Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:54 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

BazBoy wrote:
Disappointing that Nat would come out with disparaging statement when Collingwood stuck with him on two knee injuries

You think you know a person who always was the good type of bloke

Live and learn eh!

Not sure if you're taking the you know what?

But it's another Nathan Brown.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 2:55 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Disappointing that Nat would come out with disparaging statement when Collingwood stuck with him on two knee injuries

You think you know a person who always was the good type of bloke

Live and learn eh!

I assumed you were talking about Brown the media performer not the StKilda Brown.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Oh sorry am I wrong—I thought Nat was interviewed

Sorry if I put him down

The media Brown well he would give his granma up

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:24 pm

Cam wrote:

Pendlebury - such a joy to watch when he has the ball, gives you more confidence than new Blundstones.

These are the only moments when I breathe a sigh of relief. When Pendles has the ball for those 3 or 4 seconds I feel at peace.

MONCO: Your life.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:29 pm

And Pendles does it with a not so big ( not suggest he is small) body

He doesn’t need the dash of Danger nor the power of Dusty

He uses intelligence and clear thinking

Yep gr8 to see him back

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:11 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Nathan Browne on the Channel 9 Footy Show just speculating that JDG is harbouring resentment at the way he was treated by Collingwood after his indiscretions and that is why he is delaying signing. Obviously trying to sow panic amongst Collingwood supporters.

I’d love to keep him, but in a sense most of his value is now in the bank. The disaster is when you give up a player with potential, but get limited value because “it is only potential” ; and then they turn into an A-grader somewhere else. Moore could be such a case, of course.

In JDG’s case, however, we have acquired and developed an A-grade player. If he wishes to leave, as long as we get an A-grade player in return or multiple high draft picks, then so be it. He might turn into an A++ grader (and I suspect he will), but I think he’d trade at close to a fair price now.

I think we got him and Crisp for the Beams trade (or was it Thomas?). Either way, man, that trade looks good now. JDG alone is twice the player Beams or Thomas have been since traded.

sick of playing safe, and going for the vanilla, we need to lock JDG away, and make damn sure there is a goodish boy thing in his contract!

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

PlYingn sage and vanilla is the Buckley mantra.
SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:19 pm

The media still craps on about JDG's off field indiscretions at every turn and it drives me crazy. Tempest in a teacup. I never thought he did anything that bad and a much bigger deal was made of it than necessary. Jeez, compared to the rat pack, he's a damn saint!! I wish they'd shut up about him earning back respect etc, FFS, a bit dramatic if you ask me.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:24 pm

This was a decent performance. Finishing off like we should have in the last could have elevated it to good. Still, in an even comp any win is important. See Cats/Bombers.

I don't think we really had any standout player. Sidebottom was probably our best. De Goey? Good outcomes, but the play itself wasn't too great. More like a Ronche performance I thought. Didn't really hold many of his contested marks.

In the middle Pendles and Steele were both very good. Adams again disappointing - should be banned from ever kicking inboard.

Down back both Howe and Crisp were excellent again and Dunn was reliable.

The injury to Fas was a real shame.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 pm

Agree get off his case and put that s-;,t where it belongs—yesterday

He is playing X factor roll that earns respect—well it should and if he ruffles feathers off the park he sure as hell won’t be only player

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Pretty ordinary game to watch, other than the 3rd quarter. The last quarter was probably the worst quarter of football I've ever seen.

In the past few years we would have dropped this game, but we found a way to win.

Thank God for De Goey - its time to cut the crap & sign him on a 4 year contract right now. This bloke will be a gun.

Lets not kid ourselves, we wont be doing a Richmond this year, but we have improved on the last couple of seasons, and I think we will keep improving. I think if we can keep winning these games that we should win, we will sneak into the last couple of spots in the 8 - I think a final or 2 would do the world of good for some of our younger players.

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Good news is that our worst still keeps us in games. That's a silver lining right there.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:17 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
This was a decent performance. Finishing off like we should have in the last could have elevated it to good. Still, in an even comp any win is important. See Cats/Bombers.

I don't think we really had any standout player. Sidebottom was probably our best. De Goey? Good outcomes, but the play itself wasn't too great. More like a Ronche performance I thought. Didn't really hold many of his contested marks.

In the middle Pendles and Steele were both very good. Adams again disappointing - should be banned from ever kicking inboard.

Down back both Howe and Crisp were excellent again and Dunn was reliable.

The injury to Fas was a real shame.

Kicked 6 goals out of a total of 14 goals. That's a match winning performance and I'd be surprised if he's not awarded the maximum 10 votes in the coach's award.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Well that was a frustrating game to watch. Any decent team would have brushed us aside. We went back to the tentative, no-confidence, backwards/sideways football that has been the Buck's theme for so long. Don't know who to blame, but when our one big forward lopes around and attacks the ball like a wet lettuce, then just forget it.
Have to admit we got a good run from the umps. We'll pay for that in coming weeks though. Nothing is surer.
What a horrid ground Etihad is.

Thoughts on some players from yesterday:

Appleby needs a rest..we're leaking goals through him at the moment.
Fas - suspect he just doesn't have the raw speed and power he needs to allow him to play the forward pressue game. Took 30mins to get a touch and he got bronxed. I hope that wasn't Pies fans.
Treloar is a gun but I've noticed him fumbling a lot recently.
Grundy - Who's our ruck coach? Whoever it is, he needs to explain the Grundy tap-outs business. It's comedy capers.
Wells - even when he's fat he's betteer than most of our side.
JDG - the media are over-hyping him on purpose. They have so far sold him to about 6 clubs. Did Jordy say he wants to leave? Brayshaw and King want him at North. Please...
Sidey - what's with the right-foot OOB on the full? He's done a few of those this year. seems more free kicking on his left.
Crisp, Thomas, PHillips - love their improvement this year.
Cox - someone needs to tell him to play with aggression. Those dropped chest marks were just slack. Brown was bumping him off-balance in aerial contests. Is that allowed? Doesn't the ball have to be within 5metres? I think we need to look more into this and book a meeting with Goggle-eyes.
The solution is that he identifies the drop-zone and attacks it with power. It needs to be a team plan. You just can't kick it on top of his head.
Langdon is important for us.
Varcs - gives us great contest, fast, smart player but for some reason goes missing for large periods. I still like what he brings.
Adams - his kicking is shizenhousen. There's no use practising a shit technique. The coaches need to explain this. If they are resigned to the fact that he'll always kick like that, then just move him on now. North may pick him up, and we can get back our 2nd round draft pick.

I"d like to see all of Sier, Murphy, Daicos, Wills, McLarty get a chance this year.
Sier and Daicos can start next week. Be bold Pies.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:45 pm

Interesting game. I suppose it's a good sign that we won reasonably comfortably despite subpar games from Treloar, Sidebottom, Pendlebury and Adams (by their own standards).

Phillips has come along in leaps and bounds and was probably our best tonight.

Appleby could use a spell. He's got potential but he's leaking goals and we don't need him, Howe, Scharenberg and Langdon in the same team.

Cox had his worst game for a while, but we don't really have any other options.

De Goey and Stephenson will be guns pretty soon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: