Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Is Buckley coaching better than we think...?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my doubts but I stuck fat with him all the way. I’d be happier for nobody more than him if we can go all the way.

It’s the one thing that eluded him as a player. The comparisons between him and Hird and Voss inevitably come down to that. If he coaches us to the big one it’ll be something that neither of them can ever match.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:46 am

Coach of the year! Amazing achievement by Bucks to get this team into a Grand Final.

I even had doubts after the first two rounds this year...Shocked

K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:49 am

The question is: what should be changed and what should be kept in the way we play the GF compared with the previous two encounters? There are superficial similarities to what we faced going into the prelim. final: two previous losses, the second closer than the first, with some things maybe working and some not...

WCE play the gamestyle we're supposedly uncomfortable with.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:37 am

Jezza wrote:
Coach of the year! Amazing achievement by Bucks to get this team into a Grand Final.

I even had doubts after the first two rounds this year...Shocked

After losing the first 2 and conceding the first 3 goals to Carlton, I remember thinking what a waste, how am I going to put up with this for another 2 years.
Thinking why bother showing up.

The thought of microwaving my membership seemed appealing at that time. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Great effort by Bucks and the coaching group. Definitely coach of the year, but knowing Bucks, that means little. Winning this week is all that matters.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Tom Phillips (on WCE):

When we played them last time here, they tried to open up the ground a bit, make it pretty big.

“It was a highly transitional game. Not a lot of contests at stoppage. So for us we’re going to try and change that around. We want to make sure it’s a bit of a s*** fight, a dog fight. High stoppage, high contested. They love it in space, with time to work with, so we need to make sure we keep it in close, play to our strengths.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/phillips-says-pies-want-grand-final-s-fight-20180923-p505iz.html
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:29 pm

It’s coming home.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:55 pm

The Stanford story: When Simpson and Buckley went on tour

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-stanford-story-when-simpson-and-buckley-went-on-tour-20180926-p50688.html

"At Stanford, the 10 positional coaches directed areas ranging from wide receiver to running backs to quarter back to outside linebackers and defensive backs, meeting firstly as a group then as either defence or offence and then as small groups specific to their position and role.

These positional coaches not only planned but made decisions on who played with the head coach only asked for his input if the decision wasn't clear.

Inside this program, if a head coach overruled a positional coach on such issues, the move would be considered an undermining one."
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:50 am

Jeremy Howe:

I think we have an appreciation for the defensive side of the game. Everyone’s got talent, and we can really move the ball, that’s where you see the skills and excitement part of it, but you’ve got to be able to keep teams under a reasonable score. That’s probably the thing we struggled with at times.

“A strong defensive unit – Justin Longmuir’s brought a lot of that from West Coast. Our forwards and mids, the pressure that they’ve been putting on saves the backs considerably. It’s a bit of a ‘one-in, all-in’ mentality at the moment.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jezza-barry-and-jeremy-pie-keen-to-make-his-own-grand-final-mark-20180927-p506hm.html
K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:48 pm

Buckley's self-discovery takes him within sight of the holy grail

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-s-self-discovery-takes-him-within-sight-of-the-holy-grail-20180928-p506po.html

'As captain, Buckley had an epiphany when teammate Heath Scotland, then 20, told him: "When I talk to you, I feel like you're thinking about the next thing you're going to say to me, rather than actually listening.''

This time, the recognition was forced by failure as a coach, by the frank feedback he received via the Walsh review, and by his own capacity for self-analysis, a trait that his former football lieutenant and friend Neil Balme believes is Buckley's greatest strength.

The Courage to be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga is a Japanese self-help guide that takes the form of a dialogue between a teenage student and a philosopher/mentor. In conversations with various parties, including the Collingwood players, Buckley has cited the book as a seminal influence upon his attitude this year.'
Doc63 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:08 pm

K wrote:
Buckley's self-discovery takes him within sight of the holy grail

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/buckley-s-self-discovery-takes-him-within-sight-of-the-holy-grail-20180928-p506po.html

'As captain, Buckley had an epiphany when teammate Heath Scotland, then 20, told him: "When I talk to you, I feel like you're thinking about the next thing you're going to say to me, rather than actually listening.''

This time, the recognition was forced by failure as a coach, by the frank feedback he received via the Walsh review, and by his own capacity for self-analysis, a trait that his former football lieutenant and friend Neil Balme believes is Buckley's greatest strength.

The Courage to be Disliked by Ichiro Kishimi and Fumitake Koga is a Japanese self-help guide that takes the form of a dialogue between a teenage student and a philosopher/mentor. In conversations with various parties, including the Collingwood players, Buckley has cited the book as a seminal influence upon his attitude this year.'

That's a great article.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:48 pm

K wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
During the first half he looked so relaxed almost like Bomber Thompson in his Geelong Days. I was waiting for him to put his feet up on the desk and munch on something.

The last thing I want is for him to look like Bomber Thompson.

The last thing I want is for him to look like Stuart Dew...

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Makes no never mind how good a coach he is. Buckley is cursed to never, ever hold a premiership cup on the dias on GF day.

We may as well part ways now and give ourselves a chance to win a premiership.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Well done Bucks, hold your head high, you will hold that cup High, I have no doubt
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Out coached badly, they negated all our key players and we just gifted them the ball time and time again.

$£$%^%%$ woeful
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:47 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Makes no never mind how good a coach he is. Buckley is cursed to never, ever hold a premiership cup on the dias on GF day.

We may as well part ways now and give ourselves a chance to win a premiership.

That's a really knee-jerk reaction. Have you stopped to think how amazing it was we made in the first place????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 31 of 35   

Jump to: