Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire Debate v2.0

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
35%
 35%  [ 35 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
65%
 65%  [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 100

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm
Post subject: ChangeReply with quote

Our last five years have been clear enough evidence that change and a new fresh leadership team is desperately needed. We have become stale and underachieving. Anyone who can’t see that is either naively biased and suffers from misguided loyalty syndrome. Very common in Australian politics and business. Our Club is bigger than one or more egos and personal power ambitions. Team first ! Team before self! Whatever happened to those concepts? Like Ted Parker had Laurie Holden speak to him, I think Bucks should have a word to Ed and ask him to step aside. Personally I think Ed has been a good President and of course he has my support and vote, but the Football is a business and we need a new vision.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace Ed with who???
What about the drovers dog!
Apologies to Bill Hayden.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:52 pm
Post subject: AnswerReply with quote

Bronwyn Bishop
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 pm
Post subject: Re: AnswerReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
Bronwyn Bishop

I think steve smith might be looking for a new gig shortly.
Maybe Dave Warner could be thrown in as the steak knives.
Need a little cheating this season I reckon.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:43 pm

Didn't Sydney go 0-6 last year and still made the preliminary final, so I don't think it's so simple to say Buckley should go after 6 games if we can't win more than one game in that time. Better to see where we are at the half way mark and then assess.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:19 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Didn't Sydney go 0-6 last year and still made the preliminary final, so I don't think it's so simple to say Buckley should go after 6 games if we can't win more than one game in that time. Better to see where we are at the half way mark and then assess.

No no no.

We are in this mess because of false hope. Just because one team in the history of AFL went 0-6 and then made the finals is not reason enough. Statistics overwhelmingly prove that going 0-6 will mean missing finals.

Eddie sold us on another two years based on the Tigers winning after finishing 14th the year before. We are clinging to hope rather than facing the facts and putting in place a plan to succeed.

We live in fantasy land.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:21 pm

I'm sick to death of Kim jong ed and all his bullshit; his lies and failure to be accountable to others; acting as though he is above and beyond anyone and everyone else. He's nothing but a self serving egoist and megalomaniac; a narcissist with a delusional sense of grandeur, hell bent on clinging to power for as long as possible. Jobs for mates and sycophants only. The king of spin. We need to finally wake up to this clown and take back our great club. Enough is enough.

Everything post 2011 has been a disaster and it's all happened on his watch. He won't let go until Buckley proves himself as a coach but we all know that ain't gonna happen any time soon. This guy cannot accept when he is wrong. The review was a charade. Crowds are down because people have had enough. They're turning their backs on the club and not coming back. The Holden centre is sterile and soulless. We need new blood and a fresh perspective. We're a corporate brand. Don't give me that working class side by side mantra bullshit. We're a joke. The laughing stock of the league. Why can everyone in the footballing community see the truth except us.

If there's anyway we as a community can somehow work to orchestrate a change of president and coach then I'm all for it. We must be able to do something.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:35 pm

Sydney have Buddy, Kennedy, Hannerbry, McVeigh, Heeney, Grundy, and more.

We don't.

foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:12 am

We are well on track for our next premiership which is due in ... wait for it ... 2030.

On the way, we may make finals in the twenties and maybe even make a GF in 2022 and 2023.

This is our plan, don't you see?

ronrat 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:17 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Sydney have Buddy, Kennedy, Hannerbry, McVeigh, Heeney, Grundy, and more.

We don't.

We have a Grundy, had a Kennedy, had a Hanneberry last millenium, (2 in fact),

Dr Pie 

Dr Pie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:40 pm

Twenty years is much too long. Eddie was good for the club in his first decade but now he seems to think he IS the club.

I want a President who does not work in the media and is not a former politician. I would also prefer a President who valued ordinary supporters from the suburbs as much as he/she values supporters from the Big End of Town.

A former player who has succeeded in business would be acceptable but not if that business is football related as it creates potential conflicts of interest (so not Craig Kelly)

ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:21 am

We could do with 2 very strong Vice Presidents. One to look after football and other side distractions like media, Netball, academies etc and another purely to look after the membership and the commercial side. If Ed stays trot him out to head the sponsors lunch and maked the odd comment and to represent us on the commission.
Ads7 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:50 pm

I am genuinely interested to know the reason why some Nicksters still think Ed is right for the job (so far 12 have voted he stays in).

I’m not asking because I want to have a go at your opinion. I just genuinely want to know how Ed staying in power will help the Club. I am sure there are some valid points.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Eddie wouldn't be president if it wasn't for his damned kids. He was set to step down after the Carlton loss last year but stayed on as his kids couldn't take off their filthy Collingwood jumpers.

Damn them all!!!

K 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:14 am

Ads7 wrote:
I am genuinely interested to know the reason why some Nicksters still think Ed is right for the job (so far 12 have voted he stays in).

I’m not asking because I want to have a go at your opinion. I just genuinely want to know how Ed staying in power will help the Club. I am sure there are some valid points.

I have been waiting (im)patiently for a dozen responses to this.
[The 24-hr mark has now been passed...]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8   

Jump to: