Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:07 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 15.10.100
St. Kilda 10.12.72

Goals: De Goey 6, H-E, Wells, Stevo 2, Pendles, Phillips, Thomas 1,

Disposals: Sidey 38, Crisp, Pendles, Howe, Phillips 30, Shaz 26, Langdon 25, Murray, Treloar 24, Grundy 23, Adams 21, Thomas 20, Stevo 18, Appleby 16, Wells 15, H-E, Mayne 16,

Tackles: Langdon, Treloar 7

D/E: Wells 93.3%, Phillips 86.7, Crisp 85, Shaz 80.8, Langdon, Pendles 80,

AF Points: Howe 136, Grundy 134, Phillips 120, Crisp 119, Langdon 116, Sidey 110, Shaz 100, Pendles 99

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:20 am

I actually flicked over to the royal wedding at times during that game. Seriously. It was Painful to watch.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:22 am

The Pies, Buckley said last week, needed “a little bit more information” before they’d commit on a contract [to JDG] (reported by Herald Sun)
I think that the data has now been transmitted.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:24 am

Damien wrote:
I actually flicked over to the royal wedding at times during that game. Seriously. It was Painful to watch.

Laughing Laughing I was guilty of that too Damien, but I happened upon some fiery speech from an American preacher and couldn't help but smile at some of the expressions of the guests! Laughing The choir did a great rendition of "Stand By Me" though. I think that was three-quarter time! Wink
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
The Pies, Buckley said last week, needed “a little bit more information” before they’d commit on a contract [to JDG] (reported by Herald Sun)

Good point MTTM, but I want to see him really, really earn it with some more brilliant performances like tonight. He's ours for the rest of the season. If he can consistently show his worth (and he certainly has done that since coming back into the team), then I'd throw the whole box and dice at him.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:30 am

Damien wrote:

Agree. There is nothing more painful to watch than the royal parasites being the object of a media frenzy.

K 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:30 am

Really, Damien? Oh, you meant the Pies... I thought you meant the wedding...

I was told that Meghan went confidently from full-back straight up the corridor (the flanks being completely crowded), with Chucky in support, and there was perfect delivery to Harry in the goal-square.

Sure, Michael Curry went off-script in his half-time message, but the job was finished smoothly in the second half regardless.

Last edited by K on Sun May 20, 2018 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:33 am

K wrote:
Really, Damien? Oh, you meant the Pies... I thought you meant the wedding...

I was told that Meghan went confidently from full-back straight up the corridor (the flanks being completely crowded), with Chucky in support, and there was perfect delivery to Harry in the goal-square.

Sure, Michael Curry went off-script in his half-time message, but the job was finished smoothly in the second half regardless.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Love it!!!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:40 am

inxs88 wrote:
Next week’s in’s & out’s: Time to rotate, freshen up and maximise our full list:

In:

Rupert W
McLarty
Sier
Greenwood
Daicos

Out:

Fasolo (inj.)
Mason C (needs a hand operation & heart transplant)
T. Adams (awful)
Murray (time for a spell)
Appleby (rest)

Agree with this inxs88. A bit of a freshen up would be good to see.

I think though that the comments re Mason Cox could be done without. I listened to a podcast with Wayne Schwass and Fev this week. It was so interesting, but one thing Fev said was how the derogatory comments on social media really brought him down. These are real people we are commenting about, not cold-blooded statues. Hopefully, Mason can't be bothered to read forums etc, but Fev got addicted to it and was one contributing factor to his football and personal downfall at the time.

Fair enough to say that X player had a poor game, but another to attack their character.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:41 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Good point MTTM, but I want to see him really, really earn it with some more brilliant performances like tonight. He's ours for the rest of the season. If he can consistently show his worth (and he certainly has done that since coming back into the team), then I'd throw the whole box and dice at him.

Don't agree, and thought you were being sarcastic with your previous comment (that we should make him earn it).
We need to say to him now: " We believe in you Jordan. We want you on our list for the next 4 years. "

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:47 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Don't agree, and thought you were being sarcastic with your previous comment (that we should make him earn it).
We need to say to him now: " We believe in you Jordan. We want you on our list for the next 4 years. "

A month ago he might have considered a $500,000 pa contract. If I was his manager, I'd be asking for closer to $800,000 now. Confused
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:49 am

Another reason to get him now, before it becomes 1 million.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:50 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Do you think De Goey has done done enough to win the respect back from his teammates? Rolling Eyes

Seriously, the kid is the next Dusty. The club must sign him up asap.

Absolutely agree RudeBoy that he must be signed on with us going forward. However, I would make him earn him a lucrative contract well and truly, before we swooped in and offered him a deal he couldn't refuse! Laughing

Kinda hoping he has the spine to realise he was lucky to get a third chance, and repays the faith, but just in case, get the contract signed ASAP.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:58 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

No I wasn't being sarcastic MTTM. I see your point though. It certainly is a thin line on how to handle a player like Jordan. Do you make him wonder a little or do you reward him generously at the first signs of being a player who has turned the corner.

I guess I'm inclined to be a bit hard, given that he lied about the incident with his dog (I'm a dog lover
Laughing ) . The drink-driving is something anyone who enjoys a drink can fall victim to, but the lying the season before ... nup. You have to show more character and respect than that, to earn your long term future at the Pies IMHO.

Having said that, i wouldn't begrudge anyone who said f^*k what his character is like, sign him up now!!!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:03 am

Let him go to North then. They reckon he's worth $800,000 pa apparently, and we can obviously do alright without someone like him. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: