Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'ins' make sense, but overall we are considerably slower without Wells and Murray, as neither of our 'ins' are fast.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:48 pm

Greenwood is similar to Sier in terms of a role to play, and can also be used to tag. It will indeed be interesting to see how we use him, given his limited pre season. He won't be able to tag McCrae for the entire game, but maybe he will for some of the time. Or maybe, like Sier would have been, he is just there to add extra firepower so that our midfield gets the ball more than theirs. Either way, to me the selection of Greenwood seems similar to selecting Sier, but we have opted to go with experience, and Greenwood's considerable defensive capabilities.
I am happy with Greenwood being selected, just as much as I would have been with Sier.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Greenwood is similar to Sier in terms of a role to play, and can also be used to tag. It will indeed be interesting to see how we use him, given his limited pre season. He won't be able to tag McCrae for the entire game, but maybe he will for some of the time. Or maybe, like Sier would have been, he is just there to add extra firepower so that our midfield gets the ball more than theirs. Either way, to me the selection of Greenwood seems similar to selecting Sier, but we have opted to go with experience, and Greenwood's considerable defensive capabilities.
I am happy with Greenwood being selected, just as much as I would have been with Sier.

He played on the half back line in the VFL, so maybe he will play there as a direct swap for Murray?
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Why Greenwood? No pre-season, average VFL performances, and a hack kick. Missed opportunity to try either Wills or Sier.

Don't agree with Murray out. Appleby has too many nervous moments and his kicking is not up to scratch.

Sorry, not optimistic on this one. We've needed DeGoey brilliance to win the last 2 against bottom teams. We're just going as a team at the moment.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:04 am

We owe these blokes. Have to turn up and play 4 quarters as their form has been OK recently after a crap start.

Hopefully they are tired after that slog against Adelaide. We only had to play 3 quarters last week so should be fresher. Shouldn't matter about ins and outs the system has to support selection. Especially against this mob.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:20 am

I'm a bit surprised by the selections.
Greenwood I can understand - he's had lots of time in the vfl
Reid I'd have thought would need a game or two before coming into the seniors but can sort of understand
Daicos I thought was ok when he played but he's not fast - Nicks might have got me keen but I'd really thought if a player was coming in it might have been Seir.

good luck guys - hope you have a day out

axl 

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:48 am

Greenwood selection is pretty oblivious he will run with McRae and shut him down. That’s the only reason why Greenwood has been bought in. Take him out and we are well on the way to the 4 points
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:55 am

glasseyevfx wrote:
I'm a bit surprised by the selections.
Greenwood I can understand - he's had lots of time in the vfl
Reid I'd have thought would need a game or two before coming into the seniors but can sort of understand
Daicos I thought was ok when he played but he's not fast - Nicks might have got me keen but I'd really thought if a player was coming in it might have been Seir.

good luck guys - hope you have a day out

Sier doesn’t play in place of Daicos - he plays in place of Adams or Greenwood. Daicos has Wells’ spot.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11   

Jump to: