Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies beat Blues - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:56 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Can people seriously not tell the difference between a Collingwood jumper and a Carlton one? What is the world coming to?

Unfortunately the Future Captain had a few issues evidently... Cool

It’s not just the guernsey, it’s the contrast of shorts, as well as big splashes of advertising on the back.
At ground level, a mish-mash of black/navy and white in a players’ peripheral vision can be confusing. From afar, more so for people with less than perfect eye sight.
I’m all for us wearing our white guernsey vs Carlton, even for our home game (and Port Adelaide and Melbourne, etc. if we’re the away team).

Collingwood black top, white numbers, black shorts, black socks vs Carlton navy top, white number, white shorts, navy socks is an eye sore.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm

I watched from 54 —57 ground level (fwd pocket) and had no issues distinguishing us from the debris and while on Carlton

They should wear frilly blouses cos after all they are girls blouses 👚

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:45 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
perthmagpie wrote:
The bye really leaves teams flat. On top of that we didn't handle the uber flood too well.

A bit flat after the bye. Was never a game the Blues were going to win though. They were playing to keep the score respectable with huge numbers back. If they tried for a win, this would have looked more like the Freo game.

It was a good test for us to work through. You can't really get much out of a game against the bottom team, but we did in this game.

Ditto. Succinct summation of a pretty dour game, much from Bolton’s coaching.
Must admit, I’m worried about Cripps and Curnow circa 2020. Bloody hell, are those two going to be a handful. Moore’s development as our long term CHB solution is going to be very important.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
I suppose I should add that Collingwood might now only have 5 wins in a row but the Future Captain has 8. No doubt it's a complete coincidence that they've won the last 5 games in a row since he came back from injury.

Yes and he's also the leader of the most goals conceded club, least meters gained per possession club, most turnovers/clangers average per disposal club
It should also be noted he's now not a starting best 18 player and hasn't been for some time (started from the bench in 4 of the past 5 games
He averages 74% game time now but during that time the oppostion score 91.4% of there total score and that's no coincidence
Finally whilst the club in announcing one signing after another locking away what the club calls "our future" he remains uncontracted beyond 2018
Be concerned as when Moore is available and your cry for a KPD is ringing in the coaches ears he may just look over the stats and see where the biggest weakness on our defence lays and decide to rid the team of that weakness

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:53 pm

Cripps and Curnow a handful in 2020 😴

Jayden Stephenson and JDG will be no less than a handful—yet to unleash
Seir and re release Wills

Thing bout Scum pair is what will they be surrounded with for support
as our 50-75 gamers like WHE / Phillips / Treloar will rule as 175+ game
players

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:55 pm

So, you've abandoned the nonsense that he's not "best 22" in favour of "not starting best 22"? Some of us call that a starting 18 - but have it your way. Most weeks, Treloar, Pendlebury or Sidebottom isn't in that particular "starting best 22", either.

The way to assess the merit of your perspective is that the Club selected an interchange bench "from" list of 8 players before the Carlton game. Future Captain Tommy wasn't one of them.

As for contracts, I expect that they're just sorting out the low-hanging fruit before they deal with De Goey, Langdon and Moore, aka "the Big Fishes".

It must have been terrible for you when they re-signed Sidey for 6 years. Laughing
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:33 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
So, you've abandoned the nonsense that he's not "best 22" in favour of "not starting best 22"? Some of us call that a starting 18 - but have it your way. Most weeks, Treloar, Pendlebury or Sidebottom isn't in that particular "starting best 22", either.

The way to assess the merit of your perspective is that the Club selected an interchange bench "from" list of 8 players before the Carlton game. Future Captain Tommy wasn't one of them.

As for contracts, I expect that they're just sorting out the low-hanging fruit before they deal with De Goey, Langdon and Moore, aka "the Big Fishes".

It must have been terrible for you when they re-signed Sidey for 6 years. Laughing

Corrected the starting number but the fact doesn't change that he isn't a starting player now
Can you tell me how many coaches votes he's received in our wins this season ?
As for the contract I've never been a fan of long terms deals. Didn't like the Treloar deal didn't like the Sidey deal didn't like the Cloke deal I don't see the value in paying a player to far in advance. Cloke has proven what happens there. Treloar thus far has been good without being a super star every week so right now IMO he hasn't earned the massive payday and long term deal he was given. Sidey this season has earned every dollar the clubs paying him prior to that he hadn't. His form prior to this season has been inconsistent and that was always my issue with him. He always had the talent to be a star but didn't do it often enough to justify a long term deal
As for Langdon he remains uncontracted and isn't being spoken about by anyone at the club or outside the club as a "priority signing"
In all honesty P4S I believe it's his body more so than anything else that's against him. It's known he has a chronic knee complaint now and even you have admitted he could be 1 bad knock away from retirement
All clubs these days are very mindful of players with chronic injury issues
This could be part of the reason his game time is down and he's not starting as well any longer.
I never want to see any players career end due to injury no matter my personal opinion on there ability
The coming weeks will determine all contracts but to be safe if I was your wouldn't be holding my breathe waiting for a new contract coming his way
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:35 pm

Nothing better than beating these pricks in a close one i knew it would be a scrap, I really liked Crisp's game , Stevo and Wilbur where class also Pendles and Jordy. D. Thomas is becoming a joel bowden like shep dog!

www.facebook/the hybernators
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:42 pm

BazBoy wrote:
Cripps and Curnow a handful in 2020 😴

Jayden Stephenson and JDG will be no less than a handful—yet to unleash
Seir and re release Wills

Thing bout Scum pair is what will they be surrounded with for support
as our 50-75 gamers like WHE / Phillips / Treloar will rule as 175+ game
players

Posters here have been touting Wills and Sier as the next big things for a year or so, but is there anything that actually supports that? I admit I haven't seen Sier play, and I have seen very little of Wills. From what I have seen of Wills, he appears slow and his skills are not great. Am I missing something in my analysis, and if so, what am I missing? Also, whose position in the midfield would they take? It's not as if we have an overly old or depleted midfield.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Of the two (Sier and Wills) Sier is producing good football repeated week after
week (I have watched some TV games and a live game)—IMO a bit in front of
Wills on skill.
Would he replace some one in 2020 —he could step into the breach after Daniel Wells departure and fast fwd the Treloar alledged injury be a fill in

Fill in first ,stamp his authority on several AFL games and who knows

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:12 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
I suppose I should add that Collingwood might now only have 5 wins in a row but the Future Captain has 8. No doubt it's a complete coincidence that they've won the last 5 games in a row since he came back from injury.

Yes and he's also the leader of the most goals conceded club, least meters gained per possession club, most turnovers/clangers average per disposal club
It should also be noted he's now not a starting best 18 player and hasn't been for some time (started from the bench in 4 of the past 5 games
He averages 74% game time now but during that time the oppostion score 91.4% of there total score and that's no coincidence
Finally whilst the club in announcing one signing after another locking away what the club calls "our future" he remains uncontracted beyond 2018
Be concerned as when Moore is available and your cry for a KPD is ringing in the coaches ears he may just look over the stats and see where the biggest weakness on our defence lays and decide to rid the team of that weakness

Honestly your constant slagging off on Langdon has become tiresome.

Also your statistics are wrong.

Langdon has averaged 85% game time in 2018 and at an average of 242 metres gained per game he is 4 ahead of Schareberg from the same exact possession average of 21.

Treloar like Langdon has been named on the I/C for every match starting at round 9. Do you believe this is an indication he's likely to be dropped also? The more logical conclusion is that both players are being managed because of ongoing soft tissue concerns and we protect them from the frantic first few minutes.

Moore if ever fit and in form would replace Appleby in defence I would imagine or a Greenwood or Daicos from yesterdays 22.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=3975&pid2=3923&fid1=S&fid2=S

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:25 pm

And which one of their numerous shit cvnts pushed Treloar when he went over? Badly needs his teeth kicked in...
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:29 pm

swoop42 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:

Honestly your constant slagging off on Langdon has become tiresome.

Also your statistics are wrong.

Langdon has averaged 85% game time in 2018 and at an average of 242 metres gained per game he is 4 ahead of Schareberg from the same exact possession average of 21.

Treloar like Langdon has been named on the I/C for every match starting at round 9. Do you believe this is an indication he's likely to be dropped also? The more logical conclusion is that both players are being managed because of ongoing soft tissue concerns and we protect them from the frantic first few minutes.

Moore if ever fit and in form would replace Appleby in defence I would imagine or a Greenwood or Daicos from yesterdays 22.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_player_compare?playerStatus1=A&tid1=5&playerStatus2=A&tid2=5&type=A&pid1=3975&pid2=3923&fid1=S&fid2=S

Spot on.
If your bagging Langdon than you have nfi.
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:54 pm

And our women's team continue on their winning way by also beating Carlton on Saturday

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-06-25/vflw-pies-remain-undefeated

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:49 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Can people seriously not tell the difference between a Collingwood jumper and a Carlton one? What is the world coming to?

No, I could tell them apart easily but I still prefer the predominant white guernsey than the predominant black we've adopted as our home jumper since 2001.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9   

Jump to: