Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The media attack set to begin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:20 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

69 years a MAGPIE wrote:
Fagan 22 games 22.73% wins
Bolton 49 games 36.73% wins
Richardson 89 games 37.64% wins
B Scott 171 games 50.88% wins
Worsfold 308 games 51.30% wins
Goodwin 23 games 52.17% wins
Clarkson 281 games 62.28% wins
Lyon 242 games 61.16% wins
C Scott 153 games 73.86% wins
Hinkley 109 games 56.88% wins
Simpson 88 games 63.07% wins
Cameron 88 games 54.55% wins
Beveridge 66 games 60.61% wins
Pyke 44 games 74.59% wins
Longmire 154 games 70.13% wins

Buckley sits ok really.

Most coaches take over sides at there lowest ebb, when the previous coach has been sacked and when wins are hard to find in the first few years.

Buckley took over a strong list and the wins were easy to come by early on.

Fast forward 6 years and that win/loss percentage has fallen season upon season and if you isolate the last 4 years when the influence of the Malthouse era has faded away to nothing his strike rate is around the 40% mark and in Tony Shaw territory.

If you want to compare Buckley with anyone then it should be C.Scott who has a win/loss percentage of 73, 1 flag and whose side has only missed finals once since 2011.

I never rated Hardwick but he took over a side in 2010 that had finished 16th in 2007, 9th in 2008 and 15th in 2009 with 5 wins so it was in vastly different circumstances so perhaps I was being a little unkind to him.

His Richmond record:

Season 2010 6 wins 15th
Season 2011 8 wins 12th
Season 2012 10 wins 12th
Season 2013 15 wins 5th
Season 2014 12 wins 8th
Season 2015 13 wins 5th

Season 2016 8 wins 13th
Season 2017 15 wins 3rd eventual Premiers

So his side never missed more than 3 consecutive final series and once again this stat has proved very reliable when it comes to pointers of coaches who remain viable as potential premiership winning material.

The stats show only a single coach in Mick Malthouse out of the last 15 coaches to win the flag have missed more than 3 consecutive seasons of finals prior to winning their first premiership.

Mick Malthouse missed 4 finals series at the Bulldogs prior to the era of the top 8 so the odds for Buckley are slim already but a glimmer of hope remains.

Fail to make the top 8 again in 2018 though and I contend his chances are Buckley's and none.

partypie 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:09 am

inxs88 wrote:
Slobbo is simply jealous that Gerard has usurped him at SEN and Nathan has given 360 the bird and hooked up with Gerard on SEN

Exactimondo- and he pretty much admitted the first part on AFL 360
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:52 am

Skids wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:

Snip:

Stop deluding yourself - Its relevance is the same as of one coach, club and system as compared to any other number of coaches, clubs or systems inc your local under 12's team i.e zero, nada, нуль

It's going to be a very long year....

Good to see you bringing your usual positive vibe to the board duck boy .... if it's gunna be so bad, why don't you **** off and hibernate for a coupla of years? Rolling Eyes

Pretty hard to be positive Skids when we're in one of our lowest eras in the clubs history and the coach got rubber stamped for another two years because the President can't admit he was wrong - and then the coach comes out in the media and says - we ain't changing nothing, we believe in our system.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:44 am

Skids wrote:

Snip:

Stop deluding yourself - Its relevance is the same as of one coach, club and system as compared to any other number of coaches, clubs or systems inc your local under 12's team i.e zero, nada, нуль

Good to see you bringing your usual positive vibe to the board duck boy .... if it's gunna be so bad, why don't you **** off and hibernate for a coupla of years? Rolling Eyes

Pretty hard to be positive Skids when we're in one of our lowest eras in the clubs history and the coach got rubber stamped for another two years because the President can't admit he was wrong - and then the coach comes out in the media and says - we ain't changing nothing, we believe in our system.

Wolfie, Skid hates messengers of the truth.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:16 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
I'm just surprised this pisshead still has a job. He's a complete phuckwit.

That is precisely why he retains his position.

I didn’t think Buckley drank?
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:46 am

masoncox wrote:
Skids wrote:

Snip:

Wolfie, Skid hates messengers of the truth.

Before the season starts.... ? Messengers of truth?

Please, you're just negative nellies salivating for a loss.
A couple of thinly veiled trolls, who, I can't believe, the mods haven't woken up to.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:00 am

I was watching the mangrook footy show last night. And the boots were out for collingwood. Derek Kickett said that a few players at collingwood were pissed off at Buckley being reappointed. There is enough background noise to be of concern. My opinion is that Buckley still has the respect of most players but I don't think they love him.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:14 am

masoncox wrote:
I was watching the mangrook footy show last night. And the boots were out for collingwood. Derek Kickett said that a few players at collingwood were pissed off at Buckley being reappointed. There is enough background noise to be of concern. My opinion is that Buckley still has the respect of most players but I don't think they love him.

I wonder who his sources were ? Perhaps he rang Scotty Russell to ask if hed seen that ball Kickett lost one day in 1990.....

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:45 am

Mugwump wrote:
masoncox wrote:

I wonder who his sources were ? Perhaps he rang Scotty Russell to ask if hed seen that ball Kickett lost one day in 1990.....

The point is Mugwump that there are multiple sources in the media who claim that things are a little bit off at Collingwood. One family member of mine works in the media and he has told me certain things that he has heard. The thing that concerns me more than the constant rumors are that nearly every media commentator don't rate us at all. Up to collingwood to change the conversation by winning!
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 am

There is always someone who doesn't like someone else in a workplace.

Will always be those that like use back door tactics to undermine others rather than confront the issue.

Media must be spewing that the DeGoey incident happened way before the season started rather than this week. Poor buggers have had to report on positive stuff rather than drama and click bait.

Anyway, will wait and see how we go in the first few rounds.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:38 am

I had lunch yesterday with a friend, very well entrenched in the inner sanctum at Collingwood, and he reckons that a breath of fresh air has swept through the club since the departure of Pert. He reported that the club hasn't been this healthy and stable in years and that the spirit around the club is terrific.

Fwiw, he also said that Derek Hines rates Cox as the club's most important recruit over the past 10 years.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:50 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I had lunch yesterday with a friend, very well entrenched in the inner sanctum at Collingwood, and he reckons that a breath of fresh air has swept through the club since the departure of Pert. He reported that the club hasn't been this healthy and stable in years and that the spirit around the club is terrific.

Fwiw, he also said that Derek Hines rates Cox as the club's most important recruit over the past 10 years.

Which poses the question, if Robbo was told that kind of info, would he most likely report it ?
In fairness, there would have been no room left after the six back pages he dedicated to Degoeys indiscretion.

These days journos and sport reporters are collectively nothing more than ambulance chasers and shock jocks in their own right.
You can only report the facts one way and that leaves nothing left but opinion based commentary and the more inflammatory, the more traction it gains.

Having said that, you don’t have to be a sport journo to know this shapes as a defining year for the club and it’s coach. But can we at least all save our judgement until we have played half a season or so.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Yes Rudeboy mason cox could be a game changer like what paul salmon did years ago.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:19 pm

masoncox wrote:

Isn't he still waiting to be picked for the 1993 GF? Wink

www.facebook/the hybernators
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:47 pm

slobbo is a dead beat and a parasite who has been stealing oxygen for years from the good people of the world. I hope he chokes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4   

Jump to: