Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pip Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Great win against a desperate oppostion.

Take those 4 points.. phew Smile

THIS !!!!! yes, a win is a win, we had 3 games in 12 days, we looked stuffed but we hung on, ground it out, got the points, so we take it and run, get the hell outa Brisvegas, with 4 precious points. I feel our team is learning something every week, learning to win, again, against the odds, like today. I'm pleased we got outa gaol, now we reload for handbag Cats. !!!! Very Happy Cool

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I don't know what that looked like on TV but live at the game we looked spent in the 3rd term. Our usual runners looked leg tired and we never really tried to handball and run at all for the whole game.
There smalls seemed to run in waves forward of the ball all day.
They actually played fairly well considering how shit they've been all season. They played like this was there GF and they had everything at stake.

At the end of the day the class difference showed when it was needed.
Sidey in the last term was important
JDG really stepped up
Cox took a couple really important grabs in the last 10 minutes
Any news on Pendles ?

They haven't been shit all season. They've played a few teams where they've been pretty close in a few in the last quarter.

We were ripe for the pickin' as others have noted due to:

3 games in 11 days
Interstate travel
Unsettled line up
Backline with first year players like Murray and Appleby and as you noted they treated this as a GF.

The 4 points is wonnerful

Last edited by watt price tully on Sun May 06, 2018 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:47 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I haven't got Foxtel, thought I'd download the game later confident in victory and decided to use the time instead to give my unit a much needed clean.

Fired up the computer, went to the AFL site and FMD we're only 8pts ahead half way through the last quarter.

Critical that we hung on for the win but boy oh boy some spots in the team must surely have opened up on the back of that performance.

I look forward to watching it.

Swoop, you may have to turn off the commentary like I did. Dwayne Russell was so pro-Brisbane it was infuriating. I sent an email of complaint into Fox Footy. I go without fundamental necessities to get their telecasts and I don't expect to put up with such rubbish from them. Channel 7 commentators maybe, but I expect unbiased commentary from Fox Footy, because I bloody well pay heavily for it.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Whew,what a relief.I hate losing to this mob,because i have family members up in Brisbane and they always give me grief when they beat us.

As for the game,i wouldn't read too much into as the players were clearly fatigued after playing 3 games in 11 days.You can tell that by the way the players kept losing their feet and falling over,it's a tell tale sign of fatigue.

There was a lesson to be learned from DeGeoy's performance today.He was clearly a match winner,and it highlights the need to have your best players playing in the seniors.If he had been wasting away in the reserves this week-end then we would have lost that game.You need to have your best team to win these close games,it's as simple as that.So there's a lesson there for the likes of Wells and Fasolo who are far better than some of the players who were running around in the seniors today.

Last edited by doriswilgus on Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Some are saying Brisbanes accurate goal kicking kept them in it...we were pretty much just as accurate.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Very disappointed that Hodgey still hasn't had a win as a bear. Very Happy

Last edited by thesoretoothsayer on Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
selkevh 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Would you have taken a 4-3 season in March?
Raw Hammer 

PyreneesPie wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
I haven't got Foxtel, thought I'd download the game later confident in victory and decided to use the time instead to give my unit a much needed clean.

Fired up the computer, went to the AFL site and FMD we're only 8pts ahead half way through the last quarter.

Critical that we hung on for the win but boy oh boy some spots in the team must surely have opened up on the back of that performance.

I look forward to watching it.

Swoop, you may have to turn off the commentary like I did. Dwayne Russell was so pro-Brisbane it was infuriating. I sent an email of complaint into Fox Footy. I go without fundamental necessities to get their telecasts and I don't expect to put up with such rubbish from them. Channel 7 commentators maybe, but I expect unbiased commentary from Fox Footy, because I bloody well pay heavily for it.

I too turned off the commentary.

It was beyone reasable. It was Press Red for Brisbane Commentary esque.

Bleedblackanwhite 

The closeness of the game doesnt surprise me at all. I had it as a danger game for many reasons, so just happy to get a win.
The lions have some quality players and were hungry for a win, they always lift when playing us.
If you aint first youre last, Ricky Bobby.
4 points is 4 points.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 pm

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
Incredibly frustrating game, but a huge relief we won.

I agree.

Much rather that wake up call than get absolutely destroyed by the cats next week.

Id rather see a Brown than Mayne, he tries, but yeah, and yeah I know that Blairs determination is keeping him in the game, but gees guys, that smother in the dying minutes could have meant so much!

Stephenson, what a star, DeGoey, all is forgiven -but dont do it again! Treloar, mr class, WHE not as good as the last couple, but gees hes smooth. Thank god for Howe and the back line. They were like tanks, and thats why cox struggled at times. We looked tired.

My big worry and I said it a couple of weeks back, is if we are pressured out of hand passing, our kicks cost us big time. Certainly under pressure like that the skills dropped massively. Again though ,we looked apathetic at times. And losing Pendles cost us big time. Was Moore match fit to play?

Hey a win is a win.

Bit shocked in the game day thread, the rubbish chucked at our players, (only a couple of posters thankfully) useless arseholes, etc etc, thats not necessary. Pretty disgusting really.

After the last 5 years, cmon guys, lets stick together. Certainly there appeared to be selection issues, but gees there are some real shining lights in this team now. Would have been horribly disappointing to lose, but at least its no longer meh!

Well said T P, well said, u said it all. Now,my dear, shall we have a Chivas Regal or two to celebrate a heart stopping victory, my shout is it ?? Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Tough hard win. Well done boys. Well done. Credit to Brisbane. They took it right up to us. They are not as bad as the ladder shows and they will hurt some good teams.

Beers on me.

🍻

Go Pies

K 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:51 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Some are saying Brisbanes accurate goal kicking kept them in it...we were pretty much just as accurate.

When I see accurate goal-kicking, I think poor defence. Wink
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:53 pm

selkevh wrote:

A seven-game season? Is it really too painful to watch 22 rounds?
sixpoints 

Rapt. If ever a game was there to lose, that was it. But we came through.
Great work DeGoey, Thomas, Treloar, Sidey, Stephenson. Great battling from our rucks Grundy & Cox who both stood up in the last quarter.
Not our strongest team, not our best game...but a win.
The 12 games in 3 days stretch is over.
Mayne & Crocker on thin ice.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

selkevh wrote:
I am not so sure if I would like to took a 4-3 season in March.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14   

Jump to: