Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Giants - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Sure we made some errors and comments on how we have slipped over the years

Just watched Dogs for second week and if they serve up that tripe their slip
was much faster

Yes, nice to find some joy in the footy ATM!

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:39 am

bally12 wrote:
Quote:
There is no problem with his technique at kicking the football. The problem is his lack of consistency with his disposal which is substandard for the elite player he should be. As above Licuria fixed up his kicking and I'm expecting Adams to do the same in time.

Sorry, I can't let this one go, because it's a poignant reflection of what is wrong wih our footy club.

Adams has a horrid kicking action. There's no disputing that. His technique is the sole reason he's such a bad kick. We've gone into the technical aspects on this forum before.

The more important question is why his technique hasn't improved, remembering that he had Buckley as coach when he was a 16yo.

It's no use bemoaning our skills in the press conferences when Tay is the perfect example of our skills problem, and Buckley has had Tay under his tutelage from a young age. Has Buckley ever accepted Tay has a bad technique? If not, that there explains our predicament: a coach who has no idea how to identify let alone teach skill improvemnt,

Is Tay's technique so ingrained in his system, that it was decided he can't change? Possibly. I disagree if that's the case, but it would be good if the club was transparent on this. Too pivate and embarrassing to discuss Tay's kicking publicly? Maybe.
What if our kicking skills are a major reason we are on the bottom (which it is)? Don't the members and supporters deserve some transparency into what they are doing about it? Are they scared for being shown up as amateurs? Do they even have a clue?

Also, as a starting midfielder in an AFL team , you'd think that he'd have a left foot right? Nope, apparently not needed at Collingwood.

Please don't think I'm picking on Tay. Tay's other attributes as a footballer are fantastic and can't be questioned.
I obviously blame the coaches..Buckley in particular. Buckley needs to take full responsibility for all facets of coaching. If he doesn't motivate, doesn't teach skills, then what does he do exactly? Teach players where to position themselves? I must admit we did look more organised defensively yesterday, and we did have a red-hot dip. Credit where cedit is due.

Does Buckley overcoach and confuse players? Do our players look confused, mechanical, lack flair, and are tentative in going forward? I think so.
Overall, I think the body of evidence is there to conclude we should have pulled the pin on Buckley last year. I'll still support the team, especially when the boys give their all like they did yesterday.
Anhyway, the ball butchering can be quite comical at times...can't complain we don't get our money's worth for the overall entertainment.

We just have to disagree on this one then. The best player I've watched for ball drop in training is McLarty but when you watch McLarty in actual games his kicks don't do much. Maybe what I call technique I should be calling effectiveness. I've seen Adams plenty of times deliver the ball lace up to a teammate and honestly don't see what the problem is. To me it's a concentration thing or a decision making thing. Players with a perceived kicking short fall don't get pick up at number 13 in the national draft as Adams was. The players with real kicking problems get picked up as rookies, which is where we picked up Toovey and Jack Frost.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Kingy on Collingwood

I thought they were awesome on the weekend. If it wasn't for some sheer individual brilliance from GWS they would have beaten 14 other sides.

📻 1116 AM
📱 SEN App
💻 https://t.co/2SYBp2vOZO

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:14 pm

[Deleted - wrong thread]
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:51 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Kingy on Collingwood

I thought they were awesome on the weekend. If it wasn't for some sheer individual brilliance from GWS they would have beaten 14 other sides.

📻 1116 AM
📱 SEN App

14 other sides hummm

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:56 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Okay.... thanks for those responses to my question about how to improve on a perceived weakness in a player.

Unfortunately Damien I wouldn't have the front to approach Paul Licuria with such a question, even if I knew how to get in contact with him.

Appreciated your reply Pies 2016. Yeah, I remember those couple of exceptional games from Adams last year and could hardly believe how effective was his disposal by foot. You mentioned how important confidence and a good start in a game can be. Makes absolute sense to me.

So, it seems that when Bucks is criticized for not developing players, no-one really knows what he should be doing, but isn't . Except Raw Hammer suggested that players should be left to thoroughly learn one particular role/position before they are switched around to play in another, which I also thought made sense.

You shouldn’t have to ask Paul Licuria PyreneesPie. People supposedly
With more footy knowledge than you and I should. You have a guy doing stuff at the club who would probably be flattered to be asked to do some one on one with him on the side. In fact the club seems to have had an abundance of ex-champs floating around over the years who they could tap into but never choose to.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:34 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Kingy on Collingwood

📻 1116 AM
📱 SEN App

and Our Disgusting Ball Use

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:54 pm

I think Piesnchess has got the money. We are putting a group on the park from the spare parts and experimental machinery bin each week (a bit of an exaggeration true, but you get the drift) Hard to see the coach has to take all the responsibility for that. Most of the time as much talent + experience (if not more) in the medical room than playing. Unfortunately, I agree also about the coach's fate. I doubt that Nathan Buckley will ever have a Collingwood TEAM in the meaningful sense to coach. I hope I'm wrong but the facts and the immediate future prospects are not promising. Nevertheless, the boys are having a crack and had MC clunked say 5 of those 12 we may not have beaten Hawthorn but the flat panic ensuing here might have been avoided. And Hawthorn are not a jaded team.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:22 pm

^^^

Hawks ( and Tigers ) are easily the best drilled team structure wise going around.
Hawks don’t look much on paper but they punch above their weight.
Nothing compensates for losing against them but they are going to beat a number of teams who are better than us.
The Mitchell, OMeara trades will prove to be a master stroke. Two young genuine inside players who give you first use and then they just trust their structures to hold up when they don’t have the ball ( unless of course they get ten or so injuries )
We just played into their hands like we always do.
Achilles 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Begs the question, why haven’t we learnt from the best? What are they practicing?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Hawks smashing Geelong. Looking a top 8, even 4, team right now.
ROB 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:50 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

Just watching the game - we actually did pretty good last week when you watch the Hawks in full flight. And if we kicked 13 - 9 instead of 9 - 13 we would only have been 14 points in arrears at the final siren..not dissimilar to what the outcome of the current game looks like being.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:57 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

So maybe good coaching does make a difference?! I just say that because quite a few of us on here were thinking the Hawks needed to do a fair rebuild.

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:15 pm

True talent needs leadership.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:26 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

A 1 point win.

Makes our round one loss not so bad. We'll beat the Hawks next time and we'll smash Geelong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17   

Jump to: