Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Grundy our best player?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't waste a player of Tommy's class in the ruck, though, E - he might get hurt.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 am

Saw a little news snippet of Grundy last night during the after game, while nodding off. Perhaps I was dreaming but they mentioned something about Adelaide and I got the impression from his response that he's very likely to move on. Wondering if anyone else caught it or is this old news?
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:58 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
Saw a little news snippet of Grundy last night during the after game, while nodding off. Perhaps I was dreaming but they mentioned something about Adelaide and I got the impression from his response that he's very likely to move on. Wondering if anyone else caught it or is this old news?

He was asked about the pull of going home. He just said that with all his family there he would like to live in Adelaide at some stage - doesn't mean that "some stage" means while he is still playing.

I think he will sign a 7 year deal with us. As far as I'm concerned, its worth risking that he's body will be knackered for the last 2.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 11:59 am

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:

He was asked about the pull of going home. He just said that with all his family there he would like to live in Adelaide at some stage - doesn't mean that "some stage" means while he is still playing.

I think he will sign a 7 year deal with us. As far as I'm concerned, its worth risking that he's body will be knackered for the last 2.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 pm

^ Fair enough, cheers. I'm actually ambivalent to any player moves these days, it's just the way it is. After Daisy, Shawry, Beams and Clokey, nothing surprises anymore.. easier to emotionally disconnect Sad
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Nah - the question now is whether he is Collingwood's best player in living memory.
E 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:13 pm

he was really quite special today wasn't he.

Sidey, Pendles and Grundy really are just three wonderful football players. Hope we can win one with this group.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Nah - the question now is whether he is Collingwood's best player in living memory.

imo I'd have to say no, based on what I've said before about his lack of being a 'real' forward threat presence. Hopefully he grows into that more, he's young, if he does - I dare say he'd be close to the best player of all time.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:19 pm

He's just turned 25. Ablett kicked his first hundred 6 years further into his career.

wpt rightly noted a little while back that Brodie's marking wasn't quite as good as other parts of his game. He has been getting better at that, too, this season.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:20 pm

YES
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-brodie-grundy-the-leagues-mvp-so-far-this-year-says-leigh-matthews/news-story/8c12977057b67f762cd0ef82dcac6644
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:05 pm

50 hitouts, 17 kicks (only Sidebottom had as many for us today), 8 handballs, 8 marks (3 contested - more than any other Collingwood player), 4 tackles, 6 clearances, 2 goals, 237 missed scragging free kicks that should have been paid to him.

He now occupies the 6 top "most hitouts per game" positions for Collingwood and holds 15 of the top 16 efforts for the 'pies. No other Collingwood ruckman has ever had 50 hitouts. He's done so 6 times.

His 552 hitouts makes this already the 7th most hitouts ever recorded in a season by a Collingwood ruckman. He has at least 7 games in hand on every one of the 6 rucking seasons ahead of his 2019. All things being equal, he will move his 2019 into 4th spot next game or the game after.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:44 am

According to the AFL site, Brodie now has 595 hitouts for the season, after another 44 tonight (there seems to be a discrepancy of one between the AFL and the other stats site I refer to but I guess it doesn't much matter). 595 hitouts makes this now the 4th most hitouts ever recorded in a season by a Collingwood ruckman. The only Collingwood ruckmen with better season hitout totals (even though BG has only played 14 games, so far, of 2019) are Darren Jolly, once, and Brodie Grundy. He'll probably make up the top 3 on his own after 2 more games.

As for his 44 this game, it was one hitout less than the 45 required to make it into the all-time Collingwood hitouts per game top 20.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:56 pm

Without Grundy we would not be in the Top 8
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:25 am

Brodie’s 2019 hitouts tally of 744 for the season so far is now second all-time for Collingwood (behind only his 2018). He is also averaging 21 disposals per game (6th most for us), has 238 contested possessions (just 3 behind Treloar and 57 ahead of third-placed Pendles) and has just gone past 100 clearances for the season (second for us, just 3 clearances behind Treloar). He is averaging nearly a mark per game more this year than last. He is second for us this year for tackles (behind Treloar and ahead of Pendles and Brown, who are equal 3rd).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: