Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Hawks - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I cringe at the fact injuries and lack of preparation may see us forced to play Langdon as this gives the Hawks a avenue to goal that offers little resistance.
Hopefully the other 5 can cover for his inability to control his man. Clarkson will isolate him in defence and his man will become the go to option. We either have to play our loss man next to him to control his man or move him out of harms way if he gets isolated by Clarkson.

Wow QM67, you've really got it in for Langdon....you make him sound almost as bad as Sidey. Rolling Eyes

Seriously, a lot of people overlook the fact that Langdon has had his career to date dogged by injuries. Given a good run of injury free football, he can be not just good, but a great player for us. He reads the ball in the air as good as anyone, is a great mark and an excellent decision-maker. He'd be in my best 22 every single week.

Rude other than the injury in 2016 that killed that year and half of 2017 that's been it on the injury front.
He's a ordinary kick under any sort of pressure (which is what the backline is under most of the time) and he doesn't read the game that well at all. If you watched the last game he played he went up 4 deep for a mark which resulted in the ball spilling to ground and a snapped goal to the Bulldogs. He got lost getting to far off his man who run deep and got a over the back easy goal strolling into a open square. Right before 1/4 time he murdered a kick 15m straight to a bulldog who then gave it to Bont who goaled after the siren.
All this was in the 1st term were they kicked 6-1 and he was solely responsible for 3 of those goals
To say he's anything but a spare parts player is just plain wrong IMO.
His 2017 form was nothing short of diabolical (with the exception of maybe 2 games) he cost the team 2 games by his own poor play and played a large part in 2 other losses. Remember his game against the Dee's (by memory) 11 touches for 7 turnovers ? Against Port the 2 games he played he gave up 6 goals in 2 games to his direct opponent and another 4 goals his opponent gave off.
Rude I respect your opinion but this time we will have to agree to disagree

NAH!! Wrong on this occasion Qld. Langdon,when he get's into the groove of a regular player will be one of the most dominant backmen in the comp. Marks as good as anyone and yes,his kicking let's him down ,but it's endemic to the club,men and Women.He's easily in my best 22,no matter who comes back.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
No Birchill & no Goldsack = nil all.
No Rioli = makes me happy

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/birchall-to-miss-half-the-afl-season-langford-in-for-surgery-20180316-p4z4ro.html

Go pies.

No Elliott and Fas makes me unhappy.
By the way, barnaby joice also claims that Vicki is low paid, or maybe that the baby is not his.

Damn it. Looks like Rioli is playing. 😕

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:37 pm

Has not rained all year and the 1st Weekend of Footy is Bloody Forecast to be Wet
Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:16 pm

6 players i will be watching with interest and hopefully all are in the 22. Cox Daicos Thomas Stephenson Brown Murray. Cox is a different kettle of Fish and am backing him to get over 40 this year. The other 5 guys all possess good skill and pace and if we want to move forward this year then these are the 5 guys that need to replace Phillips Blair Smith Aish etc.

Its not a bad bottom 6 players to have in a 22

I see a lot of Wellingham in Thomas, Wellingham before he left Collingwood. Probaly the most underated player on the 2010 list.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:27 pm

I hope Bucks persists with them like he did Aish Phillips Blair and smith last year.

It was that persistence with these 4 culprits that cost us many games.

Phillips running ability is not that valuable as he cant tackle
Aish is not Hard or Fast enough
Blair is Hard but not good enough
And Smith, well what is Smiths biggest asset? Does he have one?

I was at the last game against Melbourne, and dont see any reason why Daicos and Brown shouldnt hold their spot

Last edited by Number 35 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 pm

Brown will play, as his JLT form was very good. Daicos still needs to get more of the pill at VFL level to force his way into the team. Murray and Stephenson will be our two debutants.
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:11 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Has not rained all year and the 1st Weekend of Footy is Bloody Forecast to be Wet

Well, this means Cox will not be effective at all. Time for plan B, if we have one.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:44 pm

Jesus .... you doomsdayers are really starting to piss me off!

Seriously! There's been so much $$%^%%$ bitching and moaning on here its a joke!

There's a medium chance of a bit of drizzle... do you not think the big fella has ever seen rain before? Do you think, with his intensive training and amazing ability to learn, that he can't grab the pill if it's wet? ... that his shots on goal will be drastically reduced in their accuracy coz he's never seen wind or rain before Rolling Eyes

AAAARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Dave The Man wrote:

Wow... who would of thought it was a WINTER sport Rolling Eyes

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:59 am

It's round 1 and everyone is equal. I reckon this game is the pick of the round. Both teams have question marks over them. Pies are talking about defence and the Hawks are talking about scoring more goals. I have put money on a draw. It's round 1 and neither team has set the world on fire. It's wait and see.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Buckley confirms that Stephenson and Murray will play on Saturday night.

Quote:
COLLINGWOOD will unleash two debutants in Jaidyn Stephenson and Sam Murray for Saturday nights clash against Hawthorn at the MCG.

Magpies coach Nathan Buckley confirmed to reporters on Tuesday that Stephenson and Murray would be picked for the clubs Round 1 clash.

Stephenson Collingwoods first pick in last years draft has impressed with his explosiveness across the pre-season, while Murray the Pies sole trade acquisition from Sydney has stood out with his drive from half-back.

Both of those boys will play, Buckley said.

Jaidyns had a really strong pre-season. Hes hit the ground running for us and shown us a lot of his strengths coming into the program. We think hes earned his opportunity.

Murray really hit the ground running against the Bulldogs last week, hes got really strong dash off the half-back line. We think he can add something to us.

The Pies will be without a host of key names for the clash against the Hawks, including Jamie Elliott (ankle) and Levi Greenwood (knee). Daniel Wells and Alex Fasolo will play for the clubs VFL side.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-early-mail-round-1-richmond-to-be-without-four-premiership-stars-for-carlton-clash/news-story/e6841429d8251a66fb87baf75f37952b?nk=cc2a26e48518862cac04d18caffdc31c-1521515174

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Buckley also said "we like stoppages". So Blair is in.

buckley.png

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Last time Buckley debuted multiple players in round 1 against Hawthorn, they included Paine and Yagmoor.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Last time Buckley debuted multiple players in round 1 against Hawthorn, they included Paine and Yagmoor.

Stephenson and Murray are 10 times the players Paine and Yagmoor were.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:52 pm
Post subject: Stephenson and Murray to Debut RD 1 vs HawksReply with quote

Great to see these 2 Debut in RD 1. Both Deserve it.

Just hope it goes better then last time we played Hawks in RD 1 and we Debuted Yagmoor and Paine

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12   

Jump to: