Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything less than a 100 point win should be cause enough for another full club performance review. Time to humiliate the enemy this time. No more Mr Nice "Win by 4 goals" Guy. The ruthlessness needs to be harnessed and all weak/inferior football teams need to be put to the sword. Does anyone not agree?

MONCO: Your life.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 am

Happy just to win the next three and then set ourselves for the West Coast challenge (Bombers also won't be easy). Margin is irrelevant. Demons showed today that beating up on soft targets does not ready you for a real challenge.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:14 am

Monco Matt wrote:
Anything less than a 100 point win should be cause enough for another full club performance review. Time to humiliate the enemy this time. No more Mr Nice "Win by 4 goals" Guy.
The ruthlessness needs to be harnessed and all weak/inferior football teams need to be put to the sword. Does anyone not agree?

Bah... I'm torn between player management for our blokes, or alternately, trying to snaffle some percentage in the bank.

What a fvcking conundrum... Mad

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:31 am

^ & ^^ Yep, happy for all this logical common sense but after we flog the hated by.....hmmm.....ok, I will revise my expectations to a more realistic 90 points. Wink

MONCO: Your life.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:40 am

Monco Matt wrote:
^ & ^^ Yep, happy for all this logical common sense but after we flog the hated by.....hmmm.....ok, I will revise my expectations to a more realistic 90 points. Wink

Deal. Shake on it. But I still reserve the right to chuck a wobbly on the forum if we lose... Surprised

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:47 am

piedys wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Anything less than a 100 point win should be cause enough for another full club performance review. Time to humiliate the enemy this time. No more Mr Nice "Win by 4 goals" Guy.
The ruthlessness needs to be harnessed and all weak/inferior football teams need to be put to the sword. Does anyone not agree?

Bah... I'm torn between player management for our blokes, or alternately, trying to snaffle some percentage in the bank.

What a fvcking conundrum... Mad

percentage doesn't matter. we will finish 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th. Its not clear to me where i'd rather finish. 4th means you have to go to Perth, but third might mean you have to play the reigning premiers and possibly have to play WCE in Perth in the prelim. 5th and 6th means you don't get a double chance, but you would get an easier first up game.

If we are as good as advertised we will finish 3rd or 4th on points. If we are part of the pack of 4 teams vying for third place, then its really a lottery as to which spot is best to land in.

Accordingly, why kill ourselves trying to boost our percentage????

I'd rather win these next three games comfortably playing bruise free footy.

I'd also love to let Grundy miss on. I'd love to rest Stevo for a couple of weeks.

Does the Berg need to rest to refresh his body given that he hasn't played a full season.

Rather than chase percentage, let's chase the 4 points on offer each week as priority number 1 and have as priority number 2 managing the team most efficiently for a big run in September.

There is no way anyone will care come September whether we beat carlton by 5 goals or 15 goals.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:46 pm

There’s a forgotten man as well ... Aish. He was tracking brilliantly the first month before being injured. How long until he gets back on the park, reserves or otherwise?

If we can add Moore to CHB, Reid to CHF, Elliott and Varcoe to the HFFs, Aish on a wing ... there’s a bit of depth to come back in yet.

Bye couldn’t have come at a better time. Hype will die down, we reload for the next 2-3 game stretch, make sure we beat Carlton and Gold Coast, Essendon won’t be easy, then prepare for West’s Coat and co.

Whenever we’ve been 8-3 under Bucks, we’ve wilted. Time to start a new era.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
There’s a forgotten man as well ... Aish. He was tracking brilliantly the first month before being injured. How long until he gets back on the park, reserves or otherwise?

If we can add Moore to CHB, Reid to CHF, Elliott and Varcoe to the HFFs, Aish on a wing ... there’s a bit of depth to come back in yet.

Bye couldn’t have come at a better time. Hype will die down, we reload for the next 2-3 game stretch, make sure we beat Carlton and Gold Coast, Essendon won’t be easy, then prepare for West’s Coat and co.

Whenever we’ve been 8-3 under Bucks, we’ve wilted. Time to start a new era.

Aish is indeed the forgotten man, but given that it had taken him so long to finally begin to cement his spot in our team, I suspect he'll need a while to get back in again. I doubt he'll play seniors this year.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Mayne is warming Aish’s seat, so he may not have to wait too long, once he’s fit.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:18 pm

Ben Reid is no longer in our best 22.

He has been a great player in the past, but unfortunately I think his body cannot stand up to AFL level these days, and this season has proven that - Mihocek provides something that Reid doesn't and that's physicality at the contest - he is match fit and season hardened throughout his career - remember he is not a kid.

We have some key players on the injury comeback which is a nice situation to be in: Varcoe, Moore, Aish, Elliott, Fasolo, Reid

Not sure if they are all best 22 but they add much needed depth if we are going to go deep into September.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Mayne is warming Aish’s seat, so he may not have to wait too long, once he’s fit.

Aish isn't even listed on our injury page - at least not today. I suspect he's out for the season.

I'd love to see one or two of Seir, Wills, Murphy or McLarty on some of these easier games but I suspect its unchanged.

I hope that Moore and Elliot come through the seconds - especially Moore as he didn't come back strong before the re-injury.

Wells I think is up in the air - might find out more in the next day or two.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm

I'd expect both Moore and Elliot to come back via the VFL, to allow them to build back up and regain some match fitness.

1 game at 50% game time, then a full game at minimum. Get through those and they're available for AFL selection.

Reid potentially similar. Mihocek is playing a role and competing up forward, but has played his whole career until now as a CHB. He's the same height as Dunn (although a lot lighter) so can be a good grunt swingman. If he has to go back to the VFL because others come in, at least we know he can step up if required.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:00 pm

There's no need to make wholesale changes to a team that's so finely balanced but I think we'll see at least 1-2 changes. I suspect wells will miss out. He doesn't offer much and those so-called silky skills are so 10 years ago. Varcoe should return soon after the bye and would be the logical replacement.

Elliott and Moore need to return via the vfl. No point exposing them to senior football only to have them break down again early in a game and I don't necessarily think they're in our best 22 anyway. A lot of people think so, and maybe they should be. But look at how far we've come without them. Who do they push out? If we have 22 blokes all playing their role on the day with no passengers then the likes of Moore and Elliott are back up and should be made to earn their spot.

Even Mayne is playing well. Who would've predicted that at the start of the year. Daicos and Brown are similar types. Is there a spot for both of them? Schaz looked tired. As good as he's been I'd rest him another week and bring in Appleby perhaps.

Haven't seen much vfl but hopefully wills, sier and mclarty can get a game in the big league. I'm guessing that they're not too far away. Murray has gone off the boil. Needs find form in the vfl and work on decision making and disposal if he's to return.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 pm

How good is that?
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:21 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
There's no need to make wholesale changes to a team that's so finely balanced but I think we'll see at least 1-2 changes. I suspect wells will miss out. He doesn't offer much and those so-called silky skills are so 10 years ago. Varcoe should return soon after the bye and would be the logical replacement.

Elliott and Moore need to return via the vfl. No point exposing them to senior football only to have them break down again early in a game and I don't necessarily think they're in our best 22 anyway. A lot of people think so, and maybe they should be. But look at how far we've come without them. Who do they push out? If we have 22 blokes all playing their role on the day with no passengers then the likes of Moore and Elliott are back up and should be made to earn their spot.

Even Mayne is playing well. Who would've predicted that at the start of the year. Daicos and Brown are similar types. Is there a spot for both of them? Schaz looked tired. As good as he's been I'd rest him another week and bring in Appleby perhaps.

Haven't seen much vfl but hopefully wills, sier and mclarty can get a game in the big league. I'm guessing that they're not too far away. Murray has gone off the boil. Needs find form in the vfl and work on decision making and disposal if he's to return.

A fit Jamie Elliott is in our best 6, let alone best 22. He is a forty-goal-a-year small forward, and an A-grader, and he’d take the place of Wells, Daicos or Varcoe in a heartbeat. I can understand why it is easy to forget that, though.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: