Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Hawks - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:54 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
Carlton looked more organised last night than we have in 4 years.
They moved the ball from end to end with speed, precision and daring. This season worries me even more now after watching that.

And got beat by 6 goals after a 5 goal start.Anyone tell me where is Schanberg??
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:36 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
They moved the ball from end to end with speed, precision and daring. This season worries me even more now after watching that.

Yeah they look organised, but struggled when it got hot in the last quarter!

www.facebook/the hybernators
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:46 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think Crocker gets a little too much flack on here. He's very inexperienced and has only shown glimpses. However, he does kick accurately for goal, so he's the sort of guy who could get 4 goals from 4 or 5 kicks. In order for that to occur, he needs, as you suggest, to get more of the ball. He does have an upside, though. In any event, there's plenty of other spots that Brown could have been given, given the holes we have everywhere in the front half of the ground.

I wish the lad well however I was pretty surprised to see him still on "our" list.

He can kick the ball accurately but misses "gettable" shots too.

He is not fast and he doesn't trouble the statisticians very much when he does play. Unremarkble comes to mind when describing his limited contirbutions to his limited opportunities so far. I hope he does do well but there's very little so far to inspire me with confidence.

Having said that, I have a fresh dozen "organic" free range eggs in the fridge that I hope can be used after tomorrow night and indeed the rest of his career at Collingwood.

Last edited by watt price tully on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Crocker adds mongrel, and I think we'll need that, especially with two young debutants on field.

For similar reasons wouldn't be surprised to see Mihocek as a late change.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

Carl converted at 75% - they will not do that very often during the season.

They also concede 70 I50's, and would have been roundly spanked if RICH had converted better I50.

The score board flattered them greatly.
I doubt Bolton would be pleased conceding 70 I50's.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:55 pm

oops
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:02 pm

Woods wrote:
Crocker adds mongrel, and I think we'll need that, especially with two young debutants on field.

Mongrel is an insufficient basis to be selected. As long as Crocker doesn't play as his name might suggest Wink

(having said that, I'm glad Weatherly isn't playing - and he is a mongrel)

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:29 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Woods wrote:

Mongrel is an insufficient basis to be selected. As long as Crocker doesn't play as his name might suggest Wink

I'd say that in chosing between Crocker and Brown mongrel is a prerequisite for selection if you plan on imposing a high stoppage, congested game style against the Hawks.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:03 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Carl converted at 75% - they will not do that very often during the season.

They also concede 70 I50's, and would have been roundly spanked if RICH had converted better I50.

The score board flattered them greatly.
I doubt Bolton would be pleased conceding 70 I50's.

I'm fully aware of all of that. It was the bottom-ish team from last year playing the premiers. Equipped themselves as well as could be expected, having lost Gibbs over pre season and Kennedy early in the game, and later Kreuzer. I'm simply saying they looked more organised in ball movement and were exciting to watch in comparison to what we've fished out the past few seasons.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Interesting use of "exciting", RH - I generally find it much more "exciting" watching Carlton play when they're going sideways and backwards, mostly can't get their hands on the ball and trail by about 108 points. Wink
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Interesting use of "exciting", RH - I generally find it much more "exciting" watching Carlton play when they're going sideways and backwards, mostly can't get their hands on the ball and trail by about 108 points. Wink

+1 Unfortunately the Silvertails look like they are going to be in town this year.
Hope we bring a good brand of footy when we play them!
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Woods wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Woods wrote:

I'd say that in chosing between Crocker and Brown mongrel is a prerequisite for selection if you plan on imposing a high stoppage, congested game style against the Hawks.

Yes, yes. However Brown gets the ball and Crocker (so far) gets where the ball ain't (to borrow from captain Blood - Jack Dyer not Errol Flynn)

I still wish him well though. If he kicks a few then we have a chance tomorrow night but I wouldn't depend on him.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:58 pm

VFL practice match this pm v Box Hill:

Fasolo was a cut above when the ball was delivered. He was class & kicked a beauty from the boundary line against the wind & allowing for the wind if you get my drift (excuse the pun) from about 40 mtrs out.

This occurred when Scharenberg too a run from deept in their back line, took an incerpt mark, played on along a wing, gave off & received a handball to & from mayne & kicked well to the Faz. This was in the last qtr against the wind & helped get us in front in a fine last last qtr against Box Hill this afternoon.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Rumour has it that Wells re injured his calf. Can anyone confirm?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:24 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Rumour has it that Wells re injured his calf. Can anyone confirm?

No mention of it in Walshs post VFL practice game interview. Said they took him off after 2 quarters for a graduated comeback.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-03-23/magpies-hawks-vfl-practice-match-2018

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12   

Jump to: