Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The President Eddie McGuire Debate v2.0

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do I still want E McGuire as President of my football club?
Yes - still the best person for the job
35%
 35%  [ 35 ]
No - has run his race and we need fresh ideas
65%
 65%  [ 65 ]
Total Votes : 100

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve been saying for years that Eddie has to go. Glad others now see that too.

Personally, I’d like a president who fights for the club but doesn’t say much publicly. Not a Jeff or Eddie type.

For once I’d like us to stay out of the media, get the club back on track and then get into the media because our footy is doing the talking.

We are no longer a power house.

I’m happy to have an AFLW team, but get rid of all the other BS. Change the logo back to what it was and call us the Collingwood Football Club.

I’d vote for a wet fish before I vote for Eddie.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm

I have been calling for Ed to step down for a number of years, or at very least start talking about succession, none of the above has happened.

I find all this new age football slogans very galling ...Side by side ...etc. does it mean... no one have a differing opinion on the club? side by side to what exactly, the players? the board? other fans?....anyway i digress.

The saddest element i feel, is that no one has stood up and said....i am the one to take over from Ed, here are my ideas..... I am going to mount a board challenge, let takes this club forward with a new team (board level) and a fresh outlook.

K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:26 pm

derkd, the last part ("the saddest element..") is not entirely true, it seems.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 pm

Brenny wrote:
I’ve been saying for years that Eddie has to go. Glad others now see that too.

Personally, I’d like a president who fights for the club but doesn’t say much publicly. Not a Jeff or Eddie type.

For once I’d like us to stay out of the media, get the club back on track and then get into the media because our footy is doing the talking.

We are no longer a power house.

I’m happy to have an AFLW team, but get rid of all the other BS. Change the logo back to what it was and call us the Collingwood Football Club.

I’d vote for a wet fish before I vote for Eddie.

I agree, the one thing i will say is at least Jeff got the runs on the board with regards to premierships. His (Jeff) return to Hawthorn will be a mistake i think he could have walked away as the president who took the club to three flags and i think they will just middle along now...but that is for history to decide.

Last edited by derkd on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 pm

New age football slogan? You're aware that Side By Side is literally in our club song, and the mantra by which we as a club live, right? We stand together as one. Pretty obvious I would have thought.
derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
New age football slogan? You're aware that Side By Side is literally in our club song, and the mantra by which we as a club live, right? We stand together as one. Pretty obvious I would have thought.

yes but it has not been used as a catch cry slogan till the last few years. yes i am aware it is in the song. But to my point...we don't stand together as "one" we all have different views on how the club should be run....about the only unifying fact is everyone loves the players that run out in the jumper and play the game... and even that point is mute...some players are loved others are called out for a poor game from week to week. About the only place that standing side by side might work is North Korea and that is because no one has a choice Very Happy.

derkd 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:40 pm

K wrote:
derkd, the last part ("the saddest element..") is not entirely true, it seems.

how so,my friend?

K 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:42 pm

RH, I think some (many?) supporters feel that the club's marketing department has hijacked something that belonged to and meant something to them and cheapened it for commercial purposes.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Let me make this clear so make no mistake, Eddie has betrayed the supporters past and present by putting his and other individuals agendas before the best interests of the club that we all love. Be rest assured this will the year that breaks the camels back - because we have now reached a point where it is impossible under the current regime to be anything but less than sub standard

I'm appalled that this once great club, has become the play thing of a few self serving individuals. It's up to us to change that, or the status quo will continue unabated.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:50 pm

To be honest, until the 'marketing' department actually did something with the whole SISE BY SIDE thing about ten or so years ago, that is, explicitly use it and create a logo for it, I can't remember too many instances where the mantra was used so prominently, so I must give props for thee club bringing it to the forefront. I also applaud the use of FOREVER with the current wave of 'marketing'. These are good decisions the club has made IMHO.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:01 pm

They'd be about the only ones.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:02 pm

I never liked the 'side by side' slogan. I felt it became too weaponised and used by some supporters to characterise those who were critical of the club, whether it be on field or issues behind the scenes.

Much prefer the 'forever' slogan we've adopted now.

BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:19 pm

Jezza wrote:
I never liked the 'side by side' slogan. I felt it became too weaponised and used by some supporters to characterise those who were critical of the club, whether it be on field or issues behind the scenes.

Much prefer the 'forever' slogan we've adopted now.

Nothing wrong with the 'side by side' slogan but Eddie uses it to justify his actions and ego and revs up the supporters as well.

As a club we all march 'side by side' but at some point you have to take a step or two forward to progress the club.

Last 3-4 years, we haven't and continue our movement side by side.

Side by Side movement eventually leads to a step or two backwards and that's where we find ourselves today.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:33 pm

I’ve always liked Side by Side. I think it is a great slogan to have. I don’t remember the 90’s, but for me this is the most divided the club and supporters have been in recent memory.

You still have the club plants who think nobody can do any wrong. You only need to read the Collingwood fb page after a loss. Although, whilst I agree there needs to be changes, there are some who put their thoughts across in the worst way possible.

I don’t think Side by Side is a good thing to use at the moment, but hopefully in the future it can return. I’m not a fan of forever and I don’t know what it means or stands for, other than a word in our song. I looked at it and went meh, this means nothing to me.

K 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Ads7 wrote:
I am genuinely interested to know the reason why some Nicksters still think Ed is right for the job (so far 12 have voted he stays in).

I’m not asking because I want to have a go at your opinion. I just genuinely want to know how Ed staying in power will help the Club. I am sure there are some valid points.

Still silence. But I recall seeing 1 or 1.5 reasons expressed (sometimes implicitly) previously...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: