Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Operation: LYNCHPIN (get it...?)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:
Half the list managers of other clubs say he's going to richmond....if that doesn't end up happening then it explains list managers have no idea what's going on in the comp

And why can't the sun's match the offer? No way he will get the same money in melb that the sun's give him

They can, but they would lose pick 3 AND possibly Lynch if he walked into the draft.

The Suns definitely should match and force a trade. Lynch is worth more than pick 3.

Good luck then trading with us because our draft picks are already committed. The other point is, have you watched any vision of the high end draftees in Novembers draft. Whoever goes pick 3 is worth whatever Lynch is worth. In fact I would prefer pick 3 to Tom Lynch.

Our picks are not committed. If we don’t use a first rounder this year we just won’t meet the precondition for trading a future pick in 2019. It is not actually that big a deal. You can always trade your current year first rounder, but post 2019 there is a precondition for trading future picks (having used 2 first rounders in previous 4 years).

EDIT: If you are referring to the NGA and FS players we can go into points deficit and they carry over to the following year and come off our picks from the relevant round they were bid on.

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:42 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
GCS will look to trade pick 3 to Adelaide.

If I were them I'd prefer to extract something from the raiding club. Letting your captain and best player go for nothing is weak.

They get more from Free Agent Compo then Either Us or Richmond could give the Suns

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Deleted

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
GCS will look to trade pick 3 to Adelaide.

If I were them I'd prefer to extract something from the raiding club. Letting your captain and best player go for nothing is weak.

They get more from Free Agent Compo then Either Us or Richmond could give the Suns

Nah. They can easily get more than pick 3 from either team and should do so.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 pm

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:
Apparently Lynch is now following Pendles on social media, I think twitter.

Might mean nothing though.

He ain’t following Pendles

You mean he isn’t “tommyboytweets”?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Its not a massive risk. Pick 3 isn't that valuable to them and the team who wants Lynch will make sure a deal is done. Very rare for a trade to fall apart and a player go to the draft.

Who's worth more? Weller or Raynor? I'd take Raynor any day of the week. We got Pendlebury at pick 6. Massive understatement stating pick 3 isn't that valuable. This is going to be a massive draft coming up. Clubs underrating it will do so at their peril.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:53 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Its not a massive risk. Pick 3 isn't that valuable to them and the team who wants Lynch will make sure a deal is done. Very rare for a trade to fall apart and a player go to the draft.

Who's worth more? Weller or Raynor? I'd take Raynor any day of the week. We got Pendlebury at pick 6. Massive understatement stating pick 3 isn't that valuable. This is going to be a massive draft coming up. Clubs underrating it will do so at their peril.

They already have pick 2 and a boatload of picks in previous years. Picks are not what they need. Possibly the ideal is to get a first round pick and a good player. They are desperate for quality, mature players after having their fill of young, speculative talent.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Get Lynch, and trade Pick 9 for May.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:00 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

They already have pick 2 and a boatload of picks in previous years. Picks are not what they need. Possibly the ideal is to get a first round pick and a good player. They are desperate for quality, mature players after having their fill of young, speculative talent.

You are correct they need ready-made players, but history shows they find them hard to get and retain.

As I mentioned above they will no doubt look to turn picks into players where they can.

With current draft rankings Adelaide would love pick 2 and 3 and that is a huge potential trade for GCS, eg something like 2 and 3 for Adelaide’s first and 2 players.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:03 pm

Why would they do that and make it easy for a team taking their best player?

I'd be expecting Collingwood to give up Thomas and their first pick at a minimum. Thomas is a GC native isn't he? Seems a perfect candidate for retention. That's a better deal for the Suns than pick 3.

If we allowed a destination club to take our best player for nothing I'd be more than miffed.

tbaker 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:11 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
If we allowed a destination club to take our best player for nothing I'd be more than miffed.

It's called free agency and all clubs go by the same rules. Ultimately it's the player's choice to field offers when he reaches free agent status...

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep, to put it in perspective, Raynor would go something like pick 7/8 in this draft.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:21 pm

tbaker wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

It's called free agency and all clubs go by the same rules. Ultimately it's the player's choice to field offers when he reaches free agent status...

And it's the club's choice whether they match the offer on a restricted free agent and force a trade.

Adelaide did it with Dangerfield. I'd expect us to do the same for our best player and the Suns for theirs.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:59 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Evans is ex-AFL and not stupid. He will be the main decision maker, not Evans.

EDIT: For clarification, the not being stupid was independent of being ex-AFL.

Do you mean "not Cochrane"?
K 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:02 am

It's us or Richmond, but the fact that it's Michael Gleeson of the Age, who's a Collingwood supporter, who has just released the story, suggests to me that Lynch has decided to join Collingwood.

And Jake Niall, who is also a Collingwood supporter.

They state:
"The Tigers are still regarded as the frontrunners, despite the two meetings that have been held between the Magpies and Lynch within the past fortnight, including one with the Magpies on Monday at his parents’ home in Blairgowrie. Hawthorn are viewed as a longshot."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 25 of 30   

Jump to: