Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pummel Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Streak Pisces

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:41 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Pies2016 wrote:
Just to add to the above, I also reckon Cox had his best game as a bit of relief in the ruck ( this season )
We just need to get used to the idea that he is nowhere near a four qtr player and probably never will be. As a forward, he brings the ball to ground at worst and as a part time ruckman when needed, he’s probably as good as most ( mainly cause there aren’t many ruck / forwards going around )

He did some good things as a relief ruckman, and when he's up forward he pretty reliably provides a contest. I continue to drool at the prospect of Jamie Elliot sitting at his feet later in the season.
E 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:16 am

Pies2016 wrote:
I saw a couple posters called for Appleby to be dropped for this game and now for the Dockers game already.
Can someone explain to me what I have missed in his last two games.
As a defender first ( before he starts becoming a play maker ) I don’t think the kid has put a foot wrong.
Maynard will likely force him out at some point but I thought his game tonight was really solid. Personally, right now, I think it’s still his spot to lose.

i am one of the people suggesting that he goes down at some point, but i think he has been great. Reliable and fast. A tad conservative, but like Scharenberg, there is nothing wrong with not taking too many risks back there.

My thinking is purely that he is young and wont be playing well at the end of the year if we put too many games in him early. Look at Murray. he played the first 9 games and was basically running on fumes in his last 2 games.

By rotating the young guys and the old guys, you keep them fresh and healthy for the entire season. Only those in their prime (22-2Cool should be asked to play every game. Everyoine else needs to be managed.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:18 am

AN_Inkling wrote:
Grundy had some incredible stats:
21 contested disposals
15-0 hit outs to adv (at last count)

Huge impact on the game.

BOG by a mile, just as he was last week - irrespective of the coaches’ preference to give the votes to the running players. He is the best ruckman in the game and might well become the best big man ever to wear the black and white. He’s influencing games the way powerful, fast bulldozers influence building sites.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:41 am

Well it's 457am and Ive arrived back in our room and despite my best effort to be ninja stealth quiet I'm reliably informed by the wife I've failed on that front sorry dear
My bulldog mate and I have debated the outcome at length and decided that we were pretty good and they are shit really
Don't be fooled by the first term they had everything handed to them in free kicks and 50m penalties. Take away the umps best efforts to make it a one sided game in term 1 and they actually scored 31 points for the game (gifted 4 goals)
Momentum is huge in games this day and age wine when you have it the game looks easy when you don't you seem to be 10m behind play. They had it all,in the first term and when we did have some the umps gifted them a free and we were back on the back foot again
From quarter time onwards we looked a mich better team across the park (bar 5 minutes before half time)
They never looked likley to get on a run and peg back the score
I don't know who else was at the game but from my vantage point we appeared to dominate in every contest
A few observations from a tired and happy pie

Grundy is without doubt near our most important player. When he's really dominate we are equally dominate he's like our barometer. His second third and forth efforts would make a 6ft mid happy. He just wills himself into more contests and no one gets a easy passage past him or around him. He's the #1 ruck in the game and for mine the league hasn't seen a big man who actually plays like a extra mid. His stats don't do him justice

If Phillips ever gets a right boot he will be a super star. He's covers so much ground it's amazing. You don't see how much until you watch him just go and go and go all night. He just seemed to be at every contest. Tonight w his best gsme ever

JDG made a huge difference when he when onto the ball. He's a beast he just works hard. Noticed a few times he got the ball fed out a handball to his outside players then blocked for his team mate. He mightn't have kicked any goals tonight but showed his more than a 1 trick pony

Scharenberg could be anything if his body continues to hold up. He plays deep in defence and when the ball is making its way down field he just seems to have the ability to understand which player the oppostion wants to get the ball to and he gets there before them. Really this kids footy smarts are off the chart. He just doesn't make a bad decision. I see he went at 100% DE tonight but as a good defender should he didn't have a poor disposal because he took the best option (he ally the safest option) at all times. Don't know how many people realise when they say he doesn't take much ground with his disposals but he had just under 400m gained tonight. Considering he had 15 handballs and only 11 kicks he averaged around 25m a kick gained and hit the target every time. If you have 4 players do that you gain 100m every time without losing the ball which means your in your attacking 50 with a chance to score

Pendles would be just about the smartest footballer going around. He just makes hard look simple and he makes his opponent nervous they rush at him and he just sells off some candy and hits the next target. He never seems rushed nor does he seem to ever over extended himself. At quarter time I noticed he went to a umpire and was quite animated in his discussion don't know what he said but he seemed to be making a point strongly.

Sidey didnt have a big night but watching live he does a lot of good work off the ball. He seemed to be cranky tonight trying to throw his limited weight around shoving and pushing bulldog players. It's obvious oppostion are paying him far more attention after his early season form but he still has a impact under what seemed to be trying conditions (his jumper seems to spend a fair bit of time in oppostion hands at contests without reward). He covers so much ground his opponent must wonder when he will get tired. He seems to have a changing role within games. Some times on the ball some times as a outside runner then next thing at FF. He's very versatile and the coach seems to trust him and Pendles to change things around as they see fit on the field.

Finally not conceding a single goal from half time against any oppostion is a massive thing. Don't be mistaken this doesn't happen often especially in the modern game. Yes they had a coupe shots on goal and missed but they never looked likley to score in that second half. There best players were basically tuned into defensive first mindset and when they and the ball they had limited options in front of the ball.
Well I better get some shut eye because according to the wife and I quote her I'm a "drunken mess" (don't you love a leave pass at 51)
Don't know what the day has planned but I'll sleep comfortably knowing we are at the moment in the 8
Floreat pica my pie friends
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:20 am

Tom Phillips knocks up playing good games and I reckon he and Grundy our most consistent over the 10 games

Expect both to do well on Copeland night

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:25 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
21 contested disposals

Huge impact on the game.

BOG by a mile, just as he was last week - irrespective of the coaches’ preference to give the votes to the running players. He is the best ruckman in the game and might well become the best big man ever to wear the black and white. He’s influencing games the way powerful, fast bulldozers influence building sites.

He's good.... but, better than Natanui? Shocked

Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 am

Scumpire #21 Meredith is the most biased anti- Collingwood umpire going around. He's got a lot of form, gave a game to the Crowd back in the day and has crucified us on QB. We should lodge a complaint
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:49 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Next week:

Out:

Mason (susp.)
Varcoe (inj.)
Appleby (omit)
Stephenson (rest)

In:

McLarty
Sier
Murray (penance)
Wells

Huh? Cox suspended for what? Lightly bumping JJ’s shoulder???

Stepheson dropped. Please give away the drugs

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:50 am

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:
Scumpire #21 Meredith is the most biased anti- Collingwood umpire going around. He's got a lot of form, gave a game to the Crowd back in the day and has crucified us on QB. We should lodge a complaint
I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 8:56 am

Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
21 contested disposals

Huge impact on the game.

Natanui is strong and fast but merely mortal. Grundy, Son of Odin, possesses obviously magical powers.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:06 am

After losing to Geelong we needed to bounce back as that is what good teams do. We did that and I was thinking we have turned the corner as a team, last night cemented that. Winning games we are expected to win has all the signs we have turned the corner as last year we dropped these games. After having such low expectations this year I enjoy every win. A lot of highlights last night as mentioned in previous posts. My highlight was the coaches and the coaching box. My biggest highlight was seeing Buckley greeting his players as they came into the rooms. ALL those players love and respect the coach and love and respect each other. We have a team of players, not individuals.
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:13 am

Clifton Hill-Billy wrote:

You have 1 job Meredith! Get out of the way! It’s not about you Simon.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:13 am

ronrat wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
inxs88 wrote:
Next week:

Out:

Mason (susp.)
Varcoe (inj.)
Appleby (omit)
Stephenson (rest)

In:

McLarty
Sier
Murray (penance)
Wells

Huh? Cox suspended for what? Lightly bumping JJ’s shoulder???

Stepheson dropped. Please give away the drugs

Think you may be on the “Cheech and Chong’s” yourself. Since when does rested = dropped?

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:38 am

What'sinaname wrote:
51 point turnaround

Suffer in ya jocks Doggies.

And stuff you Umpires you cheating filthy bastards

Varcoe Sad

Cox reported and will prolly get a weak week but so be it..shit happens

JDG's value dropped $50K.

Peddles wears an invisibility cape. Only Collingwood people can see him

When the blind stares of a million eyes
Fail to recognise
The P N D

You can't
You can't see me

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:42 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Skids wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
21 contested disposals

Huge impact on the game.

Natanui is strong and fast but merely mortal. Grundy, Son of Odin, possesses obviously magical powers.

I just wish he'd learn to hit the ball to OUR players, then he wouldn't need to barge in to get the damn thing back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11   

Jump to: