Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Suns - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:04 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing second half and we lost the last quarter .

On the bright side, 6 in a row. Long time since we've done that.
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:05 pm

Once Dunn went off the back line looked a bit lost. Hope hes ok.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:09 pm

I've changed my mind about Tom Lynch. Steven May is the one to go for. He has to be at least as good as Brian Lake was when Lake went to Hawthorn. Can we get Steven May for 2019?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:12 pm

Adz wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Amid the rubbish, that was yet another stellar performance from Thor Grundy. He was massive, clearly the difference between the two teams.

You kidding? Suns won the clearances and he turned it over most of the time

Can say same about everyone tonight

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:15 pm

They answered the first bit GC thru at them then went to town

After that it was as if they thought it would keep going without having to work for the win

Sier did OK first up

hot pie Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:16 pm

Very uninspiring performance, but we had a win, I thought we lost some drive without AT
WHE didnt get a goal tonight
Still lets get back to the MCG and get ready for Essendon
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:16 pm

We lost offensive run in the second half. Maynard's influence disappeared after a very good first half.

Players like Mayne and Phillips were the ones who kept the effort going.

Sier did ok for his first game. Looks slow though and that could be a concern against better opponents. Not really the type we needed to added.

Definitely need Varcoe back next week.

The margin is irrelevant though. We got the win and that's what we came for. Tick.

leonmagic Pisces

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:19 pm

A 40pt win to lock in 2nd spot on the ladder after round 15, and people are still whinging. Never change, Nick's Smile
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:19 pm

Wokko wrote:
All the players are wrecked, humidity 90% and 20 degrees. Bit much to rag on them.

Fully agree. It was obvious that most were feeling the conditions in the second half.
There were some positives - Sier did okay (kicked two beautiful entries into the forward 50 that resulted in goals), Chris Mayne played out of his skin.
His defensive work in the back line after dunne went off is the reason we're sitting 2nd. (How amazing it that!!!) Ben Crocker worked really hard. Love the way the small forwards share the goals amongst themselves. Thought WHE was too selfless - he didn't kick one tonight. Crying or Very sad
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 pm

It's always good to get a win,but the second half was diabolical.I hope we haven't played ourselves out of form.And Treloar's loss is huge.I think he's irreplacable in this team,because there's no-one who plays quite like him.
Adz 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:28 pm

Varcoe straight in for Lagdon
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:29 pm

Wokko wrote:
All the players are wrecked, humidity 90% and 20 degrees. Bit much to rag on them.

Now that puts a bit of context in it.

Just like Ballarat in winter

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Sier made a good debut but he doesn't play like Treloar. He plays like Pendles. That's not the fault of Sier. We don't have anyone with run of Treloar. That's a problem we need to solve because we have some tough matches coming up.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Well, thatll do. It was a disappointing quarter and a half, and for a brief period In the last quarter I thought we were a chance to get overrun so I am happy enough with how it played out. I suspect its a harder place to play then it looks, as both sides were clearly hugely fatigued by the end. Forty points to any side interstate is a good return.

As I said in the pre-game, I think this is as weak a side as we can field without finding ourselves mid-table again - indeed, if we do not improve it, we might get some nasty shocks in the weeks ahead. No disrespect to Daicos, Crocker, Appleby, Sier and Mihocek, but they are the top end of our reserves side at the moment, and some quality coming back in via Reid, Moore, Elliott, Aish, Varcoe will all make a big difference.

A few individual mentions :

1. Chris Mayne gets better with every week. Its a great story and a huge credit to his character.
2. Josh Thomas is the other story of the year, for me. He has become a near-elite small forward, and thats another great story of triumph over a terrible setback.
3. Stephenson is a jet, but he's not yet a one on one defender able to mark long bomb kicks. Why we kept kicking it to him that way in the second half is anyones guess.
4. Langdon gets a lot of stick, but his efforts in the last quarter and a half were very important. I thought he was our best defender in that last quarter, in particular, whe it really mattered. He makes a few mistakes because he puts himself in so many difficult contests.
5. Looks as though Dunn should be ok. He was laughing and joking at the end, which would not be likely if the injury was bad. He was a general down back, and if he had not gone off when he did, Id have had him in my GB votes.

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:36 pm

We got the job done and right now that is all that really matters. 10 min into the 3rd we were 10 goals up, as far as I am concerned the game was over there and then, the rest was just conservation. We have a MASSIVE month coming up. Dons, Eagles, Kangas & Tigers. All can be wins and all could be defeats. The Suns just aren't worth the big effort. We understand which are the big games and our effort is always there when they roll around. Big picture time guys.

Let's talk about the big unstoppable man mountain called Brodie Grundy. The #1 ruckman in the comp hands down. Every commentator would be in agreement if he was in any other jumper. Just a workhorse like you've never seen. Just keeps on running and contesting every contest over and over just dominating opponents. Glad we picked him up at a bargain in his draft, how many clubs would be regretting overlooking him now?

Thomas was back to his hard running goal kicking best, good to see him bring some of that back again. Stephenson was again great, found it a bit tough at times beating May one-on-one, but hey, he is a fleet-footed string bean of a kid. Always looks dangerous, so too did WHE and DeGoey, but all three of them were just fooling around so much with the ball, just playing around like schoolboys a bit too much. The three of them could have had a dozen between them if they really had that killer instinct, not yet but when it comes look out! I'd like to see Phillips given a rest, just looks off right now. Still feeling effect of concussion? Don't know, but he doesn't look switched on for whatever reason. Nice debut from Sier, did nothing wrong but not sure what his weapon is yet. Daicos needs to start doing a bit more, let's see those skills at work, maybe get him pushing forward a bit more, hit the pack edges. I want to see a few old Daicos dribbling breakers slide through! Wink

Shaz, Dunne & Howe again all solid down back. Mayne is really looking settled across half back now, he is actually looking really reliable with ball in hand, I like what I'm seeing there. But we did miss Treloar a bit, it was noticeable that his run and carry was absent, I hope this does not become a burden as the season wears on, we will see how we manage without him.

Overall, the first 2 1/2 qtrs were sensational, really put them to the sward in the way you would expect a top 4 side to do. Absolutely we racked the cue after that. i think this was just a deliberate ploy to conserve ourselves given our next month, at least I hope so. Good win, we take 2nd spot, Carlton & Hawthorn both get beaten, how sweet it is!! Cool

MONCO: Your life.

Last edited by Monco Matt on Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: