Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Magpies v. Crows - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoastPie Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

roar wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Blair was BOG in the VFL and is an in and under midfielder, perhaps replacing Adams. I'd certainly prefer Wills or Sier to come in, but let's not ignore the logic of rewarding Blair for his excellent VFL form. So it's not Bucks who is inept.

Blair wasn't even top 5 on Sunday, let alone BOG.

Round 1 – Northern Blues vs Collingwood, Preston City Oval

Jarryd Blair - Listed in the AFL selected side as the first emergency for the clash with Carlton, Blair put his hand up for a return to the highest level with a dominant performance in the Pies' 130-point demolition of the Northern Blues at the Preston City Oval on Saturday. He won plenty of the ball through the middle of the ground and also hit the scoreboard and was named Collingwood's best player. Stats summary: 28 disposals (82% efficiency), six inside-50s, five tackles

Best - Collingwood: Jarryd Blair, Smith, Mayne, De Goey, Wills, Borthwick
GOALS - Elliott 5, De Goey 4, Fasolo 4, Borthwick 4, Chippendale 2, Mayne 2, Daicos 2, Jarryd Blair 2, Smith, Oxley, McLarty, Jack Blair, Sier, Wellings
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:38 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
No Fasolo cos of defensive pressure. Get stuffed. He won our goal kicking last year with barely 3/4 of a season on the park, and had the yips early season.

No matter who we play forward the ball usually rebounds out pretty quickly, so I'd rather a proven goal kicker than not.

A fit Fasolo and we don't play him.

Laughable.

Hammer I think it's more to do with the expected conditions than fitness or form really
It's expected to rain so marking won't be easy so having a guy who can mark isn't a priority.
The crows Achilles heal is there leg speed. There a big side but quite slow across the ground hence why playing Stephenson and using his speed is a massive advantage to us. The big Adelaide defenders in wet conditions trying to clear the defensive 50 and hesitate for a split second and the pace of Stephenson can catch them out. Conversely he can work his man around a marry dance clearing more room out for Cox to do his thing
We need to cut off there ball movement starting in our attacking 50 then defend the arc between the 50's like no mans business. This is where speed of Phillips Trelaor Sidey Stephenson Crisp JDG Varcoe can really make life hard for the crows.
I'm generally not a big gambler on footy to many unknowns for my liking but when I saw sports bet offering $4.80 for us and a line of -34.5 I couldn't resist have a couple of fiddy's on us under each category. I think the conditions suit us more than them and if they do get over us it won't be by nearly 6 goals.
I'm smelling a upset here in all honestly
Just got this feeling that we can mix n match our forward line around enough to make those big defenders look lost at times with a small forward line
If our midfield can slow there play movement down so our defence can be set and force them to kick it quickly to contests then we will clear it easily

Pies by 9 in a low scoring game
10-12-72 - 9-9-63
Trelaor and Sidey both kick 2 six others 1 each
BOG goes to JDG in a statement comeback game
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:07 am

Has to be low scoring or we wont get up. Crows by 5 goals +
neil Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 am

Suspect final selection will be based on the weather not on who posters on Nicks like/dislike
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:54 am

neil wrote:
Suspect final selection will be based on the weather not on who posters on Nicks like/dislike

No..... Wink

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:11 am

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
No Fasolo cos of defensive pressure. Get stuffed. He won our goal kicking last year with barely 3/4 of a season on the park, and had the yips early season.

No matter who we play forward the ball usually rebounds out pretty quickly, so I'd rather a proven goal kicker than not.

Laughable.

Hammer I think it's more to do with the expected conditions than fitness or form really
It's expected to rain so marking won't be easy so having a guy who can mark isn't a priority.
The crows Achilles heal is there leg speed. There a big side but quite slow across the ground hence why playing Stephenson and using his speed is a massive advantage to us. The big Adelaide defenders in wet conditions trying to clear the defensive 50 and hesitate for a split second and the pace of Stephenson can catch them out. Conversely he can work his man around a marry dance clearing more room out for Cox to do his thing
We need to cut off there ball movement starting in our attacking 50 then defend the arc between the 50's like no mans business. This is where speed of Phillips Trelaor Sidey Stephenson Crisp JDG Varcoe can really make life hard for the crows.
I'm generally not a big gambler on footy to many unknowns for my liking but when I saw sports bet offering $4.80 for us and a line of -34.5 I couldn't resist have a couple of fiddy's on us under each category. I think the conditions suit us more than them and if they do get over us it won't be by nearly 6 goals.
Just got this feeling that we can mix n match our forward line around enough to make those big defenders look lost at times with a small forward line
If our midfield can slow there play movement down so our defence can be set and force them to kick it quickly to contests then we will clear it easily

10-12-72 - 9-9-63

Re: Fasolo, Whiskas Hocking said that he needs to continue to work on his defensive pressure before being selected. His words.

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:20 am

Re: Fasolo, Whiskas Hocking said that he needs to continue to work on his defensive pressure before being selected. His words

So refreshing to see someone on top of this: hate seeing slipped tackles and token efforts further up the ground.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:30 am

I cannot see us getting near the crows. In saying you can get $5 and I am hoping the Crows players back us to win to cover their end of season trip. Razz
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:40 am

I seriously hope it's a wet game and will most likely be so. IF it is and the Crows stick with Walker, Jenkins, Lynch AND Fogarty, we are a big chance.

Given our side and considering the weather, i'd be gobsmacked if Coxy runs out.

MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:44 am

Oh and i suspect JDG will light us up tonight, he OWES his mates and the club big time and for me, i think he'll be BOG for the Pies!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:58 am

MagpieDynasty wrote:
I seriously hope it's a wet game and will most likely be so. IF it is and the Crows stick with Walker, Jenkins, Lynch AND Fogarty, we are a big chance.

Given our side and considering the weather, i'd be gobsmacked if Coxy runs out.
Forecast off BOM

Adelaide area
Partly cloudy. Patchy fog about the hills early this morning. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely during this afternoon and evening. The chance of a squally thunderstorm in the late afternoon or early evening. Winds northerly 15 to 25 km/h turning northwesterly 40 to 55 km/h late morning, before shifting westerly 35 to 50 km/h late afternoon.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:40 am

^^^ means in all likelihood it will be a clear, still night...
ThePieMind 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

Laughable.

10-12-72 - 9-9-63

Re: Fasolo, Whiskas Hocking said that he needs to continue to work on his defensive pressure before being selected. His words.

If FAS is still struggling with last years issues as some here said recently - what would you expect Hocking to say?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:42 pm

I see ,s it but I don’t believe it—-Sun Super Tipping (30 tips) and Slobbo picks us
Robbo —Matthew Guy & Kiss of Death ☠️

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:44 pm

Where do you see s it but he or she don’t believe it—-Sun Super Tipping 30 tips and Slobbo picks us Robbo —Matthew Guy Kiss of Death #9760;#65039;?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: