Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies Blitz Bombers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And the difference is with us this year —Blind luck or coincidence—errr gee
fate maybe

None of that it’s a combo of the addition of speed in Murray and Stephenson
and a savvy team of coaches to assist Bucks

And I’m a firm believer that Bucks works in harmony with his coaching staff

Any there is more if one really delved

Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ foreigner, I don’t think there has been as much discontinuity in coaching attitudes and philosophy as people think. I think we’ve been trying the run and carry style for two seasons now, but we didn’t quite have the personnel to carry it out. I think it has taken time to gel, and that’s been a function of talent growth (Aish, Brown, Thomas, Maynard, and the pace miracles of Stephenson and Murray) plus cohesion.

In coaching as in business, things take time to cohere and bite in the field. Until they do, you cannot be certain you are doing the right thing. But it can be hard to decide when you are doing the wrong thing, too ; when you are merely throwing good money after bad.

I think that confidence and self belief are a big part of our recent success.

Let's be honest, Carlton are low hanging fruit. Irrespective of this, playing Carton and beating them convincingly in the manner we did proved to the guys that the game plan can work successfully and that they as individuals and a team had the skills to achieve it.

A prime example is Cox. The giant I watch play in the last half was a different person to the individual who could not hold a mark in the first game and the player that passed his first kick off to Aish in the first quarter. As yesterdays game proceeded he gained more confidence in himself and was grabbing marks at every opportunity and had the confidence to attempt to convert them and pinging two goals along the way.

Let's see what we bring to the table when playing the Tigers.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:19 pm

69 years a MAGPIE wrote:
I’m a tragic and I love it

I went to bed last night, found sleeping really hard
I thought of Lawson, AB and Dennis, I thought myself a bard
Got out of bed, grabbed paper, pen, and now I’m feeling good
My pithy thoughts of our great team, the mighty Collingwood.

When Howey’s in the clouds with his hands around the ball
“just let it be, this one’s mine” you’ll hear him make the call
Ball under arm and Murray’s off playing catch me if you can
And Grundy in the ruck, well Grundy’s just “the Man”
Treloar he makes another goal-kicking, gutsy run
And some poor bastard forward has to deal with Lynden Dunn
Now Stephenson and Browny, they’re just babes in arm
But Scharenberg is different, he’s just so bloody calm
de Goey kicks to Sidey, who slots it from the arc
And Coxy takes another pack splitting, crunching mark
Will Hoskin E and Joshy T play like they’re 10 feet tall
The way they run, the way they mark, the way they kick the ball
When Pendles has the ball and the universe stands still
He stops and thinks, picks out his man and hits him with the pill
Brayden M and Benny C and Aish stick to their task
Which as a coach, is all that Bucks can really ask
Now Varcoe’s just as hard as any man can be
And Reidy’s getting on but still kicking goals you’ll see
Now Langdon’s in and under and Phillips runs all day
And Crispy might be “steak knives” but by god the boy can play

And in the twos, well look who’s there, yeah things are looking good
For my Black and White, my Black and White the Good Old Collingwood.

Love your work. Cool
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Mugwump wrote:
think positive wrote:
E wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
What a difference a year makes, it was civil war on this site last year and not much fun. Now there are a smorgasbord of quality positive posts. Great insight guys, I love reading them.

The funniest part though is that everyone here is proudly declaring that they saw this coming and they have never been critical of the club, the coach, the president, the players, the recruiting team, the medics, etc......

Its like it never happened......

Not me, I’m gobsmacked, and just enjoying the ride. For me the years of failure are making this new dawn even better. Life is a roller coaster, the downs make the ups better. Maybe it’s a female thing but I’ve never had a problem admitting I was wrong, and sorry rolls off the tongue as easily as ****

I will be first in line to say sorry, wrong, Thankyou

I don’t think that all those who questioned Buckley were wrong. The results were worrying, and it has taken longer for the sun to come out than I expected. It is good to keep faith, but at times it felt like throwing good money after bad.

The only people who really should reflect on their behaviour are those who refused to even contemplate that they might be wrong, and those who were completely certain in their convictions that Buckley was a useless coach and a grasping, negative, immature man. Some people see only one side of evidence, and personalise their opinions. One hopes that they learn from this experience, but they never do.

But many honest Collingwood supporters like yourself doubted Buckley’s coaching ability because they loved Collingwood, and they had some clear evidence to support for their doubts, even if I disagreed with the interpretation of the evidence. And anyway, just as catastrophising is a mistake, we should also not convince ourselves that three wins on the trot makes us an elite team, yet. It’s just nice to feel the family coming together again.

agree. although ill qualify: include round 2 in that, against GWS i wasnt disappointed, the effort was there, and if the effort is there again on sunday, i will be happy, win lose or draw. it wont be a walk in the park, and to be honest im really glad because this is the litmus test with no real pressure: noone expects us to win or even do well, against the reigning premier, and on a 4 day break, after a really tough game, far tougher than richmond had.

cheers

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:43 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The pressure Essendon exerted on our forwards was telling, it will be interesting to see how we go against Richmond because while our defence held up beautifully, we frigged around with it too much when it was contested in our forward line. I reckon the bombers beat us in that area, but that was one of few.

Isn't it great when we can kick 100 points over consecutive weeks though?
Yes it will be great to tinker with the F50 structure over the coming months, and if it really clicks, we could kick some hefty scores later in the season.
The media banged on after the game like Essendon were totally non-competitive, which was far from reality, considering they were down 2 rotations in the 2nd half.

Monco Matt wrote:
That was damn impressive footy. We are playing the right brand of footy now, total football, no one way running, no sagging back in defense, this was a continuation of the last two weeks and shall I dare say it? We are on a roll!!! And I am pumped!

Thought Sidey was BOG as he really was instrumental in the first half. Treloar was great, so too Pendles, Grundy and De Goey, a real even spread and that is what we want. To be fair, the Dons were down two players for a half of footy and that was just too bloody tough for them to get over. So, look... they were trying to hold on and just didn't have the run. But, I think we would have beaten them anyway but maybe by 2 or 3 goals instead of 8.

A great performance, one to be super proud of. Bring on the Le Tigres in 4 days. A big ask but I think we will give it a big crack.

Love it when all 22 players buy-in for the fight; that's four weeks running now.

PyreneesPie wrote:
I understand that few want to get carried away on the back of a couple of straight wins, but geez, I'm disappointed about the lack of support for the team on this board.

We're all supposedly Collingwood supporters, but how many have acknowledged the great win today?????? It was a wonderful team performance, but so few are willing to tip their hats to the boys.

PP, you are of course correct, and we are all loving this, but...
let's not forget in 2014 and 2015, we were W8/L3 at the turn and flying, only to vanish up our own rectums in the 2nd halves of those seasons.
If we can get to 7/4 or even 8/3 by the halfway mark, then we can start making some noises again, with many of the more difficult games against the previous years finalists already accounted for.

RudeBoy wrote:
And I find it pretty disappointing that none of my fellow Nicksters seem willing to congratulate Bucks on the fine job he's doing, preparing our team of youngsters for battle each week. Well done Bucks. You stood firm when others went weak at the knees. Go Pies!

There is a thread on this, I believe. But yes Bucks, keep up the good work!

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Awesome effort by the boys!!! Going to be real tough picking the team for our next game.

And Wolfy is howling with pride, what is this sorcery?! Razz

K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:12 pm

think positive wrote:
... it wont be a walk in the park, and to be honest im really glad because this is the litmus test with no real pressure: noone expects us to win or even do well, against the reigning premier, and on a 4 day break, after a really tough game, far tougher than richmond had.

The bookies expect us to get within 13 points.
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ foreigner, I don’t think there has been as much discontinuity in coaching attitudes and philosophy as people think. I think we’ve been trying the run and carry style for two seasons now, but we didn’t quite have the personnel to carry it out. I think it has taken time to gel, and that’s been a function of talent growth (Aish, Brown, Thomas, Maynard, and the pace miracles of Stephenson and Murray) plus cohesion.

In coaching as in business, things take time to cohere and bite in the field. Until they do, you cannot be certain you are doing the right thing. But it can be hard to decide when you are doing the wrong thing, too ; when you are merely throwing good money after bad.

You raise a good point Mugwump, but that means that we were not playing to our strengths all that time. In essence, did we try to make any changes or adapt when for e.g. Cloke was struggling, and the forwards had the yips, we never tried this rotating forwards/mids and being unpredictable which we are doing now. Run and carry philosophy may not have changed but we never adapted when the pressure was on. Adelaide coming back from 50 points down to draw it - weren't we one dimensional, trying to stick something that wasn't clearly clicking or working?

Last edited by foreigner on Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:14 pm

piedys wrote:
The media banged on after the game like Essendon were totally non-competitive, which was far from reality, considering they were down 2 rotations in the 2nd half.

Huh? Surely being two down increases their second-half non-competitiveness, right?
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:01 pm

can sense something special building, finally. Just taking it 4 days at a time.
or 12!

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:07 pm

Just a fantastic win, even contribution from all.

I certainly didn't see this coming after round 1, but I guess when it clicks, it clicks

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:41 pm

News over here in Adelaide about a 'fight' involving CFC Supporters that broke out behind the cheer squad? Anyone see it happen?

Adelaidenow.com.au website

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:13 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

Let's be honest, Carlton are low hanging fruit. Irrespective of this, playing Carton and beating them convincingly in the manner we did proved to the guys that the game plan can work successfully and that they as individuals and a team had the skills to achieve it.

A prime example is Cox. The giant I watch play in the last half was a different person to the individual who could not hold a mark in the first game and the player that passed his first kick off to Aish in the first quarter. As yesterdays game proceeded he gained more confidence in himself and was grabbing marks at every opportunity and had the confidence to attempt to convert them and pinging two goals along the way.

I was watching Cox closely in that last quarter, one of those pack marks he really set himself for, I think it was just after he missed a set shot.

The ball went out and was bombed back in, he was out of position and reid was setting to go for it, and he just put in 2 or 3 big strides and launched at it, clunking the mark.

He's a smart boy and learns quickly. One day he will rip a team apart on his own.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 pm

E wrote:
Cam wrote:
Geek wrote:
Where's your twirly fingers now ya big goose?
This.
Glad someone said it.

If Daniher was on our team, you all would love the passion he plays with, his cheekiness and the obvious love for the game that he has. I for one love the way he goes about it. That arrogance is precisely what a power forward is supposed to bring to the game.

Well, in terms of kicking accuracy, he is beginning to make Travis C. look like Peter M.

As for the arrogance, no thanks. The ruffling of people's hair after a goal that he and Hooker engaged in last year is disrespectful and asking to be run over by the karma bus. Leigh Matthews basically suggested that type of behaviour would lead to an opponent belting the offender one day. (Leigh said it was far worse than Langford kissing his opponent.)
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
Mugwump wrote:

I was watching Cox closely in that last quarter, one of those pack marks he really set himself for, I think it was just after he missed a set shot.

The ball went out and was bombed back in, he was out of position and reid was setting to go for it, and he just put in 2 or 3 big strides and launched at it, clunking the mark.

He's a smart boy and learns quickly. One day he will rip a team apart on his own.

yep i remember that bit, and then he put it through, good confidence booster for him. i reckon he snapped a bit, pushed it for pride getting it back, nice to see a bit of mongrel in the gentle giant!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:52 pm

K wrote:
think positive wrote:
... it wont be a walk in the park, and to be honest im really glad because this is the litmus test with no real pressure: noone expects us to win or even do well, against the reigning premier, and on a 4 day break, after a really tough game, far tougher than richmond had.

The bookies expect us to get within 13 points.

so do I!

wouldnt think to many would take those odds, bookies are bullshit artists! you ask anyone on the street, they will be laughing and waiting for us to crash and burn. THEY are the ones i want a piece of after the game! We might not win, but i dont expect us to be humiliated. but its important to keep the squad the same as much as possible. they deserve it for one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: