Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I will put a mark against a player who got hurt because an opposition player trapped his leg.
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:38 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
In: Sier, Murphy, McLarty

Out: Cox, Appleby, Thomas

what he said.

its time to replace good form with stale, non performers.
my biggest gripe however is dumb footballers followed by pussies.
so the other two who I would like to drop because of the reasons above
would be Adams and Mayne. Both those two hacks are simply replaceable
and need to be.

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 4:42 pm

It is about that time now.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

masoncox wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Out: Fasolo, Cox (gave us little last week and absolutely nothing tonight)

In: Wills/Sier, McLarty

Cox to stay.
Brings the ball to ground everytime.
Always has 2 or 3 on him so other players are free.
Wasn't bad on the ground last night.
Yes, he needs to hold those marks.
One day he will.

Agree with you masoncox, it wasn't one of Cox's better games marking wise but everything else was good. Have a another look at what he does off the ball Rudeboy, pressures shepherds and his usual taps to space and advantage some good handballing with excellent timing. I'd like to see McLarty out there as well, his time will come.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Mason works on the theory “it ain’t over till it’s over” and even when not catching the pill he makes every effort to keep it going fwd —and until a Ben Boyd or Tom Lynch type comes along he is our best bet

The sweet patch was when he and Reid were the tall go to—he’s doing it on his pat malone

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:28 pm

As we often see, the same exact team can be a bit Jeckell and Hyde as with Essendon yesterday. I wouldn't be dropping players willy nilly based on looking at stat sheets alone. And I don't think it's smart to drop players the second they have a quiet game. Unsettles the side to do that. The idea is one week a player has a blinder then the following week, somebody else steps up. Not everyone can dominate at the exact same time in each and every game. That being said, I think Adams has taken a huge step back this year. He was in everything most weeks last season. Now he's hardly sighted.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:31 pm

Hopefully the practise run at Docklands will do us good. Another must win game.

I'd expect minimal changes:

in: Reid
out: Fasolo (inj)

Would like to replace Appleby but we don't really have an option atm and keeping the defence settled is the better option.

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:34 pm

The changes may depend on whether Reid is ready or not - I think they may be conservative with him and maybe bring him back for Freo.

I dont think we will make too many unforced changes. Not sure what to make of Cox, it could be time for a spell in the 2nds but I've got a feeling he will keep his spot. I'd drop Adams for Wills, but I know that wont happen.

Out: Faz, Appelby

In Sier, Murphy

SwansWay 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:35 pm

How about Mihocek for Appleby? I haven't seen much of Brody but from what I've read he sounds like he's playing well in the VFL.
Doc63 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:37 pm

SwansWay wrote:
How about Mihocek for Appleby? I haven't seen much of Brody but from what I've read he sounds like he's playing well in the VFL.

Started forward yesterday, but looked more at home when he went back after half time.

Yeah, I'd be happy with him coming in for Appleby.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:43 pm

Some one said we would have lost that in years past but we found a way to play our brand of footy —and further don’t think we will do a Richmond

On that I agree with the findings of Stevo , Flynn and Murray and some of the best talent as yet untapped in two,s were are up up and away next year

A ruck to join Grundy (Lynch)
A gr8 hardnut and good footballer (Murphy)
Two certain to be mid monster,s (Wills & Sier)

Still like a finals berth but I am very happy with improvements

HAL 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Some may one said we would lost that in years past but we found a way to play our brand of footy —and don’t think we will do a Richmond On that he or she agree with the findings of Stevo Flynn and Murray and some of the best talent untapped in twos were up up and away next year A ruck to join Grundy Lynch A gr8 hardnut and good footballer Murphy Two certain to be mid monsters Wills Sier Still like a finals berth but he or she is happy with improvements are up up and away next year A ruck to join Grundy Lynch A gr8 hardnut and good footballer Murphy Two certain to be mid monsters Wills Sier Still like a finals berth but he or she is, but not all.
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:49 pm

The Bont is a challenge because of his size but they also have the form midfielder of the competition. Get on him for the Brownlow.
The names, Macrae..... Jack Macrae
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:05 pm

SwansWay wrote:

Mihocek is probably our best back up in case of an injury to Dunn. He's a strong lad who plays man on man and is great overhead. However, he isn't particularly fast.

Murphy however, is quick and mobile like Appleby, but looks taller and is as hard as a cats head.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:06 pm

think positive wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
I sometimes think it would be a good idea to have a kind of reverse Gavin Brown medal on here. Who were the five players who contributed least to the side in a game ?

This is not to be social-media cruel (though that’s a reason not to institutionalise it on here), but it would help to point out those players who may need to be replaced if we are to become a top four side.

Last night the lower-end players seemed to be Mason Cox, Sam Murray, Flynn
Appleby, Josh Thomas and the luckless Fas. I am not naming them because they are poor footballers, but because they may stand between us and greatness as a side. They’re th selection question marks after this game.. Taylor Adams was lucky not to make it onto the list, especially with that regulation Adams gift pass to the oppo in the middle.

McLarty is probably the Cox replacement, at least until Mason learns to take a chest mark.
Sier or Greenwood are probably the Thomas replacement
Maynard or Murphy (who apparently played a blinder in the magoos) can replace Murray
Reid to replace Fas.

Appleby is a development prospect, and I think he’s going to get better as his confidence rises, so I’d keep pumping games into him - if only because we need a standby mid-tall defender until Moore can recover. Flynn seems a little nervous and intense, but I suspect he has what it takes.

nope hate the idea. you want to put a mark against a player who got hurt because an opposition player trapped his leg?

Wayne harmes was out, there is not a shred of doubt in my mind, but all the record books tell you is we lost. by 5 or 500, doesnt matter, we lost.

also no doubt it turns into a full scale social media beat down! Jarrad Blair, cmon down, though it seems to be Langdon this year!

Well, it wasn’t a serious proposal, but it’s what we do when we look at “outs”, isn’t it ? Fas was having the usual first game back after a long lay off last night : completely ineffective well into the second term when he injured the ankle. If he was not injured, though, i’d have kept him in for the following week or two no matter how much he seemed out of sorts. Players need several games to get back to elite level, even stars like Jamie E.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11   

Jump to: