Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies4shaw wrote:
A few of you are judging Grundy quite harshly. He had 42 hitouts (more than two thirds of all hitouts in the game), performed 14 pressure acts, had 9 score involvements (only WHE and Pendles had more), 10 contested possessions (only Sidebottom and Howe had more), took 3 contested marks (and 7 marks in total), gained 383 metres (only Crisp, Howe and Pendles gained more), effected 6 clearances (our best was 7) and had 23 disposals in total. I accept that it would be better if the midfield could take advantage of his dominance and incredibly mobile physical presence but it is unbelievable that so many of you couldn't manage to get him anywhere in our best five. He is the most influential big man in the competition - and he demonstrated it, again, last night.

Absolutely spot on. Grundy is a beast every damn week these days. Yes, his tap outs don't go to team mates a lot of the times, but I blame our low IQ mids for not being at the drop more than Grundy for that. I have him in our best all the time because he is always dominant and last night he was again superb. Great call. He will be the AFL #1 AA ruckman as long as CFC bias is ignored.

MONCO: Your life.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:29 pm

piedys wrote:
Damien wrote:
I actually flicked over to the royal wedding at times during that game. Seriously. It was Painful to watch.

Damo, much conjecture as to which of the two painful broadcasts you were referring to! Laughing

I can only comment on the AFL game [or Shitfest '18, I've named it].
For the easily pleased, yes indulge yourself in the victory, and soak up the win; no qualms from me.
For the rest of us, it was a 2 hour colonoscopy, minus the lubricant.

If we are talking about effort, yes it was sufficient to get the 4 points.
If we are talking about disposal standard, it was without a doubt, our most inept showing since round one against Whorethorn. Losing Fasolo didn't help rotations, but the rust was evident, and his influence very minimal.

The missed targets by hand and foot, and kicks to nowhere by experienced players were literally horrifying.
I'm sick to death of watching every centre bounce and players making out like they are trying to move a fvcking brick, fumble it, while the opposition take possession, break a weak tackle effort, and advance inside F50.
Don't get me started on the going backwards shit too; I'd had an absolute gutful of that in 2017. You just know it is inevitable that one of our many talented ball slaughtering fvck-up merchants will after a minute or so, turn the pill over to the opposition, for a cheap out the back goal.
I'd suggest a couple of senior players are going to find themselves quite unexpectedly dew-kicking in the VFL next week, and if that is the case, I have precious little sympathy for them.
And if Blair gets selected in their place, well, I couldn't care less.

Be grateful Melbourne didn't fight to retain Howe and Dunn, as we'd be totally up shit creek on a weekly basis without them down there.
JDG was the only real difference between the two teams tonight; and that is just unacceptable.

So, Footscray next week, again at this utter abortion of a cow paddock.
Ignore their scoreboard against the crows; they'll pass that haflway through the first quarter next week while our mids stand around like Brown's cows.
Bevo's coaching record against Buckley is evident, so nobody be disappointed if we serve up the same tripe as tonight, and get run all over.

Good summary Dyso. That was My sentiment exactly. Hence why at every break when I went downstairs to Visit my missus who’d been banished to the second TV, I didn’t rush back each time. We hate Etihad, that’s for sure. And what looked like 4 points v the dogs a month ago now looks like a big mountain to climb.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:59 pm

You have to wonder about the surface at Etihad.... there seemed to be a lot of slips and fumbles of ordinary looking balls. Of course, that might be about the class of some of the players.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:04 pm

piedys wrote:
Damien wrote:
I actually flicked over to the royal wedding at times during that game. Seriously. It was Painful to watch.

Damo, much conjecture as to which of the two painful broadcasts you were referring to! Laughing

I can only comment on the AFL game [or Shitfest '18, I've named it].
For the easily pleased, yes indulge yourself in the victory, and soak up the win; no qualms from me.
For the rest of us, it was a 2 hour colonoscopy, minus the lubricant.

If we are talking about effort, yes it was sufficient to get the 4 points.
If we are talking about disposal standard, it was without a doubt, our most inept showing since round one against Whorethorn. Losing Fasolo didn't help rotations, but the rust was evident, and his influence very minimal.

The missed targets by hand and foot, and kicks to nowhere by experienced players were literally horrifying.
I'm sick to death of watching every centre bounce and players making out like they are trying to move a fvcking brick, fumble it, while the opposition take possession, break a weak tackle effort, and advance inside F50.
Don't get me started on the going backwards shit too; I'd had an absolute gutful of that in 2017. You just know it is inevitable that one of our many talented ball slaughtering fvck-up merchants will after a minute or so, turn the pill over to the opposition, for a cheap out the back goal.
I'd suggest a couple of senior players are going to find themselves quite unexpectedly dew-kicking in the VFL next week, and if that is the case, I have precious little sympathy for them.
And if Blair gets selected in their place, well, I couldn't care less.

Be grateful Melbourne didn't fight to retain Howe and Dunn, as we'd be totally up shit creek on a weekly basis without them down there.
JDG was the only real difference between the two teams tonight; and that is just unacceptable.

So, Footscray next week, again at this utter abortion of a cow paddock.
Ignore their scoreboard against the crows; they'll pass that haflway through the first quarter next week while our mids stand around like Brown's cows.
Bevo's coaching record against Buckley is evident, so nobody be disappointed if we serve up the same tripe as tonight, and get run all over.

Ok three things.

1) I was knocked out for my colonoscopy, so this talk of lube etc sounds like a different colon experience. They could have infiltrated me with a broomhandle and I would have been none the wiser. But I digress Wink

2) We have had many benchmark-pivotal-are-we-better-than-2017 games and here is another one. Hawthorn cross Carlton tick, Essendon tick, Saints tick. It's a 50/50 proposition at the moment, and Etihad should make the Dogs slightly confident.

3) Our team performed better with Crocker-Brown-Maynard than Mayne-Adams. Perhaps its better to conserve their younger bodies and use older ones to get us through May/June... but I doubt it. Its not about individual traits its about how they utilise specific things that had put us on a different plane to the past.

Random: Fasolo - who knows but possibly done. Wells - sublime but how many games will we get out of him. Moore - possibly back related looking at his posture, stay off the xbox or get an ergonomic chair. De Goey - will be interested to see how he gets targeted in coming games and how he responds. Blair - play him in the middle or don't play him at all. Daicos, Sier, Wills, McLarty - maybe its time for one or two of them to have a run in the ones. Appleby - time for a rest if a replacement is available.

Pendlebury - such a joy to watch when he has the ball, gives you more confidence than new Blundstones.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:04 pm

Mugwump wrote:
You have to wonder about the surface at Etihad.... there seemed to be a lot of slips and fumbles of ordinary looking balls. Of course, that might be about the class of some of the players.

And big divots too. It’s a crap surface. Always has been always will. And next week is a HOME game for us. That sucks.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:13 pm

^ The Fas injury showed up another AFL problem. The rules say that you may tackle to “retard” a player. That does not include throwing him to the ground when he has been dispossessed of the ball. That should be a free kick, period. The expansion of the idea of tackling to include decking the player with the ball has been a blight on the game and it’s the cause of way too many of the injuries that increasingly blight the game.

The rule should be changed to reflect the original intent, and the idea of the sling tackle enlarged to bar intentional throwing of a player to the ground.

I don’t go to the football to watch good players renedered unable to play because of unnecessary tackles.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Nathan Browne on the Channel 9 Footy Show just speculating that JDG is harbouring resentment at the way he was treated by Collingwood after his indiscretions and that is why he is delaying signing. Obviously trying to sow panic amongst Collingwood supporters.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 pm

On a slightly different note whilst I was watching a replay I noticed all players had on the neckline of their jumpers (rear of jumper with CFC) a lump like thing

Is it a tracking device inserted into jumper ❓❓

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:28 pm

BazBoy wrote:
On a slightly different note whilst I was watching a replay I noticed all players had on the neckline of their jumpers (rear of jumper with CFC) a lump like thing

Is it a tracking device inserted into jumper ❓❓

Yes

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Nathan Browne on the Channel 9 Footy Show just speculating that JDG is harbouring resentment at the way he was treated by Collingwood after his indiscretions and that is why he is delaying signing. Obviously trying to sow panic amongst Collingwood supporters.

Nathan browne is a patronising shit.

www.facebook/the hybernators
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:33 pm

Thanks on that tracking device acknowledgement

Obviously distance covered over a game —-what others I wonder

Heart rate /blood pressure/oxygen usage ❓❓❓

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

I assume that Brown has no more knowledge about that than the set of us and is trying to justify having a tv camera pointed at his reptilian face. Who are we playing next week? Remind me.

Assuming that he wants to stay, why would de Goey re sign now? He is one of the few shining lights at the club and is in a red hot form streak which means that he is now living up to the hype about his potential. His value is increasing with each passing week. If I was advising him I would be seeking expressions of interest from every other club before making a decision and using that information to squeeze the club. His manager would be a fool not to be providing that advice. His manager is not a fool.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Disappointing that Nat would come out with disparaging statement when Collingwood stuck with him on two knee injuries

You think you know a person who always was the good type of bloke

Live and learn eh!

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:44 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:

I’d love to keep him, but in a sense most of his value is now in the bank. The disaster is when you give up a player with potential, but get limited value because “it is only potential” ; and then they turn into an A-grader somewhere else. Moore could be such a case, of course.

In JDG’s case, however, we have acquired and developed an A-grade player. If he wishes to leave, as long as we get an A-grade player in return or multiple high draft picks, then so be it. He might turn into an A++ grader (and I suspect he will), but I think he’d trade at close to a fair price now.

I think we got him and Crisp for the Beams trade (or was it Thomas?). Either way, man, that trade looks good now. JDG alone is twice the player Beams or Thomas have been since traded.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:53 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Thanks on that tracking device acknowledgement

Obviously distance covered over a game —-what others I wonder

Heart rate /blood pressure/oxygen usage ❓❓❓

Good question but I don’t know the answer to it.

I assume that there is satellite connectivity which would provide distance covered, speed at each point and a complete running map, the same as cycling computers such as Garmin, Bryson and Polar provide.

Cycling computers require a method to collect and record heart rate data which is normally done with a transmitter that is contained in a strap which wraps around the chest and takes its reading from the chest, not from the back. It transmits that information to a small handlebar mounted computer or wristwatch computer which then transmits to the satellite. That computer would be the equivalent to the lump in the guernsey. After the event the information can be downloaded and reviewed. That has been occurring in the cycling world for at least 15 years.

Cycling computers can be paired with power meters as well, showing watts being generated on the bike.

Do the players have chest straps as well?. I have seen them wearing them at training over summer when they are shirtless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: