Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The media attack set to begin

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
I wonder who his sources were ? Perhaps he rang Scotty Russell to ask if hed seen that ball Kickett lost one day in 1990.....

Seems it was a turning point in the 1990 final series, which gave us the belief we could go all the way that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsQ6FW_bXmA

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:45 am

That was one of the greatest moments of my football-watching life. Scotty Russell had just about the best hand/eye coordination of any player, ever. He darted in like a pied cormorant to get that ball. He did the same thing early in the following season against Jon Dorotich at the MCG, so it was no fluke.

As for belief, I don't know what it did for the players but it certainly made me get ahead of myself watching it in the stands.

It was the equivalent of watching Leon Davis repeatedly outplay Nick Revolting in the air and on the ground one-on-one in 2011 (but Scotty's effort had a slightly better ending).
npalm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:54 am

Thanks for the link Jezza. That's made my day.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:55 am

Why shouldn't there be pressure?

Win games and it will take the heat off, pure and simple.

I absolutely f***en hate this bloke as much as anyone but if it isn't Robbo it will be Ralph, Caro Smith or whoever.

I'll say it again, win some games and we won't be having this conversation but if we are 0-6 or to be honest lose to Carlton in round 3 then it will be on, and so it should be. Enough is enough, put up or piss off.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:16 am

Jezza wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
I wonder who his sources were ? Perhaps he rang Scotty Russell to ask if hed seen that ball Kickett lost one day in 1990.....

Seems it was a turning point in the 1990 final series, which gave us the belief we could go all the way that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsQ6FW_bXmA

I was behind the goal at the Ponsford end that day, watching Scott Russell careering into our empty forward line and just screaming at him to kick it. Time seemed to freeze : if he’d missed, then all the doubts would creep back in, and the dream might still die ; but the ball drew a perfect, parabolic arc from Scotty’s boot to where I was sitting, and I knew we had broken them. If there is such a thing as a football orgasm, I have had one.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:26 am

masoncox wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
masoncox wrote:
I was watching the mangrook footy show last night. And the boots were out for collingwood. Derek Kickett said that a few players at collingwood were pissed off at Buckley being reappointed. There is enough background noise to be of concern. My opinion is that Buckley still has the respect of most players but I don't think they love him.

The point is Mugwump that there are multiple sources in the media who claim that things are a little bit off at Collingwood. One family member of mine works in the media and he has told me certain things that he has heard. The thing that concerns me more than the constant rumors are that nearly every media commentator don't rate us at all. Up to collingwood to change the conversation by winning!

Sure, but in truth the media are very often wrong. We’ll soon start to see, I guess. Shortly all that matters will become known.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 pm

ronrat wrote:
Bloody simple. Cancel all sunscriptions to the Hun and don't buy it. Don't watch any show this fat slob is on. Don't listen. Soon enough he will be given the lemonade and sars. When cancelling make sure you let it be known to them why.

Rrrh Mark can we have a word?

Yes boss.

Close the door.

Look the distribiution people are going spare. 15000 cancellations this month and most citing your anti Collingwood stance , most un justified. The Advertisers are worried as well.

But boss it is what the readers want.

No it isn't. They want to know some facts. You are repetetive, boring really.
Sorry, but you have failed to boost our redership. We are letting you go.

But boss the other sides hate Collingwood.

They hate Essendon too but your are too busy licking anus at Essendon to see it. You have 48 hours to clear out your desk, hand back your mobile now thanks. You can write one more article to show the world you can be objective. Good luck

TRUE, Robbo despises the Magpies, his hatred of us is well known, gimme a break. lol. FWIW also, I have not bought the HUN in over ten years, face it, all newspapers are nearly dead and gone now, nobody buys the daily paper anymore, except old foks who cant use computers. Today its all about social media, like Twiter, facebook etc, newspapers are screwed now, on the way out the door, and good riddance too. Razz Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:30 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
That was one of the greatest moments of my football-watching life. Scotty Russell had just about the best hand/eye coordination of any player, ever. He darted in like a pied cormorant to get that ball. He did the same thing early in the following season against Jon Dorotich at the MCG, so it was no fluke.

As for belief, I don't know what it did for the players but it certainly made me get ahead of myself watching it in the stands.

It was the equivalent of watching Leon Davis repeatedly outplay Nick Revolting in the air and on the ground one-on-one in 2011 (but Scotty's effort had a slightly better ending).

That wasn't the last time Dorotich was caught with his pants down
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:43 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

That wasn't the last time Dorotich was caught with his pants down

One of the great offbeat stories of all time.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:15 am

WarrenerraW wrote:
slobbo is a dead beat and a parasite who has been stealing oxygen for years from the good people of the world. I hope he chokes.

Or someone chokes him...

K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:33 am

Jezza wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
... Perhaps he rang Scotty Russell to ask if hed seen that ball Kickett lost one day in 1990.....

Seems it was a turning point in the 1990 final series, which gave us the belief we could go all the way that year. ...

Hmmm... Others may claim Peter Sumich's kick somewhat earlier in that series was the turning point.

Perhaps the truth is that, with or without such moments, the team was destined to win the flag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   

Jump to: