Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Operation: LYNCHPIN (get it...?)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cressyg 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynch will be 26 years old at the end of the year. He has been in the AFL for 8 years, but has missed 2 years through injury. Lynch averages 15 games per season and 9 kicks per game and 1.95 goals per game. Is he worth $1.4 million for 15 games per year?

Darcy in comparison is 22 years old. He is in his 4th season and averages 12 games per year, 6 kicks per game and 1.2 goals per game. Darcy's average possessions has not increased since TAC so is it likely to now? Do we keep him or trade him?.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Well, whatever we do, the club would want to make sure we had something coming in before we had something going out.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:47 pm

cressyg wrote:
Lynch will be 26 years old at the end of the year. He has been in the AFL for 8 years, but has missed 2 years through injury. Lynch averages 15 games per season and 9 kicks per game and 1.95 goals per game. Is he worth $1.4 million for 15 games per year?

Darcy in comparison is 22 years old. He is in his 4th season and averages 12 games per year, 6 kicks per game and 1.2 goals per game. Darcy's average possessions has not increased since TAC so is it likely to now? Do we keep him or trade him?.

The answer is we keep Darcy and launch a bid for Tom Lynch while keep developing McLarty and Max Lynch. Draft a couple of KPP's in the national 2018 national draft.
KellyD33P 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:51 am

Interesting interview from 2016
'''''' Who did you barrack for as a kid?

I was a Collingwood supporter. My last game supporting them was the 2010 grand final replay. Then I quit while I was on top. I actually went to that game. Not too competitive but I really enjoyed it.

'''''' Who was your favourite player?

Nathan Buckley. I couldn’t go past him. I also enjoyed the big forwards like Rocca, Fraser and Tarrant.

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/dennis-cometti-lynch-values-gold-highly-ng-ya-113620

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:35 pm

KellyD33P wrote:

I was a Collingwood supporter. My last game supporting them was the 2010 grand final replay. Then I quit while I was on top. I actually went to that game. Not too competitive but I really enjoyed it.

Nathan Buckley. I couldn’t go past him. I also enjoyed the big forwards like Rocca, Fraser and Tarrant.

https://thewest.com.au/news/australia/dennis-cometti-lynch-values-gold-highly-ng-ya-113620

That does not mean he be going to Collingwood

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
KellyD33P wrote:

That does not mean he be going to Collingwood

Yes it does. Rolling Eyes
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:20 pm

Interesting discussion being had that clubs should look at Tom McDonald as a $500,000 a season cheaper option to Lynch.

Has a big endurance capability by all reports and can play key position at both ends.

Still yet to re-sign at Melbourne and holding out for a better offer is the talk.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:50 pm

^^^

Have long been a fan of Tom McDonald and I mentioned him as a target under free agency in an earlier thread on here. At the time, according to a few on here who must know, McDonald isn’t going anywhere 🙄 Guess that’s the end of that then.
He’s an endurance beast, lovely kick of the pill and plays both ends of the ground.

McGovern is another free agent I would chase for less coin than it would cost to get Lynch. The best way to keep the best stay at home KPF quiet, is to have the best intercept player in the competition park himself in front of him.

Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue May 22, 2018 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Why not get both?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 11:53 pm

^^^

D P

Last edited by Pies2016 on Tue May 22, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
cressyg wrote:

The answer is we keep Darcy and launch a bid for Tom Lynch while keep developing McLarty and Max Lynch. Draft a couple of KPP's in the national 2018 national draft.

This.

Of course, this means we would have to craft a Free Agency offer that Gold Coast do not have the capacity to match. Which will take quite some doing, doing that I feel is beyond us. Which brings the next two first round picks into play at the trade table and you can forget about drafting KPPs for another year.

And before Dave comes in all bluster that "Bloody AFL be make Him stay", no, no they can't, not if he wants out, which everything on the grapevine has suggested he does...

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:02 am

^^^ I wouldn't be so sure the Suns will match (even if they have the capacity to). He will attract band one compensation and GC will finish bottom 4.

2 picks in the top 5 of a super draft may be too appealing to pass up, as opposed to 1 top 4, 1 in double figures this year and next...

Top 5 pick this year is worth more to them than 2 double figure picks.
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Looks like we are still chasing Lynch. And rumours still persist with Moore moving to the Swans

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tom-lynch-to-be-offered-afls-highestpaying-contract/news-story/97e50ae57ad727c4f88a097c34bafddc

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:35 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Looks like we are still chasing Lynch. And rumours still persist with Moore moving to the Swans

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/tom-lynch-to-be-offered-afls-highestpaying-contract/news-story/97e50ae57ad727c4f88a097c34bafddc

I say Moore Rumors is because of the Lynch Rumors

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Bleedblackanwhite wrote:

I say Moore Rumors is because of the Lynch Rumors

Moore.. then likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 4 of 30   

Jump to: