Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Player names on jumpers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
And 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:16 pm
Post subject: Player names on jumpersReply with quote

I have spent no time this preseason following any list changes, new recruits, number changes, new hairstyles or who is playing in what position.

Five games into round 1 and I am already getting tired of looking at the record to try and cram the numbers and names of all the players into my memory and my memory is not like it used to be.

Any good reason why we haven't put the players names on the back of the jumpers?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:44 pm
Post subject: Re: Player names on jumpersReply with quote

And wrote:
I have spent no time this preseason following any list changes, new recruits, number changes, new hairstyles or who is playing in what position.

Five games into round 1 and I am already getting tired of looking at the record to try and cram the numbers and names of all the players into my memory and my memory is not like it used to be.

Any good reason why we haven't put the players names on the back of the jumpers?

Because it looks ugly, it’s not our tradition and it’s American. I’d prefer to live with a few weeks of learning.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Waste of money putting the names of most of these clowns on jumpers because they’ll be at Coburg next year.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:54 pm

Mugwump wrote:
And wrote:

Because it looks ugly, it’s not our tradition and it’s American. I’d prefer to live with a few weeks of learning.

Because they won't let us put Dopey, sloppy, lazy, dumb, bereft, stupid and moron on the jumpers.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:38 am

It was tested in round 5 2014, and most people didn't like it so the AFL didn't adopt it on a permanent basis.

As it was, you could barely see the players names so it became pointless in a way.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:39 am

It's not a an American thing. It's on every soccer shirt worldwide. I'm for it, TBH.
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:47 am

Mugwump wrote:
And wrote:

Yeah, this.

K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:36 am

No thanks. Numbers only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: