Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The dark stain of the succession cannot be erased by rubbing

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:37 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I should add that Leigh Matthews was thrown into the senior coaching job in his first year of assistant coaching by one of the wisest men you would ever have the pleasure of knowing, in Bobby Rose and it didn't hurt Matthew's career.

After just three games as an assistant too. So fresh.
Bob Rose was and is everything Collingwood should be. Can anyone imagine the humility and grace required to do such a thing? I doubt it...not in this Club full of over-blown egos.

ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:21 am

K wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
PS: Buckley did offer to allow MM to continue to coach but Hierarchy said no.

Really??? Please elaborate!

I can't be specific as to the source, but it's impeccable.
And reinforces that Bucks was not the arrogant, and ambitious usurper that so many believe.
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:27 am

doriswilgus wrote:
There's an interesting article in today's Guardian,about where our future stands in regards to Carlton,and how they've rebuilt their side so much more successfully than we have.It makes for depressing reading,but it'd hard to argue with anything the writer said here.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/mar/26/afl-history-repeats-for-collingwood-but-season-has-a-long-way-to-go

How many coaches and players have been turned over before they have finally got their act together.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:20 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
K wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

And reinforces that Bucks was not the arrogant, and ambitious usurper that so many believe.

And "Hierarchy" means Eddie and maybe Pert, does it?
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:12 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
K wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

He's very bad at politics. Even at the time, everyone said he was on a hiding to nothing taking the role once we'd saluted in 2010 - for obvious reasons. He needed to let Malty coach us out of the 8 and announce the rebuild as he took over. None of this fart-arsing around on the way to the well. At the least, he could have gotten 3 more years' worth of apprenticeship.

If he didn't offer to back out of the deal then it was a case perhaps of his ambition outranking his judgement. This I can understand as he was being offered a premiership team with a shot or two left in it. If he did offer to back out of the deal and was held to it, then that's a whole different case of something else because then you've got the club holding Buckley and Malthouse to deals that neither of them wanted.

Not to disrespect you or your source, TPM but that last scenario just doesn't add up. I don't see why the club would do this
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Geek wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:
K wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

He's very bad at politics. Even at the time, everyone said he was on a hiding to nothing taking the role once we'd saluted in 2010 - for obvious reasons. He needed to let Malty coach us out of the 8 and announce the rebuild as he took over. None of this fart-arsing around on the way to the well. At the least, he could have gotten 3 more years' worth of apprenticeship.

If he didn't offer to back out of the deal then it was a case perhaps of his ambition outranking his judgement. This I can understand as he was being offered a premiership team with a shot or two left in it. If he did offer to back out of the deal and was held to it, then that's a whole different case of something else because then you've got the club holding Buckley and Malthouse to deals that neither of them wanted.

Not to disrespect you or your source, TPM but that last scenario j
ust doesn't add up. I don't see why the club would do this

I didnt say Buckley wanted to back out of the deal - just for MM to continue to coach ie delay the transition. I think MM would have also been happy with that.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:38 pm

Doc63 wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
I'll have Mick back in a heartbeat....and Butters....hell, I'd be prepared to give Shawy another crack. I just want to see someone else in the coaches box. Bux just looks sad and miserable and depressed all the time. The mood of the coach is felt through the performance of the team. Look at Clarko, always up and about, yelling and screaming, being emotional, giving instruction, at least he looks proactive.

I'd take Murray Weideman and Ern Clark back at the moment!

Whoa there!!!!!

lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 pm

ThePieMind wrote:
K wrote:
ThePieMind wrote:

Maybe, but he still usurped him.
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:57 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I should add that Leigh Matthews was thrown into the senior coaching job in his first year of assistant coaching by one of the wisest men you would ever have the pleasure of knowing, in Bobby Rose and it didn't hurt Matthew's career.

Our club kind of got lucky with Leigh. Throwing him straight in was not the original intention. It was an act of desperation in a crisis.

And then was then. Now is now. I wonder whether Leigh's own experience persuaded him and thus the Bears that the Voss debacle would work. Will Voss ever get another chance? Does he hope he will, or is he happy permanently plugging away at the assistant level? Many interesting questions...
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:07 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Only 58,000 for the first game against Hawthorn.It looks like the Collingwood army have given up even before the season started.I wonder why?

Probably half that this week and if ,as is suggested we get Blair and Broomhead back, we lose by 15 goals and the season is gone and the crowds at Collingwood would be happy days to get over 20,000.When you get exalted Nicksters such as Cam talking like this ,then it is a fair indication that the majority are glum and have all but surrendered another season 1 game in.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:27 pm

mudlark wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
Only 58,000 for the first game against Hawthorn.It looks like the Collingwood army have given up even before the season started.I wonder why?

Probably half that this week and if ,as is suggested we get Blair and Broomhead back, we lose by 15 goals and the season is gone and the crowds at Collingwood would be happy days to get over 20,000.When you get exalted Nicksters such as Cam talking like this ,then it is a fair indication that the majority are glum and have all but surrendered another season 1 game in.

It's not over till the fat lady sings, so whatever happens this weekend, doesn't affect our prospects this year, unless we lose all confidence in ourselves and chuck it all in. That won't happen while Buckley is our coach.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:10 pm

I'm tipping Treloar for BOG and WHE to kick 4 goals. Cool
K 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:29 pm

^ Okay, but if they do that, will we win?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:52 pm

K wrote:

Confused Confused
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:59 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
K wrote:

Confused Confused

No but we’ll keep their margin under 40 points. This year is going to see the results of one of the most blatant pieces of rule-twisting for commercial gain I have ever witnessed. All of the other clubs are now competing with a draft colossus.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: