Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
Essendon have now beaten West Coast, Geelong and Port Adelaide.

Their best has still seen them defeat some good sides and even in the very poor loss to Carlton they had 7 more scoring shots so it wasn't for a lack of opportunity they were defeated.

They've under performed in comparison to the list they possess IMO and if they've found form will be a dangerous opposition in a couple of weeks time.

Still not convinced the Eagles are as good as made out and while it might be stating the obvious for me Richmond and Sydney are still the standout teams in the premiership race at present.

I tend to agree with your assessment of the Eagles, except that they are currently missing their gun full forward and centre half forward, in Kennedy and Darling. Put one or both of them back in the team in a few weeks time and they will be a different side.

Take away 3 of the fab 5 of Richmond, and they'd be pretty ordinary as well. Besides Richmond haven't beaten anyone outside of Melbourne. Injuries will affect any team this season where teams are very evenly matched, except for a few.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:18 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Redlight wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
With what the damned Bombers are doing to the Eagles tonight, I just hope it's not a round of upsets and Carlton don't get any fancy ideas of grandeur !!

If anyone doubted the existence of footy gods, they only had to look at the first quarter of this game. Essendon couldn't do a thing wrong, even if they tried. Very weird.

I noticed.

Very nervous.

Why nervous? WCE didn't turn up last night. It's a lesson for us what happens when you disrespect the opposition and ignore your structures and your game plan.

Yep, I'm hoping that our boys will have looked at last night's game and taken its lesson very fully on board.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:18 pm

Heard Eddie say Sier will Debut
E 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Heard Eddie say Sier will Debut

yep, i heard the same thing.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:48 pm

What a season——at their “fortress “ WCE made to look more like a sub 8th team BY a sub 8th team

We must be on our best performance (not that I expect a loss) and I’ll bet WCE supporters would have felt simalar

But the season being what it is practically anyone can bet anyone so we can beat WCE —Syd—Tigers etc etc

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:01 pm

IN: Appleby
OUT: Wells

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/1010054769736482816

Redlight 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:39 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Redlight wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:
With what the damned Bombers are doing to the Eagles tonight, I just hope it's not a round of upsets and Carlton don't get any fancy ideas of grandeur !!

If anyone doubted the existence of footy gods, they only had to look at the first quarter of this game. Essendon couldn't do a thing wrong, even if they tried. Very weird.

I noticed.

Very nervous.

Why nervous? WCE didn't turn up last night. It's a lesson for us what happens when you disrespect the opposition and ignore your structures and your game plan.

Nervous because we've just come off a big win and have had two weeks of having our tyres pumped. Nervous because of the bye and teams being a bit 'off' after a break isn't unknown. Nervous because Carlton has been under intense pressure and scrutiny all week and will be feral. Nervous because I'm a Collingwood supporter and the Pies seem to like doing this kind of head %$#*ery to it's fans from time to time. Smile
K 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 pm

DaVe86's preview on the club site:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-06-22/ultimate-preview-magpies-and-blues
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Can anyone explain why Appleby is replacing Wells? Would have thought a mid should come in, such as Sier, or Wills. It would seem a perfect opportunity for debuting, or, in Wills' case, seeing what he can do at senior level. Appleby has been great in defence, don't get me wrong. But how is he a like for like replacement? Who in the back 6 will no longer be playing defence to make way for Appleby? Is Crisp going to rotate more through the centre?? I just don't get this change.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Crisp into the middle to tag Cripps.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:

OK....or maybe Greenwood to tag Cripps... in any case, I get it now

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:40 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Can anyone explain why Appleby is replacing Wells? Would have thought a mid should come in, such as Sier, or Wills. It would seem a perfect opportunity for debuting, or, in Wills' case, seeing what he can do at senior level. Appleby has been great in defence, don't get me wrong. But how is he a like for like replacement? Who in the back 6 will no longer be playing defence to make way for Appleby? Is Crisp going to rotate more through the centre?? I just don't get this change.

Crisp on Cripps. Oh for the good old days when Jack Dyer and Tommy Hafey were calling. You’d have had no idea which side had the ball.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Crisp on Cripps. Oh for the good old days when Jack Dyer and Tommy Hafey were calling. You’d have had no idea which side had the ball.[/quote]
Yep. I can imagine such a call. Crispy chips, or Chippy crisps would have been a prominent feature of the call. And not only would we not know where the ball was, nor would we even know what the menu was.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Mugwump wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Crisp on Cripps. Oh for the good old days when Jack Dyer and Tommy Hafey were calling. You’d have had no idea which side had the ball.

Tommy hafey calling? You don't mean Tommy Lahiff, with Harry Beitzal?

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Haha, One of my favourite memories is of Tommy Hafey trying to call Ilya Grgic, who played for Footscray, I think. There would be a moment’s silence, while Tommy addressed himself to the task, then the radio would emit a noise like a bullfrog trying to swallow a butterfly.....

Edit, no, Stui, Tommy H definitely had a calling gig for a while.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: