Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:36 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

if Tay Adams doesn’t come up Sier right in for mine
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:36 am

Why are we playing our home game at their venue?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:37 am

masoncox wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Out: Fasolo, Cox (gave us little last week and absolutely nothing tonight)

In: Wills/Sier, McLarty

Cox to stay.
Brings the ball to ground everytime.
Always has 2 or 3 on him so other players are free.
Wasn't bad on the ground last night.
Yes, he needs to hold those marks.
One day he will.

He needs to spend all week practising chest marking. That was glaring. I love the boy, but every time it goes to him in general play your heart is in your mouth.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun May 20, 2018 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:40 am

swoop42 wrote:
Out:Fasolo, Mayne (15 metres gained, 15!)
In:McLarty, Sier

Varcoe (8 disposals, 5 tackles, 0 goals) and Cox (9 disposals, 2 marks, 0 goals) have had 2 quiet weeks and need to do more.

The pass mark for both is lower than afforded to others like a Blair or the former player White IMO.

if you are going to judge every player by one stat, may i point out that DeGoey and Sidebottom got zero hitouts!! ZERO!

The meters gained stat is a really important one for assessing the game of guys like Phillips and Murray (and to a lesser extent Scharenberg and Howe). It is of zero importance to the game of Chris Mayne.

Mayne was really good against the Saints. Really good. His pack work, link play and general hardness at the ball was pretty valuable. Certainly saved numerous goal scoring chances (you cant say goals against the saints because they can fu$ck up even the simplest of goal scoring chances - man i'm glad i'm not a saints fan!).

E 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 am

i agree that Cox was essentially useless tonight, and we certainly dont need him next week against the dogs who dont really have a first ruck, much less a second ruck.

Having said that, even when he is doing nothing, he is doing some nice little things that go unnoticed, and the opposition definitely has to have a plan to stop him, which makes him a great decoy for the likes of WHE, De Goey and Stephenson. I think those three have a much harder time if you put a player in there that the opposition can largely ignore. I think he likely stays (but wouldnt be shocked if he was dropped). Is Reid ready to return? Is McLarty ready to be a focal point. I wish we had one of Brown/Lynch/Kennedy.

How far away are and Maynard? Murray might need a rest soon. he is playing pretty disheveled footy at the minute. Appleby has been good but not great as well. Maynard would definitely take one of their spots if he was ready to return.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:46 am

I’m with you E as at seasons commence and with Moore and Reid I saw not much chance for Mayne but he is holding down his spot in mid forward area

Not with exhilarating play but hard work and excellent team linking

Certainly not a passenger—more like out pushing the bus

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:52 am

Mugwump wrote:
In : Reid, Sier, Greenwood

Out : Fasolo, Murray, Appleby

Greenwood was OK in the VFL yesterday, playing in defence, but Murphy was outstanding.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Just a diversion as Cox,y on Game Day talked on USA sports and big clubs there have their on planes
He said his college basketball side had private jet

Wonder will we be first AFL club to have one

Just a bit of fun

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:27 pm

How old are you?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 pm

I sometimes think it would be a good idea to have a kind of reverse Gavin Brown medal on here. Who were the five players who contributed least to the side in a game ?

This is not to be social-media cruel (though that’s a reason not to institutionalise it on here), but it would help to point out those players who may need to be replaced if we are to become a top four side.

Last night the lower-end players seemed to be Mason Cox, Sam Murray, Flynn
Appleby, Josh Thomas and the luckless Fas. I am not naming them because they are poor footballers, but because they may stand between us and greatness as a side. They’re th selection question marks after this game.. Taylor Adams was lucky not to make it onto the list, especially with that regulation Adams gift pass to the oppo in the middle.

McLarty is probably the Cox replacement, at least until Mason learns to take a chest mark.
Sier or Greenwood are probably the Thomas replacement
Maynard or Murphy (who apparently played a blinder in the magoos) can replace Murray
Reid to replace Fas.

Appleby is a development prospect, and I think he’s going to get better as his confidence rises, so I’d keep pumping games into him - if only because we need a standby mid-tall defender until Moore can recover. Flynn seems a little nervous and intense, but I suspect he has what it takes.

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Mugwump wrote:
I sometimes think it would be a good idea to have a kind of reverse Gavin Brown medal on here. Who were the five players who contributed least to the side in a game ?

This is not to be social-media cruel (though that’s a reason not to institutionalise it on here), but it would help to point out those players who may need to be replaced if we are to become a top four side.

Appleby, Josh Thomas and the luckless Fas. I am not naming them because they are poor footballers, but because they may stand between us and greatness as a side. They’re th selection question marks after this game.. Taylor Adams was lucky not to make it onto the list, especially with that regulation Adams gift pass to the oppo in the middle.

I suspect they are giving Appleby a decent chance because we don't have a very close checking backman who can mind a hugely talented forward. Appleby was recruited on the basis he had the skills and mindset to play that role.

McLarty is probably the Cox replacement, at least until Mason learns to take a chest mark.
Maynard or Murphy (who apparently played a blinder in the magoos) can replace Murray
Reid to replace Fas.

Appleby is a development prospect, and I think he’s going to get better as his confidence rises, so I’d keep pumping games into him - if only because we need a standby mid-tall defender until Moore can recover. Flynn seems a little nervous and intense, but I suspect he has what it takes.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:24 pm

The Bont is the prototype of midfielder (like Danger and Dusty) tall talented & big body

We have one or two we will let loose —-reckon it’s time

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:02 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Just a diversion as Cox,y on Game Day talked on USA sports and big clubs there have their on planes
He said his college basketball side had private jet

Wonder will we be first AFL club to have one

Just a bit of fun

well college basketball generates a shit load of income!

https://zoefin.com/2018/03/15/are-the-lack-of-college-basketball-player-salaries-madness/

and the dudes who own the big NBA teams like to keep colleges happy so they get the line on the best players, and some of those guys make Trump look poor. Here you are guys, use my surplus jet!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:04 pm

BazBoy wrote:
The Bont is the prototype of midfielder (like Danger and Dusty) tall talented & big body

We have one or two we will let loose —-reckon it’s time

we will no pretty quick how this will go i reckon, as soon as someone if anyone lines him up. he is the 1st key for sure.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Reid to replace Fas.

nope hate the idea. you want to put a mark against a player who got hurt because an opposition player trapped his leg?

Wayne harmes was out, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind, but all the record books tell you is we lost. by 5 or 500, doesnt matter, we lost.

also no doubt it turns into a full scale social media beat down! Jarrad Blair, cmon down, though it seems to be Langdon this year!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11   

Jump to: