Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

St. Kilda after De Goey

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mugwump wrote:
Who knows how this will play out, but with the exception of Beams, I can’t remember us losing a player to another club that we were not prepared to let go. So it can happen, but it’s rare.

The ones that come immediately to mind would be Peter Moore, Paul Williams and Nick Davis.

We didn't want to let Daisy go, but weren't prepared to pay him what Carlton were offering. Ditto Freeman, he wanted out and St Kilda were prepared to offer him a lot more than we were.

You could also argue that we didn't want to let Witts go, but had him 3rd in line behind Grundy and Cox

K 

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:25 pm

stui magpie wrote:

The ones that come immediately to mind would be Peter Moore, Paul Williams and Nick Davis.

Was it not the case that the dispute with Williams was the length of contract?
If MM really didn't want the longer contract, that's roughly the same as not really wanting him (since it was hardly Buddy-esque). Can someone remind me exactly what in effect we got for Williams?
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:11 pm

K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

If MM really didn't want the longer contract, that's roughly the same as not really wanting him (since it was hardly Buddy-esque). Can someone remind me exactly what in effect we got for Williams?

Picks 8 and 39. We then ontraded those picks for Jimmy Clement and Brodie Holland.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:25 am

stui magpie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Who knows how this will play out, but with the exception of Beams, I can’t remember us losing a player to another club that we were not prepared to let go. So it can happen, but it’s rare.

We didn't want to let Daisy go, but weren't prepared to pay him what Carlton were offering. Ditto Freeman, he wanted out and St Kilda were prepared to offer him a lot more than we were.

You could also argue that we didn't want to let Witts go, but had him 3rd in line behind Grundy and Cox

I suppose I should have said it, but In the context of the prior posts, I was thinking of the recent era, with RFAs, and the trade intensity of the last ten years etc. I don’t honestly think we wanted to retain Daisy at the money (a good call as it turned out) and I don’t think we fought hard to retain Witts or Freeman, given the depth we had around their playing types, and the injury issues.

Seth 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:29 am

This is simple. Collingwood must re-sign De Goey, he is a bull and going to be a player like a Dangerfield in years to come. If they don't they are the fools I sometimes suspect they are.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 12:21 pm

I think he's more Martin than Danger. Not quite Danger's explosiveness but just as strong in the contest, great awareness and cleaner disposal
K 

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:44 pm

stui magpie wrote:
K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
... Peter Moore, Paul Williams and Nick Davis. ...

If MM really didn't want the longer contract, that's roughly the same as not really wanting him ... Can someone remind me exactly what in effect we got for Williams?

Picks 8 and 39. We then ontraded those picks for Jimmy Clement and Brodie Holland.

I see. It's hard then to imagine a fantasy world in which Williams was somehow added to the otherwise same 2002-3 team. I guess one could imagine getting Clement by some other means...
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am

North rumoured to be offering a first round pick and a player. Side Show Bob could be tempting, but it would want to be a low pick.
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:03 am

North rumoured to be offering a first round pick and a player. Side Show Bob could be tempting, but it would want to be a low pick.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:32 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

absolutely no interest in any of this as next years forward line will be amazing,

Varcoe Moore Thomas
Elliot Lynch De Goey
E 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:37 am

themonk wrote:
WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

absolutely no interest in any of this as next years forward line will be amazing,

Varcoe Moore Thomas
Elliot Lynch De Goey

poor old Stephenson is getting traded away, eh? or do you see him as a midfielder? Alas, no WHE either.

I think if we got Lynch, i'd throw Moore back to CHB.

Lynch, WHE, Stephenson, DeGoey and Wells would be near unstoppable. I could take the 6th spot up there and kick 60 a season!!!!

E 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:38 am

K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
K wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
... Peter Moore, Paul Williams and Nick Davis. ...

If MM really didn't want the longer contract, that's roughly the same as not really wanting him ... Can someone remind me exactly what in effect we got for Williams?

I see. It's hard then to imagine a fantasy world in which Williams was somehow added to the otherwise same 2002-3 team. I guess one could imagine getting Clement by some other means...

K, i'm pretty sure that Williams and Buckley had irreconcilable differences in the end.....

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 2:18 pm

E wrote:
K, i'm pretty sure that Williams and Buckley had irreconcilable differences in the end.....

You'll see her on NITV tonight.

melliot 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Ch9 stuck a mic in de Goeys face in the Holden center carpark today and was on tonight's news.

Happy with his form.
Wants to stay
Wants to repay the club
Contract will be sorted out later in the year.

CH9 also reported north has tabled $800k.

IMO I think this story is a beat up for the sake of some Collingwood news. I'm confident he'll be staying. And I hope we have to pay him $800k+. Because it means he has bloody starred for the the year and consistently kicking backs of goals & winning games for us. The rest doesn't matter.
K 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Presti35 wrote:
E wrote:

You'll see her on NITV tonight.

At what time -- 8.30? I am breathless with anticipation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: