Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 11.13.79
Carlton 9.5.59

Goals: Stevo, H-E 3, De Goey, Treloar, Pendles, Cox, Mihocek 1.

Disposals: Sidey 31, Pendles 29, Phillips 28, Adams 24, Crisp 22, Shaz, Maynard, Langdon, Howe 21, Treloar 19, Grundy 20, De Goey 18, Dunn, Daics 16, Mayne 14, H-E 13,

D/E: H-E 92.3%, Howe, Shaz 90.5, Pendles 86.2, Grundy 85,

Tackles: Pendles 5

AF Points: Phillips, Sidey 107, Grundy 103, Pendles 101, Crisp 98

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
24 scoring shots to 14 was pretty reflective of our dominance today. We just didnt maximise opportunities. Probably felt worse because of expectation of a huge win.

Aah, the dreaded expectation. I was worried about this game all week. I think we tend to under-estimate the psychological factors in this great game of ours. There's really not much else that separates teams on any given day.
Of course Carlton would come out fired up against the old enemy especially after their performance last week. Our boys would be feeling very confident after the big win against Melbourne and the bye rest, although welcome and necessary, would result in us being a little rusty. The thing we have to keep uppermost in our minds is that we won, despite not playing well.
35reasons 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Mugwump wrote:

Well, you would be in a filthy mood today if you were Dale Thomas. He is a non-entity in a bottom-dwelling team playing a top-four team in which he might have been a venerated legend, rather than a plankton filter.

Coming face to face with the appalling consequences of terrible life decisions makes people cranky.

Spot on I reckon. Hes the best player they never had.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Take the 4 points and move into the top 4....and Carlscum lost.

Not a bad day at the office Id say 🤣

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:10 pm

53000 crowd.
I remember in the 80's and 90's it was 83000.
The blockbusters are not blockbusters anymore.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:13 pm

Well 3:20 start and leave in Artic conditions on a Sunday... they only have themselves to blame.

Any win is a good win against this lot. This win shows we again, are showing steel, structure, plan and precision that was not there last year. Now if we are going to flog anyone, it could happen this coming week.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:14 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Glad We Won but less be Honest we where Terrible and IF we played anyone else we been Flogged Today

Dave, sometimes life is joyless. Were top 4 .. get on board.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:15 pm

Who (if any) will we lose from the 22 who (if any) come in
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Who (if any) will we lose from the 22 who (if any) come in

Not sure but imo: Appleby, Greenwood and Josh Thomas had games they would prefer to forget.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:20 pm

Really pleased we won. Beat the post bye blues, got four points and were now in the four
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:21 pm

We did what was necessary to get over the line. Not pretty, but not every win, or loss, is. The standouts for me today were: the courage of Scharenberg, the athleticism of Grundy, the second half of Sidebottom and the capacity of WHE and Stephenson to craft six goals in a forward line that was more crowded than Myers' foyer in a Boxing Day Sale.

I think that the addition of a couple of: Varcoe, Elliott, Moore, Reid and, potentially, Sier or Callum Brown will make us very difficult to beat.

Every game we get into players like Daicos, Scharenberg, Appleby, Maynard, Phillips and Stephenson at this stage of their formative careers is gold.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 pm

I think we dodged a bullet today,because we were definitely sub par,and had many players down as well.And it looks like Treloar dodged a bullet too,thank God.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
In our history we now have won 100 games more than the Blues.

And that dreaded W/L gap has closed to just 2 games.

yes, and I recall that got real close some seasons ago, now we have pulled right away. I knew the bluescum would have a red hot go, they were humilitated, sledged, and we were off the dreaded bye, like Nth last night who only fell in too. A win over the scum is a win, we take it and run with it, bank four points, and move on. Next please. Very Happy

It was the early 2,000's and I remember Eddie making a big song and dance about the race to being the first team to win 1300 games.
Since then of course Carlton have won 4 spoons are in the box seat for their 5th.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 pm

piedys wrote:
duggieboy wrote:
Take the points & move on. Hardly convincing but a win's a win.

Painful to watch, so many players need to work on the disposal on their opposite side; way too many gutter balls, particularly into the forward line.
I thought in general Carlton's disposal standard was superior to ours, hitting way more targets by hand and foot, which shat me no end.
Carlton and Bolton aren't as stupid as they look; they learned from that earlier encounter this year, and know how to choke our scoring.

We carried passengers for the first time in weeks, yet every one of their shitkickers played out of their skins. Plus they were two down on rotation for most of the game through injury, and still we couldn't get off the leash.
We can consider ourselves luck Casboult broke his finger pre game; had he played, we were GONE. We have no match up for him, apart from perhaps Schade, but Buckley sorted that little problem out.
So yes, we need to secure a KPD or we are going to get monstered by a gorilla forward sooner than later; nothing we can do about that in 2018.

Considering the opposition, arguably our worst performance of the year, next to the Whorethorn game.

3-4 changes to next week's side isn't unrealistic.
And I hate to say it, but perhaps Blair should be recalled for the GCS game, as a couple of blokes volunteered themselves today, for a stint in the VFL.

Blair won't be playing for 2 reasons:

1. No longer good enough
2. Has torn his hammy

Sier is long overdue. Time to see what he's got in the big time.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:33 pm

The easiest thing to do in footy is to stop the opposition from scoring .. as long as youre prepared not score at the other end while youre locking down.
Thats what Carlton chose to do and they got what they wanted out of the game, an honourable loss.
We didnt run hard enough when we didnt have the ball and thats the only reason they scored at all.
No big deal, just a bit of complacency against rabble and a tune up for the second half of the season.
A win against Carlton, the 4 points and seemingly no injuries of any significance.
Not a bad day in the office, for mine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9   

Jump to: