Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Dockers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think better 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

warburton lad wrote:
A finals-bound team will overcome injuries and players being 'rested'.
If we are such a team, we will prevail.
Two very good midfields going head-to-head; make no mistake, this will be a tough game.

Perhaps Grundy will be the difference? I am more bullish about Mihocek than others- he is a very competent footballer who goes very hard at the ball. Very hard. And he has a great habit of one-grab marks.

Looking forward to Hoskin-Elliott and De Goey lighting it up on the G where they are ideally suited.

I'm with you Lad - I have heard good reports from the VFL watchers on Nicks about Mihocek. Just read an article in the Age that he is from the same town in Tassie as John Greening.

I like a team that has Maynard in it - he gives his all and is tough as nails.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:11 am

We are expected to win and like the last two games we will win. We have turned the corner. We are no longer an average team but a good team.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:46 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Maybe we are contemplating bringing in Murray rather than Maynard. Maybe Murray can play as a small forward, and Mihocek go back, or maybe vice verca. Both are capable of playing at either end.
Maynard seems the obvious inclusion (after Wells for Varcoe, Mihocek for Reid and presumably Maynard for Howe), but maybe there will be a surprise.

You're not going to play Murray forward after the Sydney Swans spent two years converting him into a free running half back.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:56 am

Gary Ayres worked hard to get him to Pt Melb and has good words to say

If he makes it a big body who holds his ground in a marking contest and as
said he’s a “one grab” mark

He may play a role simalar to Jarrod Roughead who I believe a real good big
body fwd

glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:32 am

Don't want to be a downer but I think we need to keep a lid on our form. We have a history of taking our foot off the gas when a team we should beat comes along. We're not putting away teams yet and even last week we didn't play four quarters.

If I were Buckley I'd be telling the boys we have a lot of work to do yet and keep a weather eye on those players that start jogging when we start winning.

I'm glad to see a few more getting blooded - it might be the spark that gets us those 4 quarter efforts.

good luck to Mikocek take your chance with two hands.

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:00 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
Don't want to be a downer but I think we need to keep a lid on our form. We have a history of taking our foot off the gas when a team we should beat comes along. We're not putting away teams yet and even last week we didn't play four quarters.

If I were Buckley I'd be telling the boys we have a lot of work to do yet and keep a weather eye on those players that start jogging when we start winning.

I'm glad to see a few more getting blooded - it might be the spark that gets us those 4 quarter efforts.

Interesting observation, and I agree. Perhaps the 'resting' allows others an opportunity to prove their worth and, in doing so, place pressure for spots on the list. This would go some way to addressing any potential complacency creeping into the team.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:32 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:

I'm always worried when we're favourites. Howe is of course a big loss. Let's all wish Mikocek well but I'm hoping Mihocek does even better Wink

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:33 pm

foreigner wrote:
Mad At this rate, we won't have a team by round 15

Laughing Wink Sad

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:49 pm

For the third week running I'm expecting another solid performance and the 4pts.

Sandilands out is a massive dent in the chances of Fremantle and should see Grundy give our midfielders a distinct advantage.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Final Team.

In: Maynard, Mihocek, Wells
OUT: Varcoe, Howe, Reid.

Emergencies are Crocker, Oxley, Murray and Blair.

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/1002444426864615424

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Freo have dropped Ballantyne and Matera. Two small forwards. I’m happy about this. We generally let one of these types off the leash. Fair list of OUTS for Freo. Ours aren’t too shabby either (Howe, Reid, Varcoe), but Wells and Maynard are good ins.

We should win this and will win this.

Collingwood by 38 points.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Walters is the bloke we got to shut down , he is always dangerous.

www.facebook/the hybernators
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:19 pm

3rd degree wrote:
Walters is the bloke we got to shut down , he is always dangerous.

Maybe why we kept Appleby in the side.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:51 pm

I love the fact we’be got 3 hardnuts in Dunn, Greenwood and Maynard, in defence.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Loss of Howe in particular is significant (Wells for Varcoe is an OK exchange... and a tallish marking target up forward for Reid (Mihovec) likewise is not intolerable. What has been so impressive so far this year is our ability to play as a team, and maintain structure through team co-ordination rather than needing individuals to hold it together.
Howe being out has the most impact I think. Maynard into defence is a real boost though, because he has powerful drive and terrific aggression on the ball.
Alot of pressure on Dunn now to help co-ordinate and guide our inexperienced defence.
I am feeling good about this game again, like i did last week. They have a strong midfield, but ours is just as strong, and we have Grundy almost unopposed. Grundy will not only dominate the hit outs, but will play as an extra midfielder with little opposition.
Our forward structure is very dangerous, with Wells in.
Our defence is clearly the weakness, but Fremantle has alot of their best small forwards missing to compensate.
I think the outs for both teams favour us overall, because the absence of Sandilands gives us the opportunity for domination of central clearances. Fyffe does not need to be tagged as such, if we can as we should dominate the centre.
Greenwood being in the side is extremely flexible as well: he can rotate into the midfield if necessary to help nullify any individual heroism from Fyffe.
Go Pies!!
Prediction?
Pies by 37 points

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: