Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Hawks - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:29 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from Herald Sun today:
COLLINGWOOD
INJURY LIST

Out — Jamie Elliott (ankle)

Out — Daniel Wells (Achilles soreness)

Out — Jordan De Goey (hamstring)

Out — Levi Greenwood (knee)

Out — Tyson Goldsack (ACL)

Out — James Aish (calf)

In doubt — Alex Fasolo (shoulder)

CHRIS CAVANAGH SAYS: Disaster for Collingwood, with so many best-22 players set to miss a Round 1 clash against Hawthorn. Most of them, outside of Goldsack, should be back soon but the list leaves some gaping holes to fill.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:04 pm

This is their injury list.

Grant Birchall PCL 12-14 weeks

Jonathan Ceglar Back 4 weeks

Will Langford Hand 3-4 weeks

Tim O'Brien Hamstring Available

Jonathan O'Rourke Hamstring 2 weeks

Cyril Rioli Managed Test

Liam Shiels Hamstring Available

There's a total of 111 (avg of 6 a club) players on all AFL team lists at present.

So our injury list is pretty much average for the AFL, there's a few sides with 9 injured and Brisbane have the least (2).

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Enjoy. I can’t make it. Not a bad thing - last time we played them round one and couldn’t win, I couldn’t make it, and we won! Cheers for me
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:24 am

Can't get a leave pass from the missus to attend the game either so will have the game on record. Hawthorn injuries cancel out our injuries and even if Rioli plays, he won't be a threat with the time he's had out of the game. Should be an even game with not much in it at the end. Waiting for team selection before making further comment.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Fwd line is my concern, if Sinclair's as quick as they say n good over head, ld open up the fwd line with him n Cox in the goal square, Sins to lead out n Cox to stay put for the long kick tt the square one out
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 pm

^
Sinclair? Perhaps you meant Stephenson? (but both are/were speedsters so not a bad analogy)

The Bureau has dropped its first 7 day weather outlook for next Saturday. They are sometimes a bit wobbly this far out, but at the mo it looks like this.

Melbourne area
Max 29
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers.
Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h.

Hopefully the wind might correct some wayward kicking for goal by the Pies.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:56 pm

Yes mate ya right Stevenson , touch of old timers me thinks😁
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:37 pm

The cunning ole qldmagpie67 says to the war office "hey love why don't you take off to the Gold Coast next weekend and see the son save him driving up and you can do some shopping while your there"
She says oh that would be nice
Leaves me home free with the media room all to myself the beer fridge full the wine cabinet ready and no one to annoy me
Who says you don't get smarter as you get older.

I don't like having so many best 22 players either certain to miss or going in under done.
I would stick with the players who have been on the training track showing effort and learning the game plan (I'm assuming we have one)
The Hawks 6 forwards will mostly be mid range height wise so our back 6 may look different than it would under normal circumstances.
I cringe at the fact injuries and lack of preparation may see us forced to play Langdon as this gives the Hawks a avenue to goal that offers little resistance.
Hopefully the other 5 can cover for his inability to control his man. Clarkson will isolate him in defence and his man will become the go to option. We either have to play our loss man next to him to control his man or move him out of harms way if he gets isolated by Clarkson.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Agree gld but to be fair his last couple of games weren't bad last yr, hope he's learned , but not holding my breath, n if Broomhead plays then l just about give up, ....smart move with the mrs,
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

I cringe at the fact injuries and lack of preparation may see us forced to play Langdon as this gives the Hawks a avenue to goal that offers little resistance.
Hopefully the other 5 can cover for his inability to control his man. Clarkson will isolate him in defence and his man will become the go to option. We either have to play our loss man next to him to control his man or move him out of harms way if he gets isolated by Clarkson.

Wow QM67, you've really got it in for Langdon....you make him sound almost as bad as Sidey. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, a lot of people overlook the fact that Langdon has had his career to date dogged by injuries. Given a good run of injury free football, he can be not just good, but a great player for us. He reads the ball in the air as good as anyone, is a great mark and an excellent decision-maker. He'd be in my best 22 every single week.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:43 pm

^
Yes, and for a backline that will become known to history as 'The Interceptors' Langdon is one of the first picks in the Pies' best 22.

He took a bag full of intercept marks in the JLT games. Langdon's on field performance gives the appearance of being languid, but is actually laudable.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Wow QM67, you've really got it in for Langdon....you make him sound almost as bad as Sidey. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, a lot of people overlook the fact that Langdon has had his career to date dogged by injuries. Given a good run of injury free football, he can be not just good, but a great player for us. He reads the ball in the air as good as anyone, is a great mark and an excellent decision-maker. He'd be in my best 22 every single week.

Rude other than the injury in 2016 that killed that year and half of 2017 that's been it on the injury front.
He's a ordinary kick under any sort of pressure (which is what the backline is under most of the time) and he doesn't read the game that well at all. If you watched the last game he played he went up 4 deep for a mark which resulted in the ball spilling to ground and a snapped goal to the Bulldogs. He got lost getting to far off his man who run deep and got a over the back easy goal strolling into a open square. Right before 1/4 time he murdered a kick 15m straight to a bulldog who then gave it to Bont who goaled after the siren.
All this was in the 1st term were they kicked 6-1 and he was solely responsible for 3 of those goals
To say he's anything but a spare parts player is just plain wrong IMO.
His 2017 form was nothing short of diabolical (with the exception of maybe 2 games) he cost the team 2 games by his own poor play and played a large part in 2 other losses. Remember his game against the Dee's (by memory) 11 touches for 7 turnovers ? Against Port the 2 games he played he gave up 6 goals in 2 games to his direct opponent and another 4 goals his opponent gave off.
Rude I respect your opinion but this time we will have to agree to disagree
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:17 pm

You only have to put up with him for about 250 more games, qld.

It's extraordinary how the Match Committee rushes him into the team without any chance to recover from injury and how they play him when he's carrying injuries. Personally, I don't understand why they do with that Langdon and Pendlebury.

Oh, wait ....
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:49 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
You only have to put up with him for about 250 more games, qld.

It's extraordinary how the Match Committee rushes him into the team without any chance to recover from injury and how they play him when he's carrying injuries. Personally, I don't understand why they do with that Langdon and Pendlebury.

Oh, wait ....

Rush him into the team without any chance of recovery ? Well after 7 months off injured and 4 games in the VFL when the seniors were struck down by injuries I would hardly call that no time to recover and being rushed back really
Never let the truth get in the way of agood story ole mate
I'm glad you didn't mention those 250 more game would be played in the Wangaratta 3rds 😱😱
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 am

Woods wrote:

The Bureau has dropped its first 7 day weather outlook for next Saturday. They are sometimes a bit wobbly this far out, but at the mo it looks like this.

Melbourne area
Max 29
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers.
Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h.

Hopefully the wind might correct some wayward kicking for goal by the Pies.

Might be some wild weather to kick off the season The Bureau has now added thunderstorms to the mix.

Melbourne area
Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers. The risk of thunderstorms later in the day. Winds northerly 25 to 35 km/h.

Hope big Cox doesn't get zapped by lightning.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: