Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Chris Scott calls Buckley's prior opportunity idea ‘silly’

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AFL competition committee to look at 6-6-6 next week

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-competition-committee-to-look-at-6-6-6-next-week-20180906-p50224.html
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:01 pm

AFL to get tough on rule interpretations

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-to-get-tough-on-rules-20180913-p503k8.html

"The AFL Commission will consider introducing the six-six-six centre bounce set-up and an 18-metre goal square in 2019 after the AFL's competition committee decided to recommend the changes on Thursday.

They will also be asked to approve the strengthening of rule interpretations in eight separate categories, including a stricter adjudication of the contentious holding the ball rule and marking contests.

AFL football operations manager Steve Hocking said that rather than changing rules already in place, the competition committee revisited existing rules and have an objective to halve the number of rules within 12 months."
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:33 am

The AFL Commission has lost its mind if it accepts these "recommendations".
K 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:22 am

'Hands in the back' rule to be abolished by AFL Commission

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hands-in-the-back-rule-to-be-abolished-by-afl-commission-20180917-p504c1.html

"If the move is rubber stamped by the AFL commission next Monday, the rule will revert to its original form where simply placing a hand on an opponent’s back is legal, until it becomes a push."

[What is the exact wording of the current rule?]
K 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:23 pm

Malthouse:

"I was asked about the rules and I said the 18-metre rule is ridiculous.

"Two, I said a game divided up into divisions is netball and they wear a skirt. We do not want to make it into divisions... we do not need a football ground broken into divisions."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/humiliated-disgusted-mo-hope-walks-off-panel-over-malthouse-comments-20180927-p506hv.html
K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:54 pm

The Toby rule: AFL may outlaw use of studs

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-03/the-toby-rule-afl-may-outlaw-use-of-studs
E 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:07 am

K wrote:
Malthouse:

"I was asked about the rules and I said the 18-metre rule is ridiculous.

"Two, I said a game divided up into divisions is netball and they wear a skirt. We do not want to make it into divisions... we do not need a football ground broken into divisions."

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/humiliated-disgusted-mo-hope-walks-off-panel-over-malthouse-comments-20180927-p506hv.html

I believe his comments caused Moana Hope. MM is a jackass whose time has long since passed.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:07 am

K wrote:
The Toby rule: AFL may outlaw use of studs

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-03/the-toby-rule-afl-may-outlaw-use-of-studs

This one is obvious and I reckon they held off in the hope GWS. Would go further in the finals.

Hand on the back rule is crap and never should have been there, common sense

K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

New rules revealed: Nine changes for 2019

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-11/new-rules-revealed-nine-changes-for-2019

"The changes

Traditional playing positions at centre bounces

Clubs must have six players inside both 50m arcs, with one player inside the goalsquare.

Four midfield players must start inside the centre square with the two wingmen stationed along the wing.

Kick-ins

At kick-ins, a player will no longer need to kick to himself to play on from the goalsquare.

Following a behind, the man on the mark will be brought out to 10m from the top of the goalsquare, rather than the existing five metres.

Marks and free kicks in defence

When defenders mark or receive a free kick within nine metres of their own goal, the man on the mark will be brought in line with the top of the goalsquare.

Runners and water carriers

Team runners may only enter the playing surface after a goal has been kicked and must exit before play restarts.

Water carriers are not permitted to enter the playing surface during live play.

Umpire contact

Players will be prohibited from setting up behind the umpire at centre bounces.

50m penalties

The player with the ball:
Must be allowed to advance the mark by 50m without the infringing player delaying the game.
Will be able to play on while the 50m penalty is being measured out.

Kicking for goal after the siren

A player who has been awarded a mark or free kick once play has ended:
Will now be able to kick across their body using a snap or check-side kick
BUT must kick the ball directly in line with the man on the mark and the goal.

Marking contests

The 'hands in the back’ rule interpretation has been repealed so a player can now:
Place his hands on the back of his opponent to protect his position in a marking contest
PROVIDED he does not push his opponent in the back.

Ruck contests: prior opportunity

A ruckman who takes direct possession of the ball from a bounce, throw-up or boundary throw-in will no longer be regarded as having had prior opportunity.

Where there is uncertainty over who is the designated ruckman, the ruckman for each team will still be required to nominate to the field umpire."

Note:

When they write "with the two wingmen stationed along the wing", they don't define "wing", but the accompanying diagram indicates it's in line with the centre square:

Last edited by K on Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
WalZ_PieZ 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:14 pm

K wrote:
'Hands in the back' rule to be abolished by AFL Commission

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/hands-in-the-back-rule-to-be-abolished-by-afl-commission-20180917-p504c1.html

"If the move is rubber stamped by the AFL commission next Monday, the rule will revert to its original form where simply placing a hand on an opponent’s back is legal, until it becomes a push."

[What is the exact wording of the current rule?]

Don't know what the current rule wording is. But i remember the last change was dubbed the Clement Rule, as our own James Clement was the best at holding off his opponent with a well placed hand in the back (without pushing).
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:30 pm

You must be kidding!
who the hell do these idiots think they are making wholesale changes to our game with no consultation, and no trials!? Its like letting monkeys in the control room on the space shuttle!

We've seen how good these clowns are at making big changes, & you can bet these are all about money, making it look faster, and higher scoring. Remember the famous "year of the sub" in 2014?
And the cock up they avoided by trialing the "last touch OOB free-kick" in the twos?

And, incredibly, the ONE rule that was universally hated, the idiotic "ruck nomination rule" is to STAY!!!

The ridiculous 6-6-6 rule (even the fuc*ing NAME is evil!), will cost sides games on idiot technicalities, just like the arbitrary ruck free kick shite cost us the flag!

Quote:
When defenders mark or receive a free kick within nine metres of their own goal, the man on the mark will be brought in line with the top of the goalsquare.

Does this mean what I think?!
If they mark it on the boundary they'll be brought round to dead in front? Tell me thats NOT what it means?! This is such an obvious bid for higher scores to suit the foreign markets, & completely changes the look of our game!

Quote:
Water carriers are not permitted to enter the playing surface during live play.

What happened to player welfare being primary??

Lets just make it simple for them!

Quote:
"No ruckman shall be allowed to take possession of the ball while wearing monochrome attire"

Quote:
"Anyone working at the Holden Centre shall be prohibited from kicking goals"

Quote:
"A mark shall be deemed incomplete if the player juggles the ball or was born near Dallas, Tx"

Come on AFL! Show some backbone, make your intentions CLEAR, you lousy pack of cheats! Who wants a few bucks on Melbourne ending their monster drought in 2019. Every other long drought has already ended in the mere 18 yrs of this century.

Brisbane/Fitzroy (57 yrs)

Sydney/ Sth Melb. (72 yrs)

Geelong (44 yrs)

Footscray/Bulldogs (60 yrs)

Richmond (37 yrs) Thats 270 years of droughts squished within 16 yrs!

Thats a good bit o' luck, eh? to complete the set we just need
Melbourne (54 yrs so far). Oh no! Carlton is up next!! (23 yrs!)

Maybe University will win in 2020??

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:55 pm

35forever wrote:
Quote:

If they mark it on the boundary they'll be brought round to dead in front? Tell me thats NOT what it means?! This is such an obvious bid for higher scores to suit the foreign markets, & completely changes the look of our game!

That's NOT what it means. True. It's for defenders. It means if they mark close to their own goal, they have space to kick it over the man on the mark, because the man on the mark has to be 9 metres out. At the moment, if they mark right near the goal line, they are really cramped, because the man on the mark stands right where they marked the ball.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:09 pm

K wrote:
35forever wrote:
Quote:

That's NOT what it means. True. It's for defenders. It means if they mark close to their own goal, they have space to kick it over the man on the mark, because the man on the mark has to be 9 metres out. At the moment, if they mark right near the goal line, they are really cramped, because the man on the mark stands right where they marked the ball.

The words "their own goal" is very misleading. Surely, it should read "their opponents goal".
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:35 pm

A look back at an article in September:

AFL rule changes: how the AFL got its numbers wrong in an attempt to justify proposed new laws

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-15/afl-rules-changes-may-reduce-scoring-not-increase-it/10247576

"Put simply, Hocking, who was approached for this article but declined to comment, has a sample size problem.

When overseas sporting bodies such as the NBA, NHL, and Major League Baseball want to test rule changes, they often spend years conducting trials in minor and reserve leagues to observe teams' responses and to uncover any unintended consequences.

Three late-season dead rubbers involving relatively weak VFL teams is not a real trial. It is a pretext to a rubber stamp."

[Perhaps this sort of criticism helped limit the changes...]
K 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:29 am

<Err... see posts above... this one deleted... Oh, may as well give the link to the video with S.Hocking discussing the rules for 14 1/2 minutes:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-11/new-rules-revealed-nine-changes-for-2019
(A few minutes in, and I already wish he'd stop saying "excited", "exciting", etc.)>
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: