Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Moore looking to Leave Melbourne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:09 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand.

Quote:
IN-DEMAND Collingwood young guns Darcy Moore and Jordan de Goey have indicated they want to remain at the Magpies beyond this season and the club expects to have them signed “sooner rather than later”.

Quote:
“(List boss) Ned Guy is working through that,” football boss Geoff Walsh told SEN. “He’s met with each of those boys’ managers and certainly, while they’re not imminent, they’re not going to be signed tomorrow, they’re both a fair way down the track in terms of discussions.

Both boys and their managers have indicated they’re more than happy at Collingwood and that they’re comfortable in not looking elsewhere.

“We’ve certainly fully endorsed that and both boys and their managers know they’re very much required players.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/collingwood/darcy-moore-and-jordan-de-goey-have-told-collingwood-they-want-to-stay-at-the-magpies/news-story/be43427417957fc805a2b3831ac24284

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:01 pm

If there are any players that dont want to be at Collingwood...Trade them THIS YEAR!!!

The upcoming draft is considered the SuperDraft!!

If Moore wants out then 2 x top 20 picks for him like a 5 and a 15 would be nice. On 360 last night Kingy said its a superdraft because the talent is strong and even all the way through to pick 20.

So if ANY player wants out then give us some picks please!!

I reckon trading a player with potential for 2 x high picks makes sense, its like double the profit... especially if its the player that wants out.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:31 pm

The debate over off contract players is going to be the norm now with the changes in free agency that clubs and the AFL agreed to
Be it Moore JDG the thing is Collingwood sell papers and is good click bait online.
The fact is in each case there are reasons behind them not being re-signed already
With Moore he's always been a little different. He's had injuries and I don't know if playing AFL is the most important thing in his life. I'm confident he will stay
JDG had some hurdles to overcome to even be offered a new deal. He's been ticking the boxes as he goes along but right in the middle of that process he's in career best form. I'm happy for the club to stand there ground and ensure that JDG has learned from his errors but from the statement of Walsh the conversation on a new deal is a fair way down the track and the club appears happy JDG will be staying with us
If either of these players on any one else wishes to leave then so be it.
This coming draft is considered a super draft when any player in the top 10 has a chance to go #1 and it bats very deep
If we were to lose any potential star player this is the year to do so
I'm happy where we are at with the negotiations
What people on the outside don't understand in these type of deals player contracts are often scaled upwards as the club envisages the improvement of the player as there career progresses. Also is the timing of the departure of other players on the list and juggling the finances around that. If we are offering them deals over 2 years (and I would assume we are with both) then the retirement of Wells Goldie Dunn and maybe Pendles could make the timing of when monies are paid.
It's not just a matter of writing some numbers on a piece of paper and saying done deal. The salary cap and other factors influence when money may be laid
I'm expecting the bye week to be a big week in announcements for the club
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Ned Guy was recruited to handle these very situations.

He's a smart cookie and very professional. I'm very confident they'll both sign contract extensions.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:46 pm
Post subject: Re: Moore looking to Leave MelbourneReply with quote

axl wrote:
Interesting this reporter is saying Moore is warming to the idea of leaving the pies and Melbourne. Surely the Swans cant fit him in and i would be devasted if he leaves.

https://goo.gl/KyL4a8

and You Belive that Reporter Laughing

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:00 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
We’re not that lucky!!!

But please let it be true!

He’s no loss.

You sound like my Dad

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Ned Guy was recruited to handle these very situations.

He's a smart cookie and very professional. I'm very confident they'll both sign contract extensions.

He is a EX-Player Agent Too

woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Don't know where the hate is coming from towards Darcy... He hasnt been that bad when he actually gets on the ground. He's a young developing forward... Where's all the posters that demanded him to put into the senior side for his debut lol

His first 3 years has been better then travs first 3 years.
Clemo Capricorn

clemo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 pm

CLICKBAIT!
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:08 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:
Don't know where the hate is coming from towards Darcy... He hasnt been that bad when he actually gets on the ground. He's a young developing forward... Where's all the posters that demanded him to put into the senior side for his debut lol

We can look forward to a Copeland Trophy for him and 14 kicks, 13 marks and 3 goals in a low-scoring, close-run preliminary final later this season can we?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Clemo wrote:
CLICKBAIT!

100% Agree Exclamation

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:50 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

We can look forward to a Copeland Trophy for him and 14 kicks, 13 marks and 3 goals in a low-scoring, close-run preliminary final later this season can we?

That would put him behind Travis, this is Darcy's 4th season, Travis was already a Copeland trophy winner by now

Darcy Moore averages 6 kicks, 3 hbs, 4 marks, 1 goal a game, has 0 brownlow votes and 0 Copeland trophies
Travis after 3 seasons averaged 10 kicks, 2 hbs, 6 marks, 1 goal a game, had 4 brownlow votes and 1 Copeland trophy.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:10 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote:

That would put him behind Travis, this is Darcy's 4th season, Travis was already a Copeland trophy winner by now

Darcy Moore averages 6 kicks, 3 hbs, 4 marks, 1 goal a game, has 0 brownlow votes and 0 Copeland trophies
Travis after 3 seasons averaged 10 kicks, 2 hbs, 6 marks, 1 goal a game, had 4 brownlow votes and 1 Copeland trophy.

It's such a pity that Travis' form tailed off so badly after 2011.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:39 pm

Some "tail off". He kicked 200 goals (of a career total of 452) in his next 4 seasons after 2011.

We know you never liked Cloke but there is really no need to diminish his incredible contribution to the last period of dominance Collingwood enjoyed.

Travis' 5 years from 2012 to 2016 were statistically as good as his previous 5 years and 2013 was his best season by far. The difference was the team turned to sputum around him after 2011.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:21 am

Each of the 4 years after 2011 were also far superior to Darcys best season so far, but yeah Travis tailed off and Darcy is the 2nd coming of Gordon Coventry...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: