Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies destroy Dockers - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
Buckley's Press Conference:

What do you think of the forward set up in light of what they piled on today? There has been ongoing talk about it, and it seems their defence worked so hard and you cracked them eventually?
Quote:
"Yeah, that third quarter was where we got a few things on our terms. I thought our pressure increased as the game wore on. The third quarter was over 200, so it was a really solid template in regards to pressure on the opposition. We like the ball in our front half for the majority of it. The first 10 minutes was turnover after turnover, but we didn't go back to score. You just persist when you've got the ball in your front half when you've got the ball in the front half you're more likely to score. Eventually, the dam wall will burst and we were able to score pretty well off the back of that. It was a prototype quarter for us to be honest. I think every side would like to play it that way where you have the ball in the front half. It's easier to defend out of your front 50 then it is out of your back half. The forward line is in part responsible for that, but our mids and backs were in good shape also".

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-06-03/like-a-kid-in-a-lolly-shop

Thanks Jezza for that.
What do you think the 200 refers to?

Pressure acts?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:36 pm

^ thanks from me too Jezza. This was very helpful, as Im at Beijing airport and the streamed presser was never going to work, behind the great firewall of China !
The Average Tourist 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Watching Yesterday live, why is it that our captain does not get the recognition he deserves not only can you mark him down for 30 possessions every week (none of which are the run around the back for the cheap handball) but he is also shutting the top player in the opposition down most weeks.

Grundy, WHE & Phillips were very very good yesterday but gee the Captain just continues to be fantastic probably only for 258 games (he must have played 4 modest games).

This is why he probably does not get the pats on the back

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:58 pm

You don't say.
melliot 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:17 pm

The thing is we are starting to develop various weapons that can hurt opposition.

DeGoey has done little last two weeks. But can bite an opposition with 5 goal performance.
WHE kicked 6 this week
Cox can kick 2 or 3 and clearly is a worry for opposition and need to get a spare defender against him.
Thomas can chip in with multiples regularly and needs opposition attention.
Reid or Miocheck (this week) can kick multiples.

Our mids are goal kickers too. Trealor, Pendles, Siddey, Phillips, Grundy can all hit the scoreboard with multiples.

Opposition now need to worry about us.

Just would love Elliott to be in that mix as he is a multiple goal kicker that needs close attention or he'll hurt em on the scoreboard.

I don't think we are in top 4 contention yet. Too many injuries and too many inexperienced players in the 22 that need another year or two. But we do have a scary 22 starting to surface now.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:37 pm

The Average Tourist wrote:
Watching Yesterday live, why is it that our captain does not get the recognition he deserves not only can you mark him down for 30 possessions every week (none of which are the run around the back for the cheap handball) but he is also shutting the top player in the opposition down most weeks.

Grundy, WHE & Phillips were very very good yesterday but gee the Captain just continues to be fantastic probably only for 258 games (he must have played 4 modest games).

Yeah, I suspect I apply a slight Pendlebury discount in my GB medal votes because I just expect him to be excellent, and he has to be super-excellent to raise my eyebrows. He is one of those players, like Daicos, whom it has been a privilege to watch, a once-in-a-decade great, and a very high-quality man and leader, as well.

5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:40 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Duff Soviet Union wrote:
The last quarter was a bit disappointing, would have been great to have a real percentage booster given how clustered the ladder is right now.

This is a team we should have smashed and I'm glad we did, but I figured it would be reasonably close.

Jeremy Howe will be a much needed in. The entire defence just looks so much better when he's intercept marking everything in sight. It will be interesting to see if Reid comes back in. Surely he can't replace Mihocek on today's performance? Maybe he could move to defence at least for next week against Hogan and McDonald? Then again, he might not even be ready.

Positives: Grundy continues to be a gun, Phillips continues his elevation, Adams showing his 2017 form, the usual from Treloar and Sidey, great run from Crisp, improvement from Daicos, strong contributions from Thomas and Maynard, a great debut from Mihocek and great work from WHE.

Negatives: A surprising number of passengers for such an easy win. Wells, Stephenson and De Goey were barely sighted (De Goey needs to get much better at one grabbings marks if he's going to play forward), Mayne and Shaz had their worst games for a while, Appleby isn't an AFL caliber player yet and I think Dunn has unfortunately just about reached the end of the line.

My only explanation for De Goey was it was freezing cold in the stands watching the game. It must have been cold for the players as well. A lot of players weren't holding onto marks including De Goey so maybe the finger joints of players were so stiff they were unable to wrap their hands around the ball.

Just as well he wasn't playing kids footy on Saturday morning. It was was minus 3 degrees when I was out riding the bike early but was a positively balmy but foggy 4 degrees on Sunday.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:20 pm

The Biggest Cheer of the Game Yesterday is when they put Peter Daicos on the Big Screen after Josh Daicos kicked his Goal
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:27 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Thanks Jezza for that.
What do you think the 200 refers to?

Pressure acts?

Cheers, WPT.

I interpreted his comments as him referring to 'pressure acts' as well.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:29 pm

duggieboy wrote:
Thanks Jezza, this is a very informative read & for us overseas bods its great to have it posted like this.

Cheers bro

Cheers, Duggieboy.

Mugwump wrote:
^ thanks from me too Jezza. This was very helpful, as Im at Beijing airport and the streamed presser was never going to work, behind the great firewall of China !

Cheers, Mugwump.

MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:25 pm

Got to see the boys live for a change - sooo much better than the sometimes random TV telecast. What i enjoyed watching was the preparedness of players to seriously cover the ground and give options.

Tom Phillips is an endurance freak - would love to see his 'heat map' as i suspect the whole oval would be red!

Completely agree with Average Tourist comments re Pendles - his game on Sunday was superb and to have so much inside influence AND keep Fyfe quiet was exceptional. He messed up a kick into the Fwd line and he visibly chastised himself. Class act no doubt and i agree, we've come to expect brilliance as the norm, he's allowed the odd screw up here and there Wink

Maynard's game was brilliant and I don't know what he's been doing but he's gotta share his secret around - reads the play so well and is an intuitive link player as well as gets his own ball.

Wells, he kinda disappointed me tbh. He's not covering the ground so well and in my view, he just maybe hamstring and calf conscious!

Anyways, thoroughly enjoyed the win and there aint nothing like belting out the Club Song at the G after a win Smile

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:21 pm

Post match Nicks posts are inversely proportional to the match percentage.
MagpieDynasty Sagittarius

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 pm

dalyc wrote:
Post match Nicks posts are inversely proportional to the match percentage.

LOL - Maybe folks just run out of steam!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:25 pm

melliot wrote:
The thing is we are starting to develop various weapons that can hurt opposition.

DeGoey has done little last two weeks. But can bite an opposition with 5 goal performance.
WHE kicked 6 this week
Cox can kick 2 or 3 and clearly is a worry for opposition and need to get a spare defender against him.
Thomas can chip in with multiples regularly and needs opposition attention.
Reid or Miocheck (this week) can kick multiples.

Our mids are goal kickers too. Trealor, Pendles, Siddey, Phillips, Grundy can all hit the scoreboard with multiples.

Opposition now need to worry about us.

Just would love Elliott to be in that mix as he is a multiple goal kicker that needs close attention or he'll hurt em on the scoreboard.

I don't think we are in top 4 contention yet. Too many injuries and too many inexperienced players in the 22 that need another year or two. But we do have a scary 22 starting to surface now.

Good points.

De Goey has been working hard but his 2 game burst means he gets a lot more attention, which in turn means players like WHE can get off the chain. Or Stephenson, or Thomas, or Treloar.

All of a sudden we have multiple avenues to goal. Our forward line is like the mythical Hydra, chop off 1 head, 2 grow in it's place.

Redlight 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:42 am

The Average Tourist wrote:

I think he's just too silky for his own good. Racks up impressive numbers and has a massive influence on games but makes it all look so easy. He just glides while those around him are all sweat and desperation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: