Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pip Lions - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the replay today after reading some of the comments about the bias of the commentators. Well, what a bunch of sooks we’ve got masquerading as Pies supporters. I thought the call was mostly even handed though there was an understandable empathy at the end for a team that had fought very hard and probably don’t deserve to be 0-7.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 pm

dalyc wrote:
I watched the replay today after reading some of the comments about the bias of the commentators. Well, what a bunch of sooks we’ve got masquerading as Pies supporters. I thought the call was mostly even handed though there was an understandable empathy at the end for a team that had fought very hard and probably don’t deserve to be 0-7.

The Bears and Dwayne Russell’s household can have you

foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Our kicking in general for goal has been pretty good
R 1. 9. 13
R 2. 12.7
R 3. 16.4
R 4. 16.10
R 5. 14.17
R 6. 10.10
R 7. 18. 6

^ R7 we kicked 19.7. Lions kicked 18.6

Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm a longstanding supporter of Bucks and am convinced he'll deliver us another Premiership very soon. However, I wish he was a little more positive in his post match comments, particularly in regards to a kid like De Goey, who was battered from pillar to post pre-season. In his post match summary, it seemed like Bucks didn't want to say Jordy played a great game. Obviously none of us know what is said privately between player and coach, but in the public arena, players should be acknowledged when they play a great game imo. But that's just me I guess. Confused

Contract talks going on, admitting a ripper of a game might add 10k to his contract Laughing
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
I'm a longstanding supporter of Bucks and am convinced he'll deliver us another Premiership very soon. However, I wish he was a little more positive in his post match comments, particularly in regards to a kid like De Goey, who was battered from pillar to post pre-season. In his post match summary, it seemed like Bucks didn't want to say Jordy played a great game. Obviously none of us know what is said privately between player and coach, but in the public arena, players should be acknowledged when they play a great game imo. But that's just me I guess. Confused

Rudey - I took Bucks’ comments as meaning De Goey is capable of this (in a forward role) and a challenge to him to lift to this standard every week (consistency - he was quiet last week for eg). He also noted he won’t always be forward as he will be needed as a bullocking mid. Given his contract situation I think we can expect some great output from him this season.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:40 pm

BazBoy wrote:
R 1. 9. 13
R 2. 12.7
R 3. 16.4
R 4. 16.10
R 5. 14.17
R 6. 10.10
R 7. 18. 6

That’s a healthy ratio. Could be number of factors.
- We are definitely getting deeper entries compared to previous years.
- We seem to be opening up the middle forward of centre a bit better too
- I also think our new deep forwards are generally all pretty reliable shots on goal. Stephenson. W H E , DeGoey and Thomas ( resting ) are all solid set shots. It’s a good feeling when these guys have ball in hand. I want to add Cox but he has missed his share so far this season.
K 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:46 pm

I'd like to see the set-shot info.
Against Essendon (and Richmond), it was dismal.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:56 pm

foreigner wrote:
BazBoy wrote:
R 1. 9. 13
R 2. 12.7
R 3. 16.4
R 4. 16.10
R 5. 14.17
R 6. 10.10
R 7. 18. 6

^ R7 we kicked 19.7. Lions kicked 18.6

Here's some quirky trivia for you; Brisvegas kicked the third highest score of all 18 teams this round. And still lost. Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 pm

K wrote:
I'd like to see the set-shot info.
Against Essendon (and Richmond), it was dismal.

On quick inspection, it looks like Crocker has been our worst converter for goal / point ratio. In fairness, he has played high half forward but it does add weight to comments that he needs to do more with the opportunities he creates.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:04 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

From worst on field (or close enough to) to best on field (or close enough to) the week after. I'd not be getting too carried away either.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:14 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

From worst on field (or close enough to) to best on field (or close enough to) the week after. I'd not be getting too carried away either.

I'm just not into mind games. I think it damages trust. When a player has won the game with 5 goal haul like Jordy did, he should be publicly applauded. When he plays a shit game like last week, he should be privately told to lift his game. That's not getting carried away, that's telling it like it is.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:22 pm

dalyc wrote:

You weren't watching the game live then? Rolling Eyes If that is the case, I question whether you are in a position to call some of us sooks masquerading as Collingwood supporters.
When the game is live and you are on the edge of your set, NOT knowing the eventual outcome (as you apparently had the luxury of when you watched it) and you are indeed a dedicated Pies supporter, the emotion of the moment is intense. Have you ever experienced this??

If, while all this is happening, you have a commentator who is excitedly and continually talking up the efforts of your opposition, any person not made of stone would be inclined to get pissed off with that commentator, when they are meant to be giving an unbiased description of the game.
K 

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
However, I wish he was a little more positive in his post match comments, particularly in regards to a kid like De Goey, ... In his post match summary, it seemed like Bucks didn't want to say Jordy played a great game. ...

I'm just not into mind games. I think it damages trust. When a player has won the game with 5 goal haul like Jordy did, he should be publicly applauded. When he plays a shit game like last week, he should be privately told to lift his game. That's not getting carried away, that's telling it like it is.

Well, it appears that one coach gave JDG 4 votes, the other 2. Maybe it was Buckley who gave him 2. Maybe you rate JDG's game more highly than the coach and he's telling it like it is to him.
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
dalyc wrote:

You weren't watching the game live then? Rolling Eyes If that is the case, I question whether you are in a position to call some of us sooks masquerading as Collingwood supporters.
When the game is live and you are on the edge of your set, NOT knowing the eventual outcome (as you apparently had the luxury of when you watched it) and you are indeed a dedicated Pies supporter, the emotion of the moment is intense. Have you ever experienced this??

If, while all this is happening, you have a commentator who is excitedly and continually talking up the efforts of your opposition, any person not made of stone would be inclined to get pissed off with that commentator, when they are meant to be giving an unbiased description of the game.

I went to the Gabba to see it live.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:35 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

It's a tough one RudeBoy. I'm inclined to agree with you that Bucks could have been a bit more animated publicly about Jordan's great display. It was certainly worth the coach's praise. On the other hand, Bucks may have set him the goal of playing well consistently and in his (Buck's) view, the job has not yet been done and public plaudits are not quite yet due?

There was one football identity who sang his praises tonight. Jordy was the "Monday hero" for Robbo on AFL 360!! Laughing Laughing So he didn't miss out entirely on collecting some credit for his performance. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14   

Jump to: