Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Weagles end Pies' run - All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

tbaker wrote:
And some supporters (and media) at season's start were wondering whether there was a place in the side for both Grundy and Cox together. How important both have proved to be...

Our most important points of difference with most teams; a ruckman who can ruck rove and a giant who can kick goals but whose tapwork is sublime.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:12 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
I don’t think it is all doom and gloom.

Outside of DtM's usual pessimism, I don't see any 'gloom & doom' posts.

With their ins ad our outs, the result was fairly obvious.

Who, at the start of the year, and certainly after the second game, even imagined we'd be ahead of Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS, PA, Melbourne, Bulldogs and even Essendon and Freo, after 17 rounds ?

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:38 pm

Nobody Donny. Absolutely nobody.
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:58 pm

Cam wrote:
Jezza wrote:
The Eagles plan to nullify Pendles and Sidey worked successfully. Both players who were pivotal to our victory last week were much quieter this week. With the absence of Treloar, the quiet games from Pendles and Sidey was more evident.

Yeah. This is where the cream on the cake is Treloar. You can hold one of them, reduce another but three is tough.

Note though, Bucks *could* have shifted De Goey in there as he did to win the game against Melbourne, but he elected not to.

He could have shifted JT in there for more game time, not sure if he did or didn't.

He could have swung Moore in hope... but he didn't. Or Howe. But he didn't.

In fact he could have done many things, but he didn't.

He elected to let it play out. He did not act like a desperate man today.

Correct. Desperados have beards.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:01 am

Donny wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Who, at the start of the year, and certainly after the second game, even imagined we'd be ahead of Sydney, Geelong, Hawthorn, GWS, PA, Melbourne, Bulldogs and even Essendon and Freo, after 17 rounds ?

we aren't ahead of Sydney and PA and if you think we are, you are deluding yourself......

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:04 am

You and your their ins ad our outs the result was obvious.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:10 am

Crazypie wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

Many on hear have bemoaned Dunn but today he would have been handy wouldn't he ?

Crocker is near on hopeless at times

I gave Langdon a rap at half time but overall his stats show that was statistically his equal 3rd worst game of the season. 66 AF points is categorised as average. 175 meters gained is poor along with no intercept marks. In fairness to him he's been asked to play roles he isn't suited too and like others is being exposed and that includes Scharenberg who yesterday was another who was ordinary in most facets of the game.
Miochek kicked what 1-4 should have at a minimum been 3-2 and he was barely even handy in the ruck
They weren't the only poor players but it highlights the low level of expectancy some have.
Our defence was under manned all day they got it in quick and long and we didn't have the players to combat it.
For mine this was a bad day at the office all round
The coach really made some errors today.
Why wouldn't we send Miochek back and Moore to ruck or forward for a bit just to change things up ?

Absolutely we missed Dunn.

Crocker IS hopeless.

Langdon did at least take 1 intercept mark coz he took one right in front of me unknown if he took any more.

If Miochek was moved to FB and Moore went to the ruck Kennedy would of kicked 10... Moore looked good down back and Miochek was the only decent looking tall target forward.

Greenwood looked to me the most out of place missing simple 15-20m passes putting so much pressure on the receiver.

Greenwood and unfortunately Sier out (he looked very sore trying to run out his corky and I doubt will make it back in time)

Brown cox ins

I'd try and find someone else for Crocker but I just don't think we have anyone Murray maybe but I doubt it will happen until he has a couple great Vfl games.

i think its funny that people have softly sledged Langdon and quietly over rated Mihocek.

Langdon was terrific. Langdon's ability to provide a chop out probably stopped Darling and Kennedy kicking a dozen. He reads the play so well. Just seems to know where he needs to be. Countless times he killed a defensive contest with a strong fist over the top or got his body in the way to force a stoppage. These are things good defenders do that dont make it onto the stats sheet. He also did enough with things that do hit the stat sheet.

Mihocek on the other hand was a complete liability. First, he could not keep his opponent accountable which was a primary reason why most of our forward entries in the first half resulted in a McGovern mark or chop out. Just didnt work hard enough at making himself dangerous. Then, in the second half when he was able to get his mitts on the ball, he kept missing makable shots. I am a fan of Mihocek. He has made a great start to his AFL career and (with all of the injuries) would not be in danger of losing his spot in the 22. But the game against the Eagles was not one of his finest moments.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:12 am

E wrote:
Donny wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

we aren't ahead of Sydney and PA and if you think we are, you are deluding yourself......

No. I checked the Ladder.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:17 am

Donny wrote:
E wrote:
Donny wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

maybe you should check more carefully next time....

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:20 am

E wrote:
Donny wrote:
E wrote:
Donny wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

I just checked it too. We are third. Sydney and Port are fourth and fifth respectively. On percentage, I grant you, but if the season ended today we would gain an advantage over both of them because we are ahead of them.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:09 pm

I know you don't think percentage matters, E, but this is taking your beliefs to a whole new level. Laughing
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 pm

Donny wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Someone else posted the hold my beer comment for dropping from 2nd in R16 to out of the eight.

Seen a few posts questioning whether we will make the eight and that’s fine, but I disagree with them.

Not sure the result was obvious (bookies had us clear favourites), but I was always nervous about it.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Cam wrote:
Nobody Donny. Absolutely nobody.

Very Happy

I think this is the hold my beer guy!

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:44 pm

Mugwump wrote:
E wrote:
Donny wrote:
E wrote:
Donny wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

I just checked it too. We are third. Sydney and Port are fourth and fifth respectively. On percentage, I grant you, but if the season ended today we would gain an advantage over both of them because we are ahead of them.

A pretty big if Mugsy. And actually, we know one thing that is 100% true. The season isnt ending today. I would say that Sydney, Collingwood and Port are as close to all tied up as three teams could be. But Sydney and Port have done better than 1-5 against teams in the top 10! Come to think of it, so have GWS and Melbourne (although not 100% sure about Melbourne).

I have us as the 7th best team in the comp at the minute.

E 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:46 pm

David wrote:
I know you don't think percentage matters, E, but this is taking your beliefs to a whole new level. Laughing

Percentage doesn't matter. Our percentage does not prove we are ahead of Port and Sydney (as others have suggested).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12   

Jump to: