Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
De Goey is ready based on what I saw today in the VFL and is an upgrade on what Stepenson offers right now. (kid will be a gun but needs time)

Crocker hasn't done anything wrong and has been close to our best forward, but Billy is an upgrade and Cal brown is a better option as a defensive forward so he stays and barry goes back.

Varcoe for fas is a hard one. Varcoe didn't have a great game but did have 3 goal assists. . I'm also wary of making 3 changes after a win.

Considering Faz has been able to get plenty of miles in his legs over pre season, I'd just bring in De Goey for Stephenson and Fas for Crocker, give Varcoe another week and Billy another week in the VFL so we can unleash him on ANZAC Day.

Pretty much my thinking too.

Varcoe stays as he can fill the Phillips role when Elliot comes back on Anzac Day.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Crows off a 6 day break, no Matt crouch already and hopefully a couple of others join him after saints game. We have a chance in this. Would be a huge win and really get us going. Go Pies!

Both Crouch brothers will be missing and they were 1 and 3 for Adelaide in average disposals last year.

Brodie Smith is another classy ball winner they'll be without and he has good history against us averaging 23 disposals per game.

If de Goey returns our midfield depth will be bolstered again and this is where we can win the game.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:41 pm

I think we'll see the two changes for this game:

in: De Goey (a must, surely), Fasolo
out: Crocker, Stephenson

Not because we won against the Blues but because Elliott is probably not quite ready. If you have better players out of the team you bring them in, doesn't matter how well we went the previous week.

Stephenson did well the first two rounds but had little impact against the Blues. His selection though will depend on where the club feels he is physically than on one down game, as this is expected of a first year player.

Crocker had two pretty good games and one fair one. Could keep his spot, but any of De Goey, Elliott or Fasolo are far superior players.

Others to be considered: Brown and Varcoe. Brown had his best game against the Blues, but he is still slight and too easily pushed off the ball. This could be a problem against the physically mature Crows. Varcoe's not getting enough of it, but his pressure has been good. I expect against the Crows the latter is more important and he'll hold his spot.

Pressure and run will be essential against the Crows, so the likes of Phillips will surely be playing as will Varcoe. In this, I'd prefer Stephenson over Brown, but will depend on where he's at physically.

Number 35 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:18 pm

Out : Stephenson Crocker Phillips

In : DeGoey Fasolo Elliot

how can you say no to that?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Fasolo looked a bit out of condition to me and his tackling pressure is never strong. I think there will be no more than 2 changes, with De Goey and Elliott coming in to replace Stephenson and an unlucky Crocker.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Kicking goals will always be the best form of forward pressure and Fasolo knows how to do that well enough.
BHPIE 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Out Phillips, langdon
In Elliot , Degs
K 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:38 pm

How much game time did Faz, Jamie & Jordy play?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
We actually aren't that challenged for speed and run and carry.

Murray is quick. Manyard isn't slow, WHE and Treloar are very quick, Stephenson is damn quick but needs a spell. Phillps is one paced too, he just does it all day. Wills is a stoppage beast with a thumping kick. If you want to replace like for like, Wills would replace Adams in the midfield but I can't see that happening.

Fair points, but I think sustained run can be as valuable as burst speed in terms of gaining ground. In any event, no way would I replace Adams. In replay, he was more impactful yesterday than I realized in real time. I still have high hopes for Wills though as I think we lack heavy, bullocking mids.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 pm

I’d be very surprised to see Elliot travel to Adelaide. We need him 100% for a long season.
ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:28 am

2 changes maximum i reckon - Elliott and De Goey in; Stephenson and one other out - can't work out who that would be - who knows, may even drop Cox on that big ground.(although that leaves nil back up ruckman)..or rest Treloar...
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:48 am

Damien wrote:
I’d be very surprised to see Elliot travel to Adelaide. We need him 100% for a long season.

I'd agree with you because he's worth so much to us, so its better to ease him in and be cautious - but bottom line - we need every win we can't get.. and he may be the difference.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:44 pm

I’d normally lean towards going with a maximum of 2 unforced changes, but I think with the trip to Adelaide followed up with 12 day break to Essendon and short break to Richmond we can afford to take a risk of bringing in more talent and worst case we get some AFL game time into them ahead of potentially more winnable games.

We are still getting smacked at centre clearances. Raises the possibility of bringing in bulls Wills and/or Sier as well as De Goey. I’d have Wills well ahead of Sier based on what I’ve seen, but I note Bucks mentioned Sier first.

Out: Stephenson, Crocker (rested), Varcoe, Brown (rested).

In: De Goey, Elliott, Fasolo, Wills

Look to bring Wells in versus Essendon with the four outs available to come in if need be and worst case available to provide fresh legs against Richmond a few days later.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:13 pm

Warning Will Robinson!!!!

Blair was BOG in our 130 demolition of the scum yesterday. Shocked
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:19 pm

^^^ Blair is the obvious inclusion on what I saw. He was breathtakingly good. Made De Goey and Elliott look pedestrian.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16   

Jump to: