langdon appear to be the class of the field out there.

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:40 am

E wrote:
K wrote:
Comparing Applebies with Oranges & Reds:

Briefly, from what I casually saw ...

Oranges & Reds probably were a lot better in transition than Blacks & Whites.
Possession chains seemed longer.
Hit targets by foot more often, esp. I50, although some clangers also.

One or two good marks from Reid Jr., though not enough to think he'd save his bro's club.
A few kicks OOB on full from Heater.
Not much from Keeffe.

Bonar lurked around the play & had his moments, but we already knew he's currently more physically mature than our 3 draftees.

did you see this?

"It does look like Will Setterfield has torn his ACL," Hayes said.

"He'll go in for scans to confirm, but it's disappointing as he's had a great pre-season."

Setterfield, 20, played twice last season after being taken with the fifth pick in the 2016 NAB AFL Draft.

The injury marred a contest that was cut short by a power outage.

Sydney won by 26 points.

Players shook hands after the third quarter believing the contest was over, but despite having no floodlights to play under, the clubs agreed to a further 10 minutes of action.

Seems like a shitshow to me!!!! and a costly one at that.

His cousin, No 1 draft pick Isabel Huntington, just did her ACL a couple of weeks ago in AFLW. Bad luck for the family

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:31 am

E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:

thanks for that.

Langdon and WHE share Best on Ground for the game IMO. Langdon towelled De Goey at least once. Don't know why there is the excessive praise for De Goey's effort. He did all right but nothing better than several others. He seemed to want to take the game on but lacked sharp, quick decision making. Also missed a couple of goals (one out on the full?).
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:42 am

X-factor forward Kayle Kirby

Sanderson: “He’s still not probably in the physical condition he needs to be to be a consistent AFL player. But we just saw his skills tonight.

“He kicked three goals in five minutes. He’s got some special talent. He’s very raw, but he’s going to be a player we’re going to really enjoy watching develop.”

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-02-23/key-intraclub-performers-rated

Height 182 cm (6 ft 0 in)
Weight 89 kg (196 lb)

Should be about 5kg lighter for his height.

How is this possible?.... does the kid live on coke and twinkies Confused
Does he bludge on the track? I just don't get it?

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

For some it is just harder to lose the weight just as it is to put on muscle/weight.

James Aish has bulked up a bit but speaking to him last year at a function, he said that he can bulk up in the off season but will loose some of that bulk when he starts playing.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
For some it is just harder to lose the weight just as it is to put on muscle/weight.

James Aish has bulked up a bit but speaking to him last year at a function, he said that he can bulk up in the off season but will loose some of that bulk when he starts playing.

That's typical for many players. Crisp, for example. (Actually, I'm wondering who doesn't.)
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:53 am

Woods wrote:
E wrote:
K wrote:
E wrote:

thanks for that.

Langdon and WHE share Best on Ground for the game IMO. Langdon towelled De Goey at least once. Don't know why there is the excessive praise for De Goey's effort. He did all right but nothing better than several others. He seemed to want to take the game on but lacked sharp, quick decision making. Also missed a couple of goals (one out on the full?).

woods, when shane Woewodin had really really blond hair, he was rated much more highly than his performance deserved. Same with De Goey here. My point is not that he had really blonde hair. My point is that he has had so much attention in the past week that every touch and every involvement was noticed.

Langdon could not be more anonymous if he tried. and i think he likes it that way. the guy just does his job. noticed by coaches. often missed by fans. that is why when people put together best 22s, about half of us leave him out of the team ENTIRELY! not even a spot on the bench for him!!!!! some dont even list him in the players who missed out on selection. like there is no need to explain why he isnt on the list.

Yet coaches love him! probably one of the first 8-10 picked at pie land and deservedly so. I love Langdon. he possesses Nick Maxwell intangibles that will continue to blossom as he matures.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 am

E wrote:
Woods wrote:

... Same with De Goey here. ...My point is that he has had so much attention in the past week that every touch and every involvement was noticed.

Langdon could not be more anonymous if he tried. and i think he likes it that way. the guy just does his job. noticed by coaches. often missed by fans. that is why when people put together best 22s, about half of us leave him out of the team ENTIRELY! not even a spot on the bench for him!!!!! some dont even list him in the players who missed out on selection. like there is no need to explain why he isnt on the list.

Yet coaches love him! probably one of the first 8-10 picked at pie land and deservedly so. I love Langdon. he possesses Nick Maxwell intangibles that will continue to blossom as he matures.

I agree that JDG's performance seems to have been overrated by quite a few. I do recall that moment when Langdon in defence just plain outread &/or outbodied JDG.

Langdon is a rather laidback character, but I'm not entirely convinced ponytails, manbuns & headbands constitute someone who could not be more anonymous and likes it that way. More importantly, I'm not sure what his good intraclub performance means about the standard of that game. [The three-minute highlight package looks fine. The problem lies in the other 97 minutes (or whatever it was).] In the last game last season against Melbourne, he and Scharenberg looked physically completely outmatched by their opponents in all senses: speed, stamina, and strength. Has Langdon perhaps had a good summer?
E 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:54 am

K wrote:
E wrote:
Woods wrote:

... Same with De Goey here. ...My point is that he has had so much attention in the past week that every touch and every involvement was noticed.

I agree that JDG's performance seems to have been overrated by quite a few. I do recall that moment when Langdon in defence just plain outread &/or outbodied JDG.

Langdon is a rather laidback character, but I'm not entirely convinced ponytails, manbuns & headbands constitute someone who could not be more anonymous and likes it that way. More importantly, I'm not sure what his good intraclub performance means about the standard of that game. [The three-minute highlight package looks fine. The problem lies in the other 97 minutes (or whatever it was).] In the last game last season against Melbourne, he and Scharenberg looked physically completely outmatched by their opponents in all senses: speed, stamina, and strength. Has Langdon perhaps had a good summer?

no idea, but most people who miss A LOT of footy, need to play a lot of footy to get back up to speed. It is not uncommon at all for players coming off 12 months injuries improve dramatically the second season back.

I wouldn't judge either Scharenberg or Langdon on your perception of them last season. especially at the end.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:04 am

E wrote:
K wrote:
... More importantly, I'm not sure what his good intraclub performance means about the standard of that game. [The three-minute highlight package looks fine. The problem lies in the other 97 minutes (or whatever it was).] In the last game last season against Melbourne, he and Scharenberg looked physically completely outmatched by their opponents in all senses: speed, stamina, and strength. Has Langdon perhaps had a good summer?

no idea, but most people who miss A LOT of footy, need to play a lot of footy to get back up to speed. It is not uncommon at all for players coming off 12 months injuries improve dramatically the second season back.

I wouldn't judge either Scharenberg or Langdon on your perception of them last season. especially at the end.

My comment was strictly about one of the things that stood out when I watched the video replay of the Melbourne game. (I wasn't intending extrapolation beyond that.) They both seemed to be flailing...
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:04 pm

K wrote:
E wrote:
Woods wrote:

I don't think JDG's game has been overrated. He was impressive because he used his bulk and speed to take the game on, bursting thru packs, which is exactly what we've been hoping to see from him. Mark my words, he'll finish in our top 4-5 players this year. He is a gun.

I loved Langdon's game and agree that he has a lot of Maxwell about him. He's a no nonsense, get the job done type midfielder. If he can remain injury free he'll have a massive year for us imo. As for Scharenberg, I've said my peace on him previously, so there's no need for me to expand. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: