Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Weagles end Pies' run - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Injuries caught up with us. They nearly did last week in the aerial battles. Losing Cox was the killer blow. With them having all their talls in and us losing Cox we lost our structure. We are simply too short and need an injection of class to replace the guys who aren't ready or good enough: Elliott, Treloar (fingers crossed), Aish and Cox.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:49 pm

That sucked.

Without Cox up forward, McGovern just controlled our forward line, along with Hurn.

Sidey was tagged out of it and the wiggles just spread the game out with uncontested possessions making us chase arse all day. That was as shit as we've played all year, our injuries finally caught up with us.

On a positive note, Moore looked good down back and did a few full sprints without doing a hammy. He'll be better for the run

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:52 pm

We'll bounce back and as for not being able to finish top two or even top four I think that is pessimism that creeps in just after a loss.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:53 pm

The other thing is they look like losing NicNat for the year and finally we have no injuries. I would be rather us today not them. Credit though, they did play very well.
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:55 pm

You have your ldowners. Their accuracy kept them in it early. We were not able to buy a goal as they out muscled around the ground and that was the story of the day. Done was sorely missed, could have done with Wills after we lost Seir, Cox would have been handy up forward. And even though we weren't going to make up the defecit Crocker's lack of urgency at taking his shot was dissapointing nevertherless. Reload we have North next week.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm

In hindsight maybe we knew we were stuffed for run in this one. We rested Cox, which was not the game to be doing that given our lack of talls. I think the coaches knew we were done in this one and decided to cut our losses and use the chance to rest the big unit up. Just my gut feeling in hindsight after watching the game play out.

MONCO: Your life.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:57 pm

Sier was injured?
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
After the first 15 mins we looked pretty tired and lethargic imo. It's clear to me that Crocker and Daicos are not good enough atm, and Varcoe is just about shot.

Structurally, we clearly missed Cox as well, but overall, our players simply did not work hard enough.

The warning signs were there three weeks ago; adequate display at best vs. Carlton, inept 2nd half against GCS, and somehow shrugged off Essendon last week after a goal-less 2nd quarter.

So the wheels generally fall off each year by May or June, and this year it's July.
In reality, we were fvcked as soon as Treloar went down.

Crocker and Daicos can have a spell in the VFL, Brown can come in.

Let me go on record to suggest that display today by Varcoe worst the most PATHETIC i've ever seen in a Collingwood jumper. I've never seen a player either miss his target or simply hand the ball over to the opposition as much as he has today.
If he never plays for the club again, I couldn't care less. Go back to Geelong if that's the best you can do; I simply refuse to tolerate efforts like that.

Positives from today? Moore didn't pull another hamstring. Yet.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:59 pm

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
After the first 15 mins we looked pretty tired and lethargic imo. It's clear to me that Crocker and Daicos are not good enough atm, and Varcoe is just about shot.

Structurally, we clearly missed Cox as well, but overall, our players simply did not work hard enough.

The warning signs were there three weeks ago; adequate display at best vs. Carlton, inept 2nd half against GCS, and somehow shrugged off Essendon last week after a goal-less 2nd quarter.

So the wheels generally fall off each year by May or June, and this year it's July.

Let me go on record to suggest that display today by Varcoe worst the most PATHETIC i've ever seen in a Collingwood jumper. I've never seen a player either miss his target or simply hand the ball over to the opposition as much as he has today.
If he never plays for the club again, I couldn't care less. Go back to Geelong if that's the best you can do; I simply refuse to tolerate efforts like that.

I think you’re selling Tony Burgess short, there, Dyso.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:01 pm

So, they seemed to adopt the Hawthorn style in the second half - lead and mark, lead and mark all the way down the bloody ground ie the slower game.
A serious question - we always seem to struggle against Hawthorn when they do this too. Why are we so bad at manning up and stopping those easy transitions? Too slow? Unwilling to sacrifice the chaos, in close game that we favour?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:02 pm

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Agree on Trav, never seen a player butcher it repeatedly like he did today, he must have broken a mirror this week....at least he was getting to the contest and getting touches I suppose...

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 pm

piedys wrote:

Yep. We can only hope he gets to play unhindered again this season.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Has there ever been steam that entered Round 16 second on the ladder and missed the top 8?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:07 pm

Really missed Cox out there, they were desperately seeking Cox on a number of occasions

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
derkd 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:08 pm

No injuries is the key, as long as we keep getting personal back we will be in good stead. Today was a loss but west coast played well.. and I think we were due for a reality check...nothing worse than winning too many only to fall over in the finals....2011 any one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12   

Jump to: