Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies Blitz Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:26 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Leggie wrote:
You f*****n ripper.
Most excited I've been getting off a plane
Saw the final score and can't wait to watch the replay
Go Pies

Good onya Leggie, enjoy it. It’s like watching an art work starting to come to life.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:26 am

E wrote:

As they say in the City of Brotherly Love - TRUST THE PROCESS!!!!

Haha 76ers going well too. In an open Eastern conference, some chance of making it to the final.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 am

This week will be interesting, as good as the result was today, there were some moments that still reminded me of the Collingwood of the last 6 years but much like the Carlton game, Essendon were just too shit to hurt us.

Looking at Essendon today and Melbourne last night, its hard to believe they were talked up as finals chances. Richmond have a very real chance to go back to back as this year looks pretty weak and with Collingwoods extremely soft draw, anything less than a run deep into September would be a massive failure.

I will also add, where do the extra 9,000 people fit into the G today? Looked pretty full from what I could see
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 am

^ Essendon were shit because our coaching group had a defensive strategy to shut them down and our players executed magnificently.

This was the same Essendon that comfortably beat Port Adelaide last week. We were just too good for them.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 am

And beat Richmond in round 1.

Edit:
Correction, their other win was against Adelaide.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:47 am

Terrific win. We dominated the game and I think the margin flattered Essendon in the end.

It's evident that the team is playing with great belief and trust in one another.

The inclusions of Stephenson and Murray have been significant. We haven't been known for being a fast team, but these two guys break the lines brilliantly and take the game on which is exciting to watch. It comes as no surprise that both of them have received rising star nominations already.

The defensive structure is a massive improvement. I wouldn't undervalue the inclusion of Justin Longmuir as our new defensive coach. He's obviously brought something to the table which has significantly improved our defence.

The depth of our midfield means we can rest them up forward as well, which is makes it unpredictable for opposition defences to get a read on our forward set ups.

Another observation I've made is that we're not afraid to dish out quick handballs. It somewhat resembles the way the Dogs played in their premiership year two years ago.

It's still too early to tell whether we've turned a corner yet, but the signs look very promising. This is the most exciting football we've played for at least 5 years and I think supporters who have stuck with the club through thick and thin during these lean years will feel very rewarded at the moment.

It will be interesting to see how we approach the Richmond game with a very short turnaround, but after the last three weeks we have to give ourselves a chance of winning against a highly-fancied Tigers outfit.

Overall, a fantastic day and it's a great feeling to see a young team grow into potentially something special.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:47 am

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ Essendon were shit because our coaching group had a defensive strategy to shut them down and our players executed magnificently.

This was the same Essendon that comfortably beat Port Adelaide last week. We were just too good for them.

Port Adelaide are a measuring stick now?

They did shut them down, eventually, was worried in the first qtr when their dangerous players were allowed to run around on their own. Was wondering what Tipungwuti stunk of cos no one was within 30m of him in the 1st qtr!

But we still turned it over, screwed up and they never made us pay.

Also for once, I don't think anyone can complain about the umpiring, we got a pretty good run today, even Razor was nice to us!!!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:59 am

Port Struggled to beat Brisbane Laughing
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:10 am

Geek wrote:
Where's your twirly fingers now ya big goose?

This.

Glad someone said it.

Especially after he started with the first goal and was like 'OMG I'm getting a pony for my birthday!!!'

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:10 am

Presti35 wrote:
Another meme going round...

https://streamable.com/32pl5

Last edited by MagpieBat on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
E 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 am

Cam wrote:
Geek wrote:
Where's your twirly fingers now ya big goose?

This.

Glad someone said it.

Especially after he started with the first goal and was like 'OMG I'm getting a pony for my birthday!!!'

If Daniher was on our team, you all would love the passion he plays with, his cheekiness and the obvious love for the game that he has. I for one love the way he goes about it. That arrogance is precisely what a power forward is supposed to bring to the game.

Think Brereton, J. Brown, Carey, etc. Part of the secret to being a dominant power forward is the empotional domination that lifts the entire team ujp and make everyone up the field believe that all you have to do is get the ball to him and you will win!!

We did a fantastic job to curtail his influence. I would love for Moore to evolve into the kind of player that Daniher has become. I think Moore is 2 years younger and tracking almost identically.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:28 am

A solid win and the scoreboard actually flatters the Bombers. People have short memories regarding Goddard, Heath Shaw used to do the same thing. It's a media beat up.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:31 am

E wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
What a difference a year makes, it was civil war on this site last year and not much fun. Now there are a smorgasbord of quality positive posts. Great insight guys, I love reading them.

The funniest part though is that everyone here is proudly declaring that they saw this coming and they have never been critical of the club, the coach, the president, the players, the recruiting team, the medics, etc......

Its like it never happened......

Not me, I’m gobsmacked, and just enjoying the ride. For me the years of failure are making this new dawn even better. Life is a roller coaster, the downs make the ups better. Maybe it’s a female thing but I’ve never had a problem admitting I was wrong, and sorry rolls off the tongue as easily as ****

I will be first in line to say sorry, wrong, Thankyou

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:47 am

Culprit wrote:
A solid win and the scoreboard actually flatters the Bombers. People have short memories regarding Goddard, Heath Shaw used to do the same thing. It's a media beat up.

Heath Shaw was a tool as well. Great player though.

BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:49 am

Great win. Loved every second of it. From the 20 min mark of the first quarter completely controlled the game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: