Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Saints - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
This was a decent performance. Finishing off like we should have in the last could have elevated it to good. Still, in an even comp any win is important. See Cats/Bombers.

and Lions/Hawks - shows how lucky we were to escape

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:36 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
This was a decent performance. Finishing off like we should have in the last could have elevated it to good. Still, in an even comp any win is important. See Cats/Bombers.

I don't think we really had any standout player. Sidebottom was probably our best. De Goey? Good outcomes, but the play itself wasn't too great. More like a Ronche performance I thought. Didn't really hold many of his contested marks.

In the middle Pendles and Steele were both very good. Adams again disappointing - should be banned from ever kicking inboard.

Down back both Howe and Crisp were excellent again and Dunn was reliable.

The injury to Fas was a real shame.

Kicked 6 goals out of a total of 14 goals. That's a match winning performance and I'd be surprised if he's not awarded the maximum 10 votes in the coach's award.

Sure. But in the modern game goals, just like disposals, need to be taken in context.

Ronche's performance wasn't that of a superstar when he kicked 7 last week. Most of those were just goals of circumstance which most players would have kicked.

De Goey's performance was better than that, but not massively. Got a free kick or two, a simple goal over the top, one good mark where he did just enough to be paid and two nice finishes. I felt his game against Brisbane was better. No one was clunking marks in our forward line yesterday, De Goey included.

And he may well get the 10 votes as I don't think anyone else really stood out either.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 pm

JDG didn’t miss a goal. Not one snap, or set shot.

In today’s game, that’s BOG worthy in my book.

6.0 is a BOG performance. He still has to make space, read the play, find himself in those situations. Don’t underestimate that sort of thing, otherwise Blair, Mayne, and others would be slotting bags weekly.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:08 pm

^^Missed one. Didn't make the distance from about 40m.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:14 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

6.0 is a BOG performance. He still has to make space, read the play, find himself in those situations. Don’t underestimate that sort of thing, otherwise Blair, Mayne, and others would be slotting bags weekly.

No-one else has been able to kick a bag of 6 goals. In fact, in the entire career of Travis Cloke, he was only able to kick 6 on a small number of occasions, and never more than that.

JDG has now kicked a bag of 5 and a bag of 6 this year. I'm pretty sure I heard a commentator say there was only one other player in the entire AFL who has done that so far.
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:27 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
JDG has now kicked a bag of 5 and a bag of 6 this year. I'm pretty sure I heard a commentator say there was only one other player in the entire AFL who has done that so far.

Well, such stats may mean something but not everything. For example, there was only one player other than WHE who was in a position to kick a goal in every match in the first 9 rounds. (I don't know whether he subsequently did, or whether WHE is now the sole player.)
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:37 pm

K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Well, such stats may mean something but not everything. For example, there was only one player other than WHE who was in a position to kick a goal in every match in the first 9 rounds. (I don't know whether he subsequently did, or whether WHE is now the sole player.)

Goals are hard to kick. Regular multiple goal kickers are worth their weight in gold. That's why Peter Daicos declared that signing JDG should be our club's top priority, above signing any other player.
K 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:49 pm

It does look like small forwards may be taking over AFL forward lines.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

No-one else has been able to kick a bag of 6 goals. In fact, in the entire career of Travis Cloke, he was only able to kick 6 on a small number of occasions, and never more than that.

Ben Brown. 1 x 6 goals, 2 x 5 goals Very good company .... nearly.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Goals are hard to kick. Regular multiple goal kickers are worth their weight in gold. That's why Peter Daicos declared that signing JDG should be our club's top priority, above signing any other player.

Totally agree, it’s why so many of us have been crying out for a genuine KPP for the last few drafts!

We need to sign him up pronto, don’t play games just get it done. Instead of him being grumpy about what happened, maybe, just maybe, he’s seen the error of his ways, that does happen ya know guys! Certainly more than a few team members would have been pissed off at his stunt.

E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:30 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:

yes he did. its just that his misses were really bad so didn't register as behinds.

Didn't you see him mark 40 metres out in the last quarter and stuff up his chance to kick goal number 7. Just because Cox got his hands on it meant it was scored a rushed behind.

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Some goals are now not at all hard to kick and De Goey had a few of those yesterday.

Thomas and Stephenson have also kicked 5 goals this year.

De Goey's a very good player and we definitely will want to sign him, he'd be a big loss if we didn't. His game yesterday was good but nothing extraordinary and not his best of the year. Not all 5+ goal games are equal. No one's rushing to give Ronche Buddy money for example.

E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:36 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
K wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Rudey, you and i have been saying this for a long long time. DeGoey might already be our best player.

What a shame the magpie morality police ruined the start of the season by over-reacting to his indiscretion this year (which amounted to an error in judgment - didnt drive to the party, but on returning home, mistakenly thought he had sobered up enough to drive). without that, we might have signed him up already and be delighted at the bargain he turned out to be.

Instead, nearly everyone here wanted him traded. Sad misjudgment.

i bet if the club announced a 4 year $600 per year deal at the start of the season, you all would have been howling.

It seems we dont want to pay overs (ever) and we don't want the club to sign a player too early in case its a mistake. As someone who does deals for a living, if you dont snag an early bargain, AND you don't outbid the market for known quality, there isn't really much left.......

The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:54 pm

Now DeGoey was great

But I was excited about how good was the captain and how good was Wells

I love watching Steele but I nearly fell off my chair when I read he had 38 possessions. I thought he was ineffective.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:40 pm

^ yeah, not enough love for Wells’game. He didn’t get that much of it, but when he does, he is Pendles-like in his class. That first goal he kicked was a work of art. The smother he made in the second quarter which led to DeGoey’s second goal showed a football brain that just thinks a quarter second faster than most others. I wish we could have the start of his career, but he’s a delight to watch. He and Elliott, if we ever see them together, will be the pillars of an a-grade forward line. If....

Last edited by Mugwump on Mon May 21, 2018 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10   

Jump to: