Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies pummel Bulldogs - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:45 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had a natural rover in our team. Bartlett would have won 8 Brownlow Medals if he’d been roving to Grundy.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 9:47 am

I don’t think enough credit has been given to WHE for his game last night. He was superb.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I don’t think enough credit has been given to WHE for his game last night. He was superb.
The goal in the last qtr by Two Dads was unreal, runs and taps it onto his foot. That's skill.
pablo 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:21 am

doriswilgus wrote:
pablo wrote:
Guarantee Sharenberg won't be signing a new contract.

Why not?

He doesn't seem to be enjoying himself.

And

He didn't sing half the song.

K 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I wish we had a natural rover in our team. ...

Sadly, the genuine rover went extinct in the AFL many years ago. Even more sadly, no one seemed to notice or care (in contrast to the constant lamentations about full-forwards). Crying or Very sad
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 am

pablo wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
pablo wrote:

Why not?

And

I did notice his expression (lack of) during the song, but I think he is a quiet reserved kind of guy who doesn’t seek attention (eg very little media cf F-bomb Tom). I wouldn’t read too much into it. He started the season thinking he would struggle to make the 22 ... now he must have grown in confidence as he is improving each outing and has become a stalwart down back for us (and I had my doubts after the injury stuff).

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 am

Culprit wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
The goal in the last qtr by Two Dads was unreal, runs and taps it onto his foot. That's skill.

Agreed, it was the kind of instinctive class that you can’t teach. Our trading has been excellent over the last few years.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:45 am

About to re-watch the game.

Having slept on it I am starting to think that we may be building something special. Not because we are playing sensational football right now, but the ability to fight back in adversity (injuries, bad start, umpiring etc). The cliched intangibles of belief and connection seem to starting to appear with this group (whole squad) and I love the fact that, despite injuries, we still have some real potential contributors in the VFL in Brown, Sier, Wills, McLarty, Mihocek and even Blair.

Hopefully the more technical aspects of the football will improve, but these guys are really tipping in and playing for each other and the coaches.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am

IIRC, that particular thing was noticed last time Scharenberg was said to be a recruiting target for the Crows. He wasn’t enthusiastic about the Club song and didn’t seem to join in with enthusiasm, so he must be going to the Crows. As we know, that proved to be completely correct, because he left Collingwood at the end of 2016 and never played for us again.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:51 am

^ yes, I thought the same, MM. Last night was a really strong performance, but the defeat of Brisbane at the Gabba looks a lot stronger in retrospect than it did at the time, too. They are a good football side, and we showed incredible grit that day. Last night was different but similar. Catch-up football against the tide of the umpiring is hard. These types of victories are the ones that weld a side together and make it believe.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:56 am

There's been a 360 degree turnaround in the way we play the game since 2010 so I can forgive Buckley for the few hiccups along his coaching journey. In 2010 it was all about defensive pressure in locking the ball in our forward line and preventing the opposition from freeing the ball from our forward zone. Now it's all about controlling the space around the ground and dictating to the opposition where the ball goes. We leave our forward line vacant for the opposition because there's only one way the ball can come back and when it does we set up chains to bring it forward again. When the ball is in our backline we have everybody back and there's nowhere for the opposition to go. Not pretty football to watch at times but it's what the AFL wants when it reduced the number of interchanges on the bench.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:16 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
pablo wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
pablo wrote:

Why not?

And

I did notice his expression (lack of) during the song, but I think he is a quiet reserved kind of guy who doesn’t seek attention (eg very little media cf F-bomb Tom). I wouldn’t read too much into it. He started the season thinking he would struggle to make the 22 ... now he must have grown in confidence as he is improving each outing and has become a stalwart down back for us (and I had my doubts after the injury stuff).

After Daicos kicked his goal, Schaz was one who joined the huddle around him (right near the end on the highlights), beaming as though he’d just won Tatts. He’ll be ok, you’d think.

pablo 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 11:29 am

Let's hope so, he's going to be awesome!
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Phillips kicked on his right once last night, and hit the target.
Grundy changed his tapwork in the second half, even giving the backhanded one to a mid who took off.
Stephenson is Ultimate Daisy minus the hangers plus multiple goals and higher disposal efficiency. Centre of gravity like Didak/Daicos but faster legs, doesn't really have the party tricks but reminds me a little of our coach when he kicks.
Good to see Bucks and co finally tuning in to the thousand or so internet coaches on social media sites and putting JDG into the guts and giving Grundy a kick up the arse re: his tapping.
Varcoe is a link man missile, we will need Wells to come in or we will have a hole there.
Just when you write Adams off he bounces back with a crucial goal, some telling touches and gets the theatre responding with appropriate sound and sphinter-clenching teeth-gnashing vigour by doing what we all wanted to do at that stage and just grab a Dog player and scrag em. Gahhhhhhh give it too em Taytay!!!!!! #$#$# weak bulldog @#$#@$. Ahem. *composes self*
Kick the goal Cox. Ignore Langers and co looking for the glory shot thx.
Buckley plus beard 2-0. Significant feng shui, must leave it on now, balances the energy of the coaches box with Harvey's large head, Sanderson's bowling ball, Buddha's friz and Longmuir's silver foxism.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:26 pm

The other thing I wanted to say was that you often find a few more mature age guys who get overlooked and come in in later years and fit in at AFL level, but how about Flynn Appleby??? He is 19 I think and hasn’t looked out of place at all. What a great late/rookie pick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11   

Jump to: