Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies smash Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Crisp was great I thought. One of our best.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:19 am

Scum have a FAR worse list than us, as todays VFL annihilation showed conclusively !!

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:33 am

ANNODAM wrote:
Any day is a good day to beat the Scum, especially at Easter time.
Happy Orthodox Easter for those that celebrate it folks!

Cheers, ANNODAM.

Happy Easter to all Orthodox Christians.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:30 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Crisp was great I thought. One of our best.

Yep, I reckon Crisp is often a barometer of our performances. He was awful until we kicked our 1st goal, from then on was definitely one of our best. I think he's underrated.

Last edited by Piethagoras' Theorem on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 am

MagpieBat wrote:

LOVE IT!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:25 am

^ Who is that standing next to #9?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:11 am

"A weeks a long time on football". Interesting ins and outs this week after the VFL's performance. A win is a win is a win.
ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:52 am

K wrote:
foreigner wrote:
If the players can feel that the coach is proud of them, at least when they win that is a big step in the right direction. I don't think his being too honest and critical all the time in public helps the team morale much. ...

In what ways do you think he has been too honest in public?
I think he seemed more grumpy (by his standards --- not anything on the MM scale) with the journalists than with the players, actually.

Agree - some really ordinary questions asking him to state the obvious. The last one was a real howler and Bucks took the journalist to task basically in his response which pretty much ended the conference....

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 pm

I must say, I had the pleasure of walking behind some Carlton supporters after the game on Friday. Boy, were they carrying on.

A young family.

My brother, who suffers from aspergers, innocently said to me "Go Pies" and it was replied to with threats and intimidation by the father.

It wasnt a loud "Go Pies". It wasnt an attempt to upset anyone. He's just said it to me without realising there's idiots about.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:33 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Well folks isn't it a great feeling to give the scum a touch up
There is no better feeling for mine in the home and away season
I didn't get to watch the game love as the wife insisted on me taking her out for her birthday and not checking scores on the phone. Being a good husband I've learned over the past 28yrs it's better to do as I'm told than try thinking for myself. Foxtel IQ is the second greatest invention ever behind beer
I got home after taking the beloved to dinner and we walked into the house and she says ok you've been a good boy go watch your footy so I kissed her and raced to the media room (via the fridge grabbing a couple corona's) and jumped into the recoiling rocker ready
After the first 10 minutes I felt like taking the wife out again for dinner even inviting the mother in law as it seemed the less painful option
Langdon didn't fail to disappoint letting Garlett just kick the 2nd of the game sheppardiing a Collingwood player off the ball who was trying to get to him. Then to add to his goal assists (for the oppostion) he kicked it to a unmarked Kruezer who proceeded to kick it straight back in resulting in there 3rd.
The corona's at this stage didn't seem strong enough so pause and a quick run to the liquor cabinet for something stronger seemed appropriate (hello scotch)
Unpause.
To temper my enjoyment I have to keep thinking we played Carlton and they are horrible but you can only beat what's in front of you.
The next 50 minutes was like a breath of fresh air. It was everything we read and saw in preseason. We took the game on and run carried and harassed them at every opportunity.
The second half as Buckley said in his pressed wasn't great we seemed to go through the motions but still we won and won easy even allowing for a couple junk time goals.
Overall you can never be upset winning any game as they say 4 points is 4 points
Some thoughts.
Sidey was great again tonight but I thought his first 1/4 wasn't as good as many seem. Half of his touches (8 to be precise were soft hand ball give and goes mostly in a negative way) (15 touches for 49 meters gained isn't a great return) but his next 3/4 were stellar. He's inventive around goal and when he was used in the forward line we looked a far more organised and dangerous side. He just has it on a string at the moment. Hi work around the ground was its usual high standard. If anyone still thinks he couldn't be a 40+ goal kicking small forward by only playing 40-50% of gsme time forward is kidding themselves. He's close to our smartest player around goal.Jon Ralph has him getting anywhere from 10 weeks for a early plea to a death sentence if he fights it. I think at absolute worse he gets a week but really should be a fine and warning didn't seem to cause much damage but we've seen the league get harsh on the sling tackle when the players arms are pinned. Hopefully they give him the fine it would be a horrible decision to have his chances of a high Brownlow finish ended in round 3 for that tackle.
Grundy just grows as a player each week. Tonight again proved his the barometer of our fortunes. When he's dominate we play well and look a decent side when he's off even slightly we look less dangerous. Giving us first use of making sure there isn't quick clearances saves our defence. Around the ground and when we're coming from defence he is so dangerous giving us that big target and he plays like a massive body midfielder. I had him as our best player tonight slightly ahead of Sidey just because his work makes sidey's work easier.
Thomas grew in stature tonight showing he can kick goals. That adds to his value in the team. Players like him JDG Varcoe are important because they will get the less talented small defender and need to capitalise on that and punish them on the scoreboard
Murray was great tonight he run great lines supporting his team mates breaking lines and using his leg speed to advantage and taking the game on at all times. I will always forgive a player a error being attacking before I would for playing around and turning it over trying to go backwards or sideways. So far in 3 games he's shown improvement each game hopefully he continues that track.
There was hardly a bad player for us from after the 10 minute mark. Thought most of the players all contributed in a good team win.
Really happy to see Scharenberg Aish continue there improvement. Trelaor and Adams were better tonight thought Trelaor at FF was a good move he still has that burst speed off the mark making him dangerous. Liked Mayanrd and his hard head at it. He's the bull we need around the contest with Adams giving Pendles Sidey Trelaor Murray the chance to use it well
16-4 was a good return in 2 bursts of 7-3 then 9-1 we made the most of our chances
We look good when we play the game on our terms. No one can fault the effort from the guys the last 2 weeks. We've got w couple tough opponents coming up but if we bring our best we are in every game
I'm a happy pie tonight and things can only get better when you think we still have JDG Wells Elliott Faz Moore all ready to return in the coming weeks
If we keep showing the effort like last week and tonight we are at a minimum a hard team to beat and if your slightly off we will beat you
Go the pies

I'm just watching the replay, now. The first three goals were directly attributable to Murray, Maynard and Cox - on the first, Murray was outrun (!!!) to the marking contest by the Ankleless One; the second was a handling error (in between the two, Langdon mopped up after two other defensive howlers from what passes for our "backline", each of which could have led to goals); the third came from a stupid Dunn free kick to Casboult that arose after Kreuzer monstered Cox three times in a minute when Cox was allegedly giving Brodie a chop-out in the ruck. On that third goal, by the way, Kreuzer was by no means "unmarked" when the ball was kicked - Langdon kicked it to Cox but Kreuzer just got in front of Cox and marked uncontested - because the 7' tall one couldn't stay in the contest. Feel free to watch again and tell me why you disagree.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Presti35 wrote:
My brother, who suffers from aspergers, innocently said to me "Go Pies" and it was replied to with threats and intimidation by the father.

How did you respond to that?
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:51 pm

With kind words.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Highlights ~
A win over the enemy and a silence to their supporters until next time. Player rotation. Maybe the new coaches are having a impact?

Murray : his line breaking, ball carrying runs and defensive efforts. We have one here. Will be our next cult player. Anyone know who initially spec'd him? Hine? Whomever did it may well have delivered a master stroke.
Thomas : 5 goals on the road to redemption. Thumbs up to the club managing him through the past 2 years.
Offensive ball carrying pace into the forward 50 by Varcoe / WHE / Treloar. I suspect Varcoe only going at 75% though, might be a match fitness issue.
Aish - he's turned the corner. If he continues with the same work rate, in another 50 games he'll be firmly in our top 5. A natural footballer. Plenty of posters are going to eat some humble pie here.
Scharenberg - ditto. Can't wait to see what this kid delivers with 50 games under his belt. Will be a different player by years end.

The knock ~
Not putting a rabble of a side to the sword.

On field ~
Rucks ~
Grundy : Collingwoods rudder.
Adams : the Collingwood cattle-dog. Works all day. Not a match winner but endeavour and leadership telling.

Forwards ~
We're not bombing it in. We're carrying the ball through the lines and seeking true targets. The difference? -
Treloar : delivers offensive, line breaking class. Keep him forward of centre.
Thomas : a natural footballer with stoppage grunt.
WHE : smooth as a gravy sandwich.
Reid : at 3 goals a serviceable game, although up against Weitering, whom I suspect sleeps with the light on. Reids lack of physicality is his knock. His style of play is more suited as our lead out player whereby Cox is the player to play from the square and crash the pack.
Cox : serviceable and still learning. Unlucky not to get a few frees out front, particularly the one against Weirering that went against us in the 1st and Jones in the 2nd.

Backs ~
Crisp : has lack of a right foot, and not much better on the right handball front is his Achilles. This often leads to turnovers from the ineffective disposal. Has a role down there though.
Maynard : a great physical specimen but at 50+ games is lacking football nous and stage presence. Really need to get some effective coaching into this kid.
He has a proclivity to play behind, getting caught in defensive scragging with a propensity to give away frees.
Another example is as a defensive player, he doesn't make enough defensive shepherds assisting players into space. If you want an example of to the 17 minute mark of the 4th. Murray takes off, links up with Pendles. Maynard is in the direct area, but completely oblivious to a player running onto Pendles, which he could have easily blocked, but lacked awareness. Admittedly he did attempt to block another player running towards Pendles but it was the wrong one.
He needs to play in front and take the game on. That's where you see a noticeable difference between he and Murray. I rarely see Maynard charging out of defence, breaking lines or putting himself in a position to demand the ball through related efforts. If he added that to his game he elevates himself to a headache for opposition coaches. Suspect a run in the 2's isn't far away, his opening 3 games have lacked anything close to his peak output.
Howe, Dunn and Langdon combined well enough with Crisp and Scharenberg. Did their job.

Mids
Clearly using more effective handball into space. Pendles, Murray, Brown and Aish move the ball sharply and cleanly.
Browns reaction time to feed out handballs is noticeable.
Sidebottom : if he plays to that caliber against the top 8 sides he'll elevate himself as an A grader and All Australian contention.
Phillips : was OK but would like to see more effective possessions as he gets more games under his belt.
Stephenson needs a rest. Will be a player though.

Next week ~
De Goey and Elliott will likely return.
Stephenson needs a rest and Crocker doesn't offer the goal output to secure a regular forward berth.[/b]

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:56 pm

Presti35 wrote:
I must say, I had the pleasure of walking behind some Carlton supporters after the game on Friday. Boy, were they carrying on.

A young family.

It wasnt a loud "Go Pies". It wasnt an attempt to upset anyone. He's just said it to me without realising there's idiots about.

Feral's they are but I guess sucking for all pretty much this Millennium have made the Sour.

Should of told a Security Person and get them Kicked Out

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Presti35 wrote:

A young family.

Feral's they are but I guess sucking for all pretty much this Millennium have made the Sour.

Should of told a Security Person and get them Kicked Out

The game was over amd they were leaving so involving a security person to throw them out was pointless.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8   

Jump to: