Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw it all last night !!

What it was in the past

What our good can be in the present

And what we have in the present to build on and what we ne need to aquire

A key tall and strong forward

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:57 am

An ugly win and take the four points. We must be struggling to kick the ball at the moment as we handball at every opportunity. Last year we would have lost this game, we have turned the corner as good teams play shit and still win.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am

Cox has not learned how to use / utilities his frame

Away from goal he seems to be too easily outbodied

In goal square also —think opposition coaches have worked that out and
one way to reduce that is less static but if kicking to him as a target speedily so he can on out

He in turn must present——if his style continue then maybe try something else

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:00 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Sign him. Simple as that. Cool

Absolutely agree. Losing him would be a disaster that we cannot afford. Get it done asap
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:01 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Sign him. Simple as that. Cool

Absolutely agree. Losing him would be a disaster that we cannot afford. Get it done asap
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:11 am

Langdon first game back was great. Crisp ticking along nicely, Phillips is progressing well and is still underrated by the opposition, Shaz will at some stage become an all Australian mark my words and sign JDG ASAP, he is a beast and will be the top player in the comp in a couple of years if he keeps his head straight.
Big T 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:34 am

The centre clearance situation is baffling. Grundy clearly dominant but some of the worst tapwork to opposition I have ever seen, either that or our mids aren't following instruction. But Grundys game was IMO underwhelming against pretty average opposition.

Pendles was silk, turned back the clock.

daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:45 am

Pretty ordinary game. But to win those ugly ones is good because we usually lose those. The talent of De Goey, Wells, etc gets us over the line.
I think we play better when we have no changes week to week and look settled. Unfortunately its Fasolo out this week.
We can beat the bulldogs.

ROB 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:29 am

PyreneesPie wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Next week’s in’s & out’s: Time to rotate, freshen up and maximise our full list:

In:

Rupert W
McLarty
Sier
Greenwood
Daicos

Out:

Fasolo (inj.)
Mason C (needs a hand operation & heart transplant)
T. Adams (awful)
Murray (time for a spell)
Appleby (rest)

Agree with this inxs88. A bit of a freshen up would be good to see.

I think though that the comments re Mason Cox could be done without. I listened to a podcast with Wayne Schwass and Fev this week. It was so interesting, but one thing Fev said was how the derogatory comments on social media really brought him down. These are real people we are commenting about, not cold-blooded statues. Hopefully, Mason can't be bothered to read forums etc, but Fev got addicted to it and was one contributing factor to his football and personal downfall at the time.

Fair enough to say that X player had a poor game, but another to attack their character.

Removing 2 / 3 backmen and replacing them with who out of your ins? I am not saying your comments are not valid, but the ins don't counter the outs.

E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 am

Anyone feeling really sorry for Faz? Poor guy cant take a trick.

Not sure there is a spot in the side for him by the way.

DeGoey, Stephenson and WHE are a significant upgrade on him. Wells and Varcoe up there too is pretty good. Imagine if we had a Lynch, Kennedy, Brown in there. Such a shame Moore cant string some games together.

Who knew at the start of the year that we would have stars in Scharenberg and DeGoey and Darcy Moore would be the top level recruit struggling to justify his spot in the draft order.

My final thought. Scharenberg is going to be the best in the league at what he does. His ability to read the ball and take a strong mark (or otherwise nullify the play), is brilliant!! Can we call him elite?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:00 am

E wrote:
Anyone feeling really sorry for Faz? Poor guy cant take a trick.

Not sure there is a spot in the side for him by the way.

DeGoey, Stephenson and WHE are a significant upgrade on him. Wells and Varcoe up there too is pretty good. Imagine if we had a Lynch, Kennedy, Brown in there. Such a shame Moore cant string some games together.

Who knew at the start of the year that we would have stars in Scharenberg and DeGoey and Darcy Moore would be the top level recruit struggling to justify his spot in the draft order.

My final thought. Scharenberg is going to be the best in the league at what he does. His ability to read the ball and take a strong mark (or otherwise nullify the play), is brilliant!! Can we call him elite?

Yep, you've got to feel for poor Faz. I suspect he'll struggle to play another senior game for us.

However, the fact that Blair and Fasolo are now effectively surplus to requirements, demonstrates the improvement in our side this year. I suggest that Adams better get on his bike pretty damn fast, or he could well find himself in the same category.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:03 am

Some people simply have a to higher expectation of this team. You can’t play at 100% capacity for 100% of a long season. Just look at Geelong.
Right now it’s about banking wins and ladder position, not looking pretty and worrying about a few ugly turnovers that seem to get highlighted more than the 4 points.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:16 am

My main takeaways from that game were:

Mayne’s second good game - loved his pressure.

De Goey is important. With Faz down I think we send Sidey forward and bring in a mid.

Cox - like a duck out of water. How can you get your hands to the ball so often and not mark?

Phillips is a jet.

Despite some end-of-game numbers making it look better than it has been, we have been smashed in clearances (particularly centre clearances) when the game is there to be won. Hard to fathom.

I love that the VFL boys are being made to earn a spot, but I suspect we will see Sier and Wills shortly. I see Mihocek played forward so that is probably a stop-gap measure the coaches are looking at for AFL level.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:18 am

A few of you are judging Grundy quite harshly. He had 42 hitouts (more than two thirds of all hitouts in the game), performed 14 pressure acts, had 9 score involvements (only WHE and Pendles had more), 10 contested possessions (only Sidebottom and Howe had more), took 3 contested marks (and 7 marks in total), gained 383 metres (only Crisp, Howe and Pendles gained more), effected 6 clearances (our best was 7) and had 23 disposals in total. I accept that it would be better if the midfield could take advantage of his dominance and incredibly mobile physical presence but it is unbelievable that so many of you couldn't manage to get him anywhere in our best five. He is the most influential big man in the competition - and he demonstrated it, again, last night.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
A few of you are judging Grundy quite harshly. He had 42 hitouts (more than two thirds of all hitouts in the game), performed 14 pressure acts, had 9 score involvements (only WHE and Pendles had more), 10 contested possessions (only Sidebottom and Howe had more), took 3 contested marks (and 7 marks in total), gained 383 metres (only Crisp, Howe and Pendles gained more), effected 6 clearances (our best was 7) and had 23 disposals in total. I accept that it would be better if the midfield could take advantage of his dominance and incredibly mobile physical presence but it is unbelievable that so many of you couldn't manage to get him anywhere in our best five. He is the most influential big man in the competition - and he demonstrated it, again, last night.

Right now the hit outs are irrelevant because we get no advantage from them ... that may be his fault or the mids’ fault, but there is massive room for improvement in the way Grundy and the mids combine. Grundy has otherwise been awesome this season and should be All Australian.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: