Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 11.13.79
Carlton 9.5.59

Goals: Stevo, H-E 3, De Goey, Treloar, Pendles, Cox, Mihocek 1.

Disposals: Sidey 31, Pendles 29, Phillips 28, Adams 24, Crisp 22, Shaz, Maynard, Langdon, Howe 21, Treloar 19, Grundy 20, De Goey 18, Dunn, Daics 16, Mayne 14, H-E 13,

D/E: H-E 92.3%, Howe, Shaz 90.5, Pendles 86.2, Grundy 85,

Tackles: Pendles 5

AF Points: Phillips, Sidey 107, Grundy 103, Pendles 101, Crisp 98

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Mugwump wrote:
It'll do.

We had that post-bye look, with a pretty lousy connection into the forward line, but the four points is enough for me. AT being ok is the best news all day.

Yep, our boys sure did look as thought they had that post-bye rusty look, but we got the win against spirited opposition. They say that's the sign of a good team - to win despite not playing their best - the sign of a team in the four!!!! Very Happy Who would've thought!!!

Very, very relieved that Adam reckons he just had cramp, but it sure was a strange time for cramps to come on. Hope he's got the right diagnosis.

Also hope that Daisy gets rubbed out for his hit against Levi. He was in a nasty, spiteful mood today and hope he cops it.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:05 pm

Tick.

I was worried about this game and those worries proved on the mark but, we won and will be better for the run.

Always great to beat those filth, so I'll take a win and not care about the margin.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:05 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
It'll do.

We had that post-bye look, with a pretty lousy connection into the forward line, but the four points is enough for me. AT being ok is the best news all day.

Yep, our boys sure did look as thought they had that post-bye rusty look, but we got the win against spirited opposition. They say that's the sign of a good team - to win despite not playing their best - the sign of a team in the four!!!! Very Happy Who would've thought!!!

Very, very relieved that Adam reckons he just had cramp, but it sure was a strange time for cramps to come on. Hope he's got the right diagnosis.

Also hope that Daisy gets rubbed out for his hit against Levi. He was in a nasty, spiteful mood today and hope he cops it.

Well, you would be in a filthy mood today if you were Dale Thomas. He is a non-entity in a bottom-dwelling team playing a top-four team in which he might have been a venerated legend, rather than a plankton filter.

Coming face to face with the appalling consequences of terrible life decisions makes people cranky.

E 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:08 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
It'll do.

you mean Treloar?

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Mugwump wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Well, you would be in a filthy mood today if you were Dale Thomas. He is a non-entity in a bottom-dwelling team playing a top-four team in which he might have been a venerated legend, rather than a plankton filter.

Coming face to face with the appalling consequences of terrible life decisions makes people cranky.

Laughing Laughing Really good point Mugwump!!!!
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:09 pm

Sydney v Collingwood GF
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm so full of gratitude and admiration for so many of our players who are playing great footy this year, but just want to mention three - my boy Shaz, who took a really heavy hit in the back in the third quarter I think it was, but didn't let it faze him. He kept on task and continued to take marks and feed it out of the back line. The other two are WHE and Stephenson - they make our forward line so unpredictable and at the same time, are so dependable in front of goal.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:19 pm

WHE now equal fifth in the Coleman with 30 goals.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:20 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
In our history we now have won 100 games more than the Blues.

And that dreaded W/L gap has closed to just 2 games.

yes, and I recall that got real close some seasons ago, now we have pulled right away. I knew the bluescum would have a red hot go, they were humilitated, sledged, and we were off the dreaded bye, like Nth last night who only fell in too. A win over the scum is a win, we take it and run with it, bank four points, and move on. Next please. Very Happy

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:23 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep, he's been so important to us. If he gets into the Mark of the Week contenders, we'll have to vote for him, so that Curnow doesn't win it!!! Very Happy

Also loved the way big Coxy waded into the fracas at half-time. He's got a "F*&k off" attitude about him that I really love.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:24 pm

Bloody ordinary game to watch but happy with the points and ladder position. Always good to put the Blues away and yeah, Dale Thomas has turned out to be a right knob.

Reckon we'll struggle to beat the Suns next week if we bring that game again. Good to put this week behind us. Reckon that this one was probably a worse performance than round 1 with as many as 15 players off their game. Enjoying the fact that Carlton are so shite, as an AFL quality team would have sorted us out. Perhaps better kicking at goal early could have blown the game open. We kept them in it much longer than we needed to
winpies Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Just bloody happy to beat the scum. Top four just tops it off. Good scrappy win and will take that every week.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:25 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Yep, he's been so important to us. If he gets into the Mark of the Week contenders, we'll have to vote for him, so that Curnow doesn't win it!!! Very Happy

Also loved the way big Coxy waded into the fracas at half-time. He's got a "F*&k off" attitude about him that I really love.

Sorry as you were posting I was setting up a thread on him - has been massive, with little recognition.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:27 pm

Crowd: 53k

Not sure Treloar is as bad as some saying. I saw him walking along the boundary without any ice, looked like has was about to warm up, then, thankfully, sat down again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: