Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

St. Kilda after De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:15 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

E wrote:
Damien wrote:
jatsad wrote:
Buckley is not helping with his idiotic comments.

Just come out and say he is a gun, is required and be done with it.

Not this stupid, "the future is still up in tha air" crap he dished out today.

Also crap! He is one week from stuffing up again off-field until he proves to his teammates and coach that he’s a changed man. No need to commit to him yet after three games post the last stuff up.

We should have signed him to a five year deal the day after he was charged (when his market value was lowest). The kid is one of the best players in the league. The longer you wait the more zeroes you will add to his contract.

He has reached the Alan Didak/Dane Swan status where it doesn't matter how many times he stuffs up, his ability means he will always be forgiven.

We have been dumber than he has on the De Goey matter (all around).

Your statement borders on the offensive. There's a few people on this site who have lost loved ones to drunken drivers. If the club had done what you suggest there would have been a few Collingwood memberships flushed down the toilet. The club has handled the de Goey situation brilliantly. In fact I'm proud of the way the Collingwood football club handled the situation. I'm expecting De Goey to sign a new contract around the middle of the season. If he doesn't and decides to move on then we move on and negotiate the best possible draft pick we can get for him.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:23 am

And that kind of stiff response NB exbibits —if I were conversing with another
bloke who had that persona (and at 77yrs young have met my share) I would not have a positive word to say about

They are footballers but also men who form opinions of other men and react
positive or not

And it is obvious that influx of more earthy staff to assist NB—and who knows

Calm the waters

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 am

Strange tho with Bucks —at presser,s he can go from stiff to a laugh with journo panel

It’s just me I always feel he is laughing at them -not with them

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:50 am

We don’t know de Goey’s character up close, and Buckley does. I’m prepared to believe that they know best what tone and approach best serves his growth as a responsible person.

If his old man really runs around half cut saying things to small crowds which prejudice his son’s relationship with his employer, I suspect we have an insight into the problem right there, and the boy probably needs a role model of the type that Buckley can provide. Whether he has the good sense to take it, of course, time will tell.

ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:52 am

He still has a way to go, he's no out and out A Grade star of the competition yet.

Does he show signs that he can be? Absolutely.

Does he do it consistently like the A Grade stars of the competition? No.

He kicked 5 against the bottom side this week, yet the week before he was quiet against the top side.

Buckley will give credit where credits due and rightfully so he's keeping a lid on the hype and Jordan's mind on the straight and narrow.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:58 am

A good point Mugwump as it’s Jordan’s reaction and how he responds—I and indeed most of us assess from how we see it from the television screen

My main desire is to see Nathan ,Jordan and Collingwood prosper

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am

Paul Seedsman was a party boy and a rabbit.
Yet, we all knew he had talent.
This from his coach a couple of weeks ago.
We’re now seeing on a fairly consistent basis, for the first three games anyway, of the player that he wants to be, and we think he can be
Don Pyke on Paul Seedsman.
Same with JDG.
Top 10 draft pick and a number of development years behind him.
We saw on Sunday that he can play forward with impact and he can play on the ball.
We need to keep him full stop.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:36 am

dp
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:30 pm

I fear he’s outa here. Mind already made up.

If I were to song match De Goey’s past, present and future with the Eagles back catalogue, my selections would be:

Rnd 1 2015 (debut vs Bris) - New Kid in Town

Rnd 17 2016 (poor vs Adel then dropped) - Heartache Tonight

March 2017 (a dog, a door and dishonesty) - Lyin’ Eyes

Post-season 2017 (party boy) - Life in the Fast Lane

Feb 2018 (DUI bust) - Take it to The Limit

Feb 2018 - (media ambush Holden Centre carpark) - I Can’t Tell You Why

Remainder of 2018 season - Already Gone

2019 (life as an ex-Pie) - Desperado
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:41 pm

Pa Marmo wrote:
From the mouth of his dad in front of 4 witnesses, “Saints have offered him 1.2 and he will be taking it”. Granted his dad was half cut, watching the Brisbane game, and may have been trying to stir up Micky McGuanne, but that’s what he said, according to my uncle and cousin who were with them.

$1.2 million per year??

That would put i the same class as Pendles, Dusty - players who have runs on the board.

The guy kicks 5 goals in a game and people are falling themselves with superlatives.

Clubs have to careful with offering big $ to kids. Looked what has happened to the Doggies and Tom Boyd. Not much return on investment there.

K 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:47 pm

FWIW Lloyd thought $800k p.a. was reasonable.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

I don't believe for a minute that St Kilda would be offering DeGoey 1.2 million.I think that's just the drink talking.That's what Dustin Martin is getting and young DeGoey is nowhere near that level yet.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:51 pm

If his father said that then he's a absolute goose no matter who he was trying to get a rise out of.
As for the $1.2m as if. Th kids is a good player now not a star and not consistent enough to be classed anything but a B grader with a tremendous up side.
If the saints are offering that sort of cash to him then there going to have internal issues on there hands with other player already there
He's a young guy who's made a few mistakes but hopefully he's learning from them.
His best as we saw last Sunday is match winning level but the week before he was quieter than a church mouse really.
He needs to lift his game to be at that level every week.
He reminds me a bit like Sidey on his early days when we saw his best and dreamed of it happening every week but as like most young players they take time to learn that consistency level like Sidey did and many others. There best is brilliant but it needs to be consistent high standards delivered
If he wants out that's fine I don't want a player on our list who doesn't want to be here no matter how talented they are.
He was a pick 5 or 6 by memory so that's the minimum starting point plus we also would want something on top of that either in the form of a compo pick or at least a high second rounder for the time we have invested in his development.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:52 pm

Remember that players are like houses - they're worth what someone's prepared to pay for them.
If St. Kilda have a crap year (good chance) they'll be desperate to land a player to appease their supporters. They might well be prepared to pay overs.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Nah. When De Goey’s dad said the Saints were offering 1.2 he was referring to the blood alcohol reading that Jordy has to reach before the Saints would impose an indefinite suspension. Not a bad offer in the circumstances.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: