Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Injury and illness

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Murphy is the most likely one to fill a similar role although expecting him to take many intercept marks may be premature. He certainly has talent but been sidelined with that ankle. Schazza coming back in July would be awesome.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:56 pm

swoop42 wrote:
With all due respect you are making some big claims about Langdon and need to provide further information to back it up otherwise it sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

I don't recall any media reporting that the club "hesitated in re-signing him mainly on the basis of his chronic knee" or that "it scared Sydney away as well after they received the report".

His chronic knee didn't stop him being one of our very best during the final series so I find the notion that the club would have formed that view implausible while Sydney seemed very keen on securing Langdon's services throughout the period he was making his decision.

Swoop in May/June last year Ned Guy did a interview on SEN and was quizzed at length about our players off contract one by one as we had many (16 by memory)
When it got to Langdon he said the club was waiting to see how he completed the season given his chronic knee issues he had suffered previously
That's not a uncommon event in professional sport they also held off re-signing Scharenberg until he had played about a dozen games in a row without showing effects of his previous knee injury

Harley from Sydney didn't say exactly it was his knee but said after reviewing all the information provided they decided he didn't fit into there plans
Now reading between the lines information provided is medical reports etc
Why would a club take on a player with a chronic knee ?
Sydney interviewed him gave him a medial but didn't make him a contract offer. Harley made that very clear in the press
He and all our defenders played well during the finals and that ultimately gained him a new deal with the club
If you look at the way the events unfolded during the season and post season last year he was the last player to be re-signed. Now whether that be his knee or for whatever reason it was what it was
We never allowed other players to go interview at other clubs we signed them as soon as we could (as it appears from the outside)
I don't wish him any injury or bad luck at all mate and actually find it quite offensive you would believe I would
I'm not a Langdon fan that's known never made a secret of it but I'm only using my own judgement and opinion based on my knowledge of the inside workings of a professional sporting organisation
Also which I hadn't mentioned earlier I find it weird the club hasn't issues any information other than seeking further information from medical people
To me that's club speak for its serious but we don't know how serious at the moment for whatever reason like swelling etc
Our club doesn't have a good track record of being honest or reliable when it comes to injury updates and we all have at times speculated about the injuries to versus players not just Langdon
We can agree to disagree on the exact points as many are unknown I'm only forming my opinion on my previous experiences is all mate
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:25 pm

Nine News just now —De Goey will not play and speculation has Wells playing
first AFL game in 12 months

And Buddy will play

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm

No strings attached: Elliott won't change his game

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/no-strings-attached-elliott-won-t-change-his-game-20190523-p51qcn.html

'"When you think about a hamstring, sometimes it's not just a hamstring," he said. "It could come from anywhere. That's the hard thing. Last year, we didn't know where it was coming from."

They still don't.

"When I look back, it's a bit hazy," he said.

He says is not not unduly concerned about his latest twinge. It's lower in the muscle than last year's grouping. It stemmed from a seemingly innocent knock to the glute while playing Brisbane.

"I'm really sensitive to my body and how I'm moving, so I felt like that threw me out," he said. He's been told it's more like a runner's one-off injury than part of a chronic pattern.'
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:02 pm

After the AFL team has been named:
(VFL coming later tonight or early tomorrow)

Presti35 wrote:
COLLINGWOOD

Taylor Adams - Groin (TEST) Unavailable

Mason Cox - Ankle (TEST) Unavailable

Darcy Moore - Ankle (TEST) Unavailable

Jordan De Goey - Shin (TEST) Unavailable

Flynn Appleby - Ankle (TEST) Watch for VFL Team

Max Lynch - Concussion (TEST) Watch for VFL Team

Tom Langdon - Knee (TBC) Unavailable

Tyler Brown - Shoulder (1 Week)

Nathan Murphy - Ankle (1 Week)

Jamie Elliott - Hamstring (2-3 Weeks)

Matt Scharenberg - Knee (4 Weeks) Talk that he's almost ready now

Lynden Dunn - Knee (Season)

Adams, Cox, Moore, de Goey should all be a chance to come in next week Vs Fremantle. Varcoe should come straight back in too. So there's probably not a big chance that the club will make 5 changes next week. Which tells me Adams will be rested at least a week longer.

In the VFL, we'll watch for Lynch and Applebys inclusions this week, with T Brown and Murphy possible to return next week.

We've had a lot of guys returning in the last week or two. And we have 8 more that will be tests next week. Shocked 8!

Still waiting for an official word on Langdon. No news is good news I suppose, but I dont think it's a good sign we're still waiting for a timeline.

It's actually possible that we could be down to 3 or 4 listed injuries next week. (Langdon, Elliott, 'Berg & Dunn). And one at the Bye (Dunn). Thats best case obviously. Just pray we dont lose anyone else in the AFL/VFL this weekend.... or any weekend really.

4everpies 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:35 pm

^^
Appelby & Murphy have both "hit a road block in their recoveries" according to the Geoff Walsh injury report this week.
Appelby 2-3 weeks
Murphy 3-4 weeks
(as per the injury list in the injury update video)
Also Shazza available for VFL this week.
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:43 pm

4everpies wrote:
^^
Appelby & Murphy have both "hit a road block in their recoveries" according to the Geoff Walsh injury report this week.

The sad thing is that this is no surprise to any of us.
4everpies 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:51 pm

^^
Syndesmosis injuries. Why is every ankle injury a syndesmosis, doesn't anyone just roll their ankle anymore?
K 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:30 pm

"Sports that involve high intensity twisting and cutting maneuvers or those with limited mobility ... have the highest incidence of this injury. ...

The most commonly reported mechanism of a syndesmosis injury involves a forced external rotation of the foot on the tibia. This may occur when the athlete rapidly pivots internally off a foot that is planted in external rotation. Less common mechanisms reported in the literature involve hyper-dorsiflexion of the ankle, which occurs when an individual falls forward over the planted foot; inversion of the ankle with a planar-flexed foot and internal rotation of the foot and ankle complex..."

http://sportsmap.com.au/not-to-be-missed-part-2-the-syndesmosis-complex/

http://www.southfloridasportsmedicine.com/high-ankle-sprain.html
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:45 pm

Every year there seems to be more injuries impacting AFL players. It’s simply part and parcel of this game.

Who knows, one day we might actually stop bemoaning the injuries and start being thankful for the players who are available. .... Nah
K 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:06 am

Maybe it'd be better to have a 17-round H&A season. Of course TV bosses would never allow it.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:45 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
I haven't seen a lot made of this, but Scharenberg is returning to the VFL this week. Fantastic and surprisingly early news Very Happy

He could become an important senior player if things go well for him, especially if Langdon's issue is more serious than we'd hope.

Scharenberg is right on schedule as it was set out according to the club
VFL this week for a couple weeks then a rest then possibly one or 2 more games in VFL then straight into the seniors for the last 4/5 games before the finals
Scharenberg gives us some real class in defence (if his body holds up and we all pray it does) he is a class act

Wow, I was delighted by the news that Schazz is available for selection Very Happy
Fantastic dedication by him to get back, maybe a little ahead of the time expected, given the injury reports always seem to say just a few weeks more.
Now for the nervous interlude of seeing how he returns to the game. I wish him all the luck in the world after what he's been through. However, I keep in mind that luck in footy seems to be random. Sad Footy gods please be kind, just for once!!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:03 pm

Great news for the Berg best of luck

www.facebook/the hybernators
eureka 

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Fearing the worst for Langdon injuried for the remainder of the season please prove me wrong please
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Cox injury much more serious than we were led to believe
JDG injury...much more serious......
Moore injury.......

there is a clear pattern here

Langdon....wont be surprised if he misses 2019.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 39 of 96   

Jump to: