Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sier must come in. Beast, in form with a few games strung together. He's well and truly ready.

In: Sier, Reid, Maynard
Out: Fasolo, Mayne, Appleby

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:52 pm

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Despite performing poorly for a couple of weeks, it's likely Cox will retain his spot this week.

Therefore, I'm expecting no more than 2 changes to our line-up.

Out: Faz (inj), Appleby

In: Reid, Sier/Murphy

So I'm hoping we will debut at least one player this week.

Sier is just what we need in the midfield, though it's an area where we have a lot of depth. However, he gives us something new - size and strength. Going forward, I'd suggest that Adams and Thomas need a lift in performance to keep their spots. In a couple of weeks (probably after the bye), Greenwood may also be in the frame for a recall.

Murphy looks to be an upgrade on the young and developing Appleby. Both look to have bright futures with us, but right now, Murphy looks more suited to the physicality of senior footy.

I haven't seen Murphy play but the club website states that he is 190cm and 79kg. Unless he has responded well to his weights program and bulked up since the season began, that puts him in the stick insect category, so I assume that he is primarily an outside running player or rebounding back flanker in the VFL. Is that his strength?

To be honest, last weekend was the first time I'd really watched him on the TV coverage of the VFL. He is certainly still a bit thin, but he is quite tall and as tough as nails. He got his face smashed (and nose broken) early in the game, but then came back on and absolutely dominated from defence, with terrific contested marking and running off the back line. He also made his presence felt, repeatedly clashing with his Coburg opponents. He looked to be a class above everyone else down there imo. Obviously he'll be a lot better when he adds 5 ks of muscle, but I guess the same can be said for Stephenson.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Despite performing poorly for a couple of weeks, it's likely Cox will retain his spot this week.

Therefore, I'm expecting no more than 2 changes to our line-up.

Out: Faz (inj), Appleby

In: Reid, Sier/Murphy

So I'm hoping we will debut at least one player this week.

Sier is just what we need in the midfield, though it's an area where we have a lot of depth. However, he gives us something new - size and strength. Going forward, I'd suggest that Adams and Thomas need a lift in performance to keep their spots. In a couple of weeks (probably after the bye), Greenwood may also be in the frame for a recall.

Murphy looks to be an upgrade on the young and developing Appleby. Both look to have bright futures with us, but right now, Murphy looks more suited to the physicality of senior footy.

I haven't seen Murphy play but the club website states that he is 190cm and 79kg. Unless he has responded well to his weights program and bulked up since the season began, that puts him in the stick insect category, so I assume that he is primarily an outside running player or rebounding back flanker in the VFL. Is that his strength?

To be honest, last weekend was the first time I'd really watched him on the TV coverage of the VFL. He is certainly still a bit thin, but he is quite tall and as tough as nails. He got his face smashed (and nose broken) early in the game, but then came back on and absolutely dominated from defence, with terrific contested marking and running off the back line. He also made his presence felt, repeatedly clashing with his Coburg opponents. He looked to be a class above everyone else down there imo. Obviously he'll be a lot better when he adds 5 ks of muscle, but I guess the same can be said for Stephenson.

Thanks for that. So he's tough, determined, can mark and run. That leaves two attributes remaining that we have had a bit of trouble with over the last few years - kicking and decision making.

Part of the fun of football for me has always been looking at the young inexperienced players and trying to predict what will become of them.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:18 pm

To be honest 5FTWOD, from what I saw - admittedly from just one game - his kicking and decision-making are elite. He looks a complete package. Maybe Derek Hine wasn't joking after all when he said that if we couldn't have drafted Stephenson with our first pick, we would have taken Murphy. I thought at the time, this was just hyperbole, but now I'm not so sure. He looks like an absolute gun player to me. But then again wtfwik?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Some good discussion on this boy who like Stephenson and Appleby are what
give,s me positivity on our direction

Add Sier ,Wills , Lynch ,McLarty yet to crack the big time —oh let’s not forget
Daicos we are definitely on right page

E 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:25 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
To be honest 5FTWOD, from what I saw - admittedly from just one game - his kicking and decision-making are elite. He looks a complete package. Maybe Derek Hine wasn't joking after all when he said that if we couldn't have drafted Stephenson with our first pick, we would have taken Murphy. I thought at the time, this was just hyperbole, but now I'm not so sure. He looks like an absolute gun player to me. But then again wtfwik?

i couldn't agree more with this, especially the last sentence.... Wink

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 5:50 pm

E wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

i couldn't agree more with this, especially the last sentence.... Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:50 pm

Need to get Maynard back into defense ASAP

NiceBi in then reid
swooper 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 pm

I may have missed this somewhere, but how far off is Maynard?
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:51 pm

I have a good feeling about this game. I think we are in a very good position selection wise. If Reid is considered fit enough, he can come in to make our forward structure more dangerous with an extra tall. Or, if not fit enough, then Sier to come in and allow Wells to stay forward with De Goey for a small, fast forward line. I am happy either way. The presence of Wells creates enormous flexibility.
I an also happy psychology wise. I thought last week that there was a danger we could underestimate the opposition. I don;t think this danger exists this week. Bulldogs after all were Premiers only 2 years ago, and have dominated us in the recent win/loss ratio. I think we will come into this game switched on.

Crazypie 

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 10:11 pm

swooper wrote:
I may have missed this somewhere, but how far off is Maynard?
it was reported today Geoff Walsh said he should be fit to face freo round 11
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 1:48 am

RudeBoy wrote:
But then again wtfwik?

...That Scharenberg’s a dud ? Wink

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:46 am

They have never beaten us 6 times in a row and it ain't about to happen this week!

Looking for our midfield to get on top in the centre clearances and get some delivery into an uncrowded forward line. Jordy to put in another big one and Cox to make some stick this week.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:03 pm

If Sier does come in I hope we play him where he's been playing in the VFL, right in the guts at stoppages.

Nothing worse for a player IMO than putting great form together in the VFL and getting selected on that form, then being played out of position.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Mugwump wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
But then again wtfwik?

...That Scharenberg’s a dud ? Wink

No need to rub it in. Embarassed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 7 of 11   

Jump to: